• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A funny thing…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny thing…

So I was chuckling when you were discussing the western producer in that thread a couple weeks back. Because we had just had an interview on our farm by Mr. Arnason.

Anyhow. Left wing paper or not, I think he did a decent job of it, considering limited word and space. Lol The farm living section is supposed to be fun! Enjoy. And share.

Thanks. Find the border collie in the article. Describe to me where she is. And if you are within reasonable reach for delivery, I have a package of snack stix waiting for you.

https://www.producer.com/farmliving/couple-add-sheep-to-put-fun-back-into-farming/

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    So I was chuckling when you were discussing the western producer in that thread a couple weeks back. Because we had just had an interview on our farm by Mr. Arnason.

Anyhow. Left wing paper or not, I think he did a decent job of it, considering limited word and space. Lol The farm living section is supposed to be fun! Enjoy. And share.

Thanks. Find the border collie in the article. Describe to me where she is. And if you are within reasonable reach for delivery, I have a package of snack stix waiting for you.

https://www.producer.com/farmliving/couple-add-sheep-to-put-fun-back-into-farming/
    Great article, I always admire your "non bragging/boasting" comments here

Comment

She’s behind the bum of whoever’s behind Faiths bum 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
        She’s behind the bum of whoever’s behind Faiths bum 😂
        Now how do I ship you meat to central Alberta? How far are you from Hanna, Medicine Hat, or Edmonton.

Comment

Now how do I ship you meat to central Alberta? How far are you from Hanna, Medicine Hat, or Edmonton.
          Probably equidistant? Lol

Hanna would be closest but not in a direction I ever usually go. You can donate it to someone closer 😂

Comment

I enjoyed that article. Well done 👍

Although you’re a tad more grey than I would have guessed Sheepwheat! (It sounds like cows would fit in great btw)

Comment

I enjoyed that article. Well done 👍

Although you’re a tad more grey than I would have guessed Sheepwheat! (It sounds like cows would fit in great btw)
              Wet years stress? Christmas pageant dye remnants? Could be anything.

Comment

I just browsed this article at lunch and it is pretty cool. I see you deal with Mabel Hill and they were on a show we watched (flat out food) the other day. Quite a small world. Nice to see the family all involved too.

Best of luck with everything 👍

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                  I just browsed this article at lunch and it is pretty cool. I see you deal with Mabel Hill and they were on a show we watched (flat out food) the other day. Quite a small world. Nice to see the family all involved too.

Best of luck with everything 👍
                  Thanks! It’s a cool local food show. Glad to hear you’ve seen it. We know Jenn very very well. She is helping the local food movement in leaps and bounds. Stay tuned, my wife is aiming to partner up with Jenn for a lamb segment. I’m shy and hermit like. But my wife, she goes for it.

Comment

Thanks! It’s a cool local food show. Glad to hear you’ve seen it. We know Jenn very very well. She is helping the local food movement in leaps and bounds. Stay tuned, my wife is aiming to partner up with Jenn for a lamb segment. I’m shy and hermit like. But my wife, she goes for it.
                    And she does very good
                    Saw her TV debut way back when

Comment

Curiosity is piqued due to a discussion I’m having and you should be able to answer it SheepWheat. How are your sheep fenced in? Do you have page wire around entire quarters?

Comment

Curiosity is piqued due to a discussion I’m having and you should be able to answer it SheepWheat. How are your sheep fenced in? Do you have page wire around entire quarters?
                        Oh c'mon, don't you know?!

They all have names,are loved, and never want to leave paradise!!

"Home, home on the range... "

Isn't that how it works, sheep? :-)

Comment

Yes, tight hi tensile field fence they call it is the main fence. I bought a schwack of temporary posts last year and never used them yet, but we will split up big chunks into little chunks with a couple of hot wires, and my hope is to very intensively graze them, Gabe Brown (swearword to some) style. Reason number 53 that centralized water is not on my radar. We only have about 80 acres fenced so far. On good pasture, one should be able to run four ewes per acre. Some of our pastures are that good, but some is not even close, and so priority one is improving the poor pasture areas.

Last fall, the green in the stubble made me sick. The grazing available in the countryside that was simply sprayed out,( why oh why oh why?), was tremendous. Millions of lbs of meat could have been built on that fodder. Anyway, until my land is all properly fenced, I hope to run them on stubble after harvest with my temporary fencing (with more wires).
                          I have also wondered about avoiding a pre seed burn off operation by hitting fields hard with the sheep post seeding, pre emergence. If all one is after is annuals, why wouldn’t that work?

Sorry, I kind of got off track there. A simple answer went too far!

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                            Oh c'mon, don't you know?!

They all have names,are loved, and never want to leave paradise!!

"Home, home on the range... "

Isn't that how it works, sheep? :-)
                            Precisely. I sing to them. So long as I sing, they stay put. To move them to a new paddock, I simply stop singing, they get restless and move to the next pasture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...