• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hamm's Bear

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamm's Bear

Hamm's bear sign is on and the smoking lamp is lit.
    Bit of a mind stretching week if you're trying to gauge the long term. The din of fools achieved a form of tinnitus.
    So tonight liberal libations and loud music while I build a termination letter to a certain individual.
    If you're swimming across the lake you not only need to know when you're half way, but you can't have the far shore keep moving around. Old bitty hens who are more fuss and feathers than eggs have to hit the pot.
    More than one team member needs this speech. Not naturally easy for me but the more people I fire the easier it gets.
    So have a great Friday night everybody. To perspective!

Question.
    Considering name tags for my company coveralls....
    Yoda
    Miyagi
    Greyballs

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comment

I feel dumb cause damnit I don’t follow the metaphor fully here or you’ve been into the rum?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        I feel dumb cause damnit I don’t follow the metaphor fully here or you’ve been into the rum?
        Star wars (wise but talks in riddles)
        Karate kid (Japanese karate master)
        Grey hair but definitely not in the Dead Pecker's Club (meeds no explanation)

Comment

It's amazing how attitudes change when someone gets fired. If it's a longtime coming there is relief, if it wasn't seen coming it gets heads turned in the right direction.

Just be prepared to provide coaching to the rest of the team to guide them in the right direction.

Don't make the firing look punitive.

Comment

Dang I feel dumb I thought that was what you were implying but thought otherwise. I know your pain. Employees good enough but do dumb stuff behind your back which you only know of because family and neighbours see it going on. Waiting to catch them in the act so you can fire them with just deserts. Kind of feel bad about it cause they’re not a bad worker but you got this in the back of your head things have broke down over past few years that you’ve never seen before in 20 years previous. Afraid to also run them off because replacing and retraining a new employee is a daunting task.

Comment

Good employees don't like to have to cover for problems.

Comment

All good and relative thoughts. Thank you all.
                This past Dec I fired a business partner. Now a family law lawyer.
                Trust is a loyalty that I struggle to understand the slight thereof.
                The employee that tries my brain is temporarily irreplaceable in this small world of qualifiers. My personal work is to grow a bigger pair and tell him where he stands in a way he can understand. At least until I can form a merger with a larger company.
                Now if only women were as easy.
                Heavy sigh.....

Comment

Speaking of which, why is it that they every one, all text you out of the blue on the same damn day with some goofy riddle your supposed to know the answer to? Is that the moon? Definitely not coincidence as I have hard proof to the contrary.

Comment

Definitely rum

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Speaking of which, why is it that they every one, all text you out of the blue on the same damn day with some goofy riddle your supposed to know the answer to? Is that the moon? Definitely not coincidence as I have hard proof to the contrary.
                      Speaking of riddle...

Comment

Agstar and Chucky got to him?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Agstar and Chucky got to him?
                          Or did big wheel hack his account and is posting under the influence as usual?

Comment

One of the toughest things to manage is employees. You have invested much time and money in training. But they are all individuals. Some you have trouble tolerating but they are good workers with talent. Others are great people but leave much to desire on the operational side.
                            Add a tight labor market and you sometimes wonder who runs the show.

I know a guy who every couple years cleans house. Not my style but I kiinda understand where he is coming from.

Comment

With employees it boils down to trust and communication.

Actually talking to them on a daily basis, talking business mixed with personal.
                              Why were they late for work, type questions should be answered honestly, same with other issues on the farm( break downs, repairs, etc) if they are outright lying or not telling the whole truth its a major problem - trust. If there are trust issues on simple or easy things it can get a lot worse fast.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...