• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the war and sanctions explain the shortages of farm inputs etc?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the war and sanctions explain the shortages of farm inputs etc?

Just thinking out loud.

Has Russia, been stockpiling fertilizer, chemicals, tires, parts, equipment, lubricants, consumer goods, etc. for the past ~2 years preparing for inevitable sanctions?

Assuming the leaders aren't complete fools, they had to know that the sanctions would happen when they invaded, as has been the case previously. The previous rounds of sanctions already had a drastic effect on their self sufficiency in food for example, where they used to import massive amounts of vegetables, fruit, dairy, and meat from Europe, sanctions made the prices go up, and increased production at home. Have they been protecting the rest of their supply chains in a similar way, especially those that come directly from China? Have they locked up years worth of inputs in preparation for a long drawn out economic war with the west? China blames Covid related disruptions, whereas in reality have they been sending them directly to Russia, or stockpiling in preparations for their own ambitions?

If so, can they out wait the west, who will freeze starving in the dark without their energy and agricultural exports?
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 3, 2022, 20:10.

Canadians even chipped in for the Silk Road.

Comment

Just remember both sides have nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Mutually Assured Destruction has been a completely effective deterrent ever since the second country obtained nuclear weapons. Safe to say it will continue to be effective. The failsafe mechanisms built into this system ensure that even if every last person is obliterated, the nukes will still be fired off in retaliation, in absence of anyone to push the button.

Russia doesn't need them, so long as Europe is almost completely reliant on their oil and gas, that is a far more effective weapon, and there is no possible retaliation that would compare.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
          you're referring to the US? and russia ?
          I thought Ukraine didn't have any ?

Comment

Captivating theory, AF5. It works well with the other theory, that they have been funding extremist groups (on both sides) and trolling western social media to create instability for some time now, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
              Captivating theory, AF5. It works well with the other theory, that they have been funding extremist groups (on both sides) and trolling western social media to create instability for some time now, too.
              It's definitely not a stretch to follow the money and figure out who is benefiting from protesting fracking and pipelines and basically any reliable energy development in the western world.
              And the most ironic part, is the same people who fell for it and jumped fully on board with sacrificing our energy industries in the name of big green, are the ones who are now the most militantly against the current events

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                It's definitely not a stretch to follow the money and figure out who is benefiting from protesting fracking and pipelines and basically any reliable energy development in the western world.
                And the most ironic part, is the same people who fell for it and jumped fully on board with sacrificing our energy industries in the name of big green, are the ones who are now the most militantly against the current events
                I agree when you say ironic. But I'll bet is you directly confronted any of the many that supported the campaign to kill the Canadian industry right here in there own country they would 100% staunchly defend their endorsement and see no connection to any outside involvement.
                Like the former KGB guy in the video posted said they have been sucked along for generations to get to where we are and they don't need obvois foreign interference directly as they have been programed to think they are on a glorious campaign to save not destroy.
                Last edited by shtferbrains; Mar 4, 2022, 14:43.

Comment

As Peter Zeihan just said, it's going to be interesting to see who else suddenly finds themselves having funding crisis's.

He didn't elaborate any further on that, but my immediate thought was which environmental groups?
                  Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 4, 2022, 15:35.

Comment

Comment

yea , nothing to do with that dough head printing money till hell wouldn't have it *****

Comment

Well, so much for that idea.
                        kory melby Retweeted
                        Oleg Levchenko
                        @OlegLevchenko3
                        ·
                        6h
                        Russia #crop #protection market 70% herbicides, 20% fungicides, 10% insecticides
                        They feel absolute Glyphosate deficit - spring planting campaign will face 50% deficit of herbicides - info from federal size chemical distributor

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Well, so much for that idea.
                          kory melby Retweeted
                          Oleg Levchenko
                          @OlegLevchenko3
                          ·
                          6h
                          Russia #crop #protection market 70% herbicides, 20% fungicides, 10% insecticides
                          They feel absolute Glyphosate deficit - spring planting campaign will face 50% deficit of herbicides - info from federal size chemical distributor
                          Sorry that I keep replying to my own self, but I wanted to point something out.

I put out an idea for others to critique or agree with.

Then I kept looking for evidence to either refute or support my hypothesis.

And when the first evidence I found indicated that my theory was wrong, I promptly publicly acknowedged that I was wrong.

Just a thought for those who continually post theories and opinions, then slink away when they are proven wrong.

Comment

Watching CTV national news tonight something I don’t normally do but they had a story on how Russia is bombing agricultural infrastructure in the Ukraine. They even had a quick blurb from our clueless federal agriculture minister on how she was surprised at Russia doing this. Then they talked about country’s which depend on the Ukraine and Russia for wheat and then Sylvain Charlebois was talking about how difficult it will be to replace this lost wheat production on the world stage and possible shortages. Wheat is trading below its highs of a few days ago, not sure if stories like this will affect future trading or if the media is just late coming to the realization of the implications of what Russia is doing?!

Comment

Old war tricks still in play destroy food and energy supply. Maybe a year from now it won't matter what you grow hungry people will eat it. Dark times indeed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...