• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Click image for larger version

Name:	62AD9E52-52D2-4A54-B166-1D0FFBDC4AFE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	780236

Let’s drink some green beer

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY

Name:	37A40CD0-1BC3-42C3-AB6C-39B95FE95991.jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	780235

Well where has the winter went it will be 40 days and we will be seeding, this big goose is testing his wings and will be heading NORTH real soon.

On the farm grain cleaning needs to take place plus a few custom jobs. Crop plans are almost done, I might drop peas all together as the one crop that sucks for fall is peas. But right now I’ll give them two weeks.

We have snow and quite a large amount, I’m not sure of how much moisture is in the snow but with 7 inches from august to freeze up last fall I would say our area will have sloughs and the ground will be recharged full. It’s a great start.

Combines will arrive in late June and that’s on time. Looking at a used 4 track after seeding to add to the fleet.

Both drills were almost ready last summer so just a few hoses and adjusting on coulters. New system on anhydrous on rig two.

Will parts be tough to get this spring I’m guessing some stuff might be.

Still looking FOR A EXTRA SECTION OR MORE might have to find a investor to prop up the farm seems like the only way to play any more. Hahahaha no I’m proud we’re still a family farm in Canada and not a name with investors. One large farm is now even bigger.

War keeps going on in Ukraine and a cleansing is happening in RUSSIA BECAUSE ALL TRAITORS will be taken out. Cleansing is going on says PUTIN. Biden is weak and well skippy and company are bringing Timmy’s coffee and donuts that’s it, we have nothing to offer and the world sees that our media can spin it any way it wants we are irrelevant.

Tv in Britain was laughing at skippy and his whole trip didn’t even get mentioned on USA Chanel’s.

Also this war is funny if Russia was so strong why is it taking so long to destroy Ukraine.

It they attacked canada I bet a million Trudeau would flee and leave us all to fend for our selves. He is a weak pathetic fool. We’re sitting ducks if this goes insane.

Grain prices are up and then down then up then down. But the checks were getting is real nice for a lower yielding crop. Our yields were nice if it was 1999.

WE HAVE ALL FERTILIZER HOME IN THE YARD EXCEPT ANHYDROUS.

All round up is from last springs semi loads so cheap round up for one more season.

Plans for 2022.

Canola 5000

Wheat 4700

Barley 300

Peas zero as of now because of shitty fall price.

Got email from BASF prepare to pay more for our product welcome to 2022.

On a side note I am heading to HOUSTON THEN HEADING NORTH THROUGH THE DRIEST PART OF USA. WILL BE A HANDS ON BOOTS ON THE GROUND REPORT. Ukraine won’t seed much if war continues. And if USA is really that dry wheat could be interesting come fall. Canadian grain companies are out to lunch as usual with prices.

Have a great week off for last golf game and a few more deck parties before the long trip north. Oh changes to the border for crossing but watch the little shit will screw snow birds one last time it will be Easter for relaxing rules. So still need a rapid test and all USA sites are shut down so a new tough thing needed to find to go home. CVS has a new app and it needs a USA phone to get a USA APP.

USA is done with Covid if you see a mask it’s some one who wants to wear it or is sick or doesn’t have the vaccine.

Have a great day stay safe and let’s all just get along.

Oh the USA will be going to permanent spring time change and that’s it no rolling clocks back come fall.

Name:	88B8CC36-4771-417D-BAA4-CC4170AD2C06.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	773211

I planted more trees than Trudeau this winter.

Name:	E3DAA013-C130-4D3E-857A-F66E28A8182C.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	773212Click image for larger version

Name:	546F46C6-F04C-4424-B665-FAF1E1BC13A9.jpg
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	773214

Sugarcane.

Name:	7496E30B-BE78-4A13-BCC9-4F7AF13FC574.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	773213

Comment

Did watch the other day harvesting of sugarcane from the burning off the leaves to cutting and hauling the cane away it was interesting and fun to see.

Name:	A9055424-9B8D-49F5-970E-2E80C73C5871.jpg
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	773215

Name:	B297DE59-5F0F-425D-AD7C-6250DBED4FD7.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	773216

Comment

CP is locking out workers now just what we don’t need before spring and we have a weak gov in Ottawa who won’t give a darn about who it hurts.

Comment

Name:	01DBAEC9-3765-4F00-BFF9-A3A7C8B27B6A.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	773218

The red area I will drive through home

Comment

Oh big rumours who bought farm in the PAS.

STARTS WITH A M

Comment

What type of goose is that?

Comment

It doesn’t matter how red the map shows, we all know the wheat crop has 99 lives. They will be pulling off record yields. I don’t even pay attention to the crop ratings down there. It’s all a joke ... just like the wheat prices. How do you market a crop properly with such volatility?
                We are get screwed royally!!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

STARTS WITH A M
                  Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

STARTS WITH A M
                    What kind of dollars?

Surprised the Mennonites haven't moved in there.

I guess they don't normally buy more than about 6 quarters and don't buy communally.

Comment

In 40 days, unless we have a miracle, there will be snow still here. A few days coming above zero, then below zero to March 31, isn’t gunna do it. We marvelled at the lack of snow at Regina after hearing about how they had a lot of snow. It blew into the yards. And of course it was plus four in Regina, and minus eight at home.

Have had a few ewes with toxaemia, sorted out the next group of lambs to put on full feed.

Gates have never been something I think too much about, until this year. Shovelling them out every time I feed is a must. Glad I made them somewhat flexible. I do worry a bit about what I’ll do when I get to be 70 or so? Maybe some of the kids will farm? It does look promising so far in that regard. But that’s another post for another time. We have enough acres for five families if need be.

Seeding down another quarter to hayland. Will cost me about thirty bucks an acre. ONCE. For six years. No fertilizer. Just the seed. Maybe a burn off, depending on what the spring is like.

Seeding down a fenced piece with an annual multi species party mix, (along with a perennial grass blend) that would make the old grain farming me shake my head in disgust. This may cost a whopping 75 bucks an acre.

I was going to seed some barley again, but I believe I have enough feed for a few years, so I’m wondering about fabas again. Cheap to seed, beautiful to smell while blooming, and they like it wet, and it’s looking wet. Would make a nice blend for feed as well with barley.

Lambing starts in 45 days, that’s a fact, no matter the weather, we know with certainty within a few days of when it will start. Our favorite time of year. Lol Spring used to get me revved up and not in a good way. In a stressed way. But now spring is the absolute best.

I pull the late night shift, my wife comes to life and gets up at 4 with a smile. We work together well. It was nice yesterday, as with it being plus one, she came out and did our thing out there together, after months of isolation. (She doesn’t do well with cold!) What’s our thing? We feed the sheep and sit on buckets and observe them as they leave the troughs for the hay. We’re better together! We come out of hibernation, and come alive together. There is nothing we would rather do.

Finally, thank you Regina and Emerald park folks for buying our lamb, and smashing my wildest expectations of sales. It’s nice to feel like we matter as farmers. I never felt that in grain farming even a little bit.

Off to feed!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        What kind of dollars?

Surprised the Mennonites haven't moved in there.

I guess they don't normally buy more than about 6 quarters and don't buy communally.
                        Prices are on RB page .
                        Land was not cheap
                        That Versatile bi directional tractor went for a crazy price .
                        The rest of the equipment was sold for reasonable money I thought

Comment

No more tests needed coming back to Canada if you have your shots as of April 01. Still need a negative test to fly to the USA tho. We were in Vegas last week, prob 10% wearing masks, public transportation still requires masks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            Do tell.

So not a K?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Prices are on RB page .
                              Land was not cheap
                              That Versatile bi directional tractor went for a crazy price .
                              The rest of the equipment was sold for reasonable money I thought
                              A couple of thoughts I thought the 8870 New Holland tractor brought top dollar and the 2 Versatile tractors weren’t cheap either.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...