• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukraine Kickback

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukraine Kickback

I've been a light seller of wheat this week. What do you guys think is an appropriate donation to send for relief to the people of the Ukraine to compensate for their suffering? 1%? 5%? I'm being serious, hope you are too.

Originally posted by crusher View Post
    I've been a light seller of wheat this week. What do you guys think is an appropriate donation to send for relief to the people of the Ukraine to compensate for their suffering? 1%? 5%? I'm being serious, hope you are too.
    I like your idea. I guess percentage is best left up to what you think is appropriate. All I know is my Ukrainian friends are some of the shrewdest business people but if you’re in a bind or having a wedding generosity I swear is a genetic trait. So pay it forward. I have some wheat to move too. Where do you send the money?

Comment

I like the Red Cross

Comment

I believe that the Canadian government is matching funds through the Red Cross Ukraine fund for one.

Samaritans Purse is also operating in Ukraine now.

Many options for sure, picking one that you have a personal connection with most often gives the most confidence your donation is best meeting your specific goals.

Cheers

Comment

When our town flooded every time the Red Cross was unbelievable
          We had nothing wrong compared to this but when you haven’t slept for a week and houses are near floating away they were such a comfort and so organized
          They (the Red Cross) knew what we needed before we did
          Absolutely amazing organization
          Salvation Army was also amazing for us
          Last edited by Guest; Mar 3, 2022, 17:01.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            I like the Red Cross
            That's your best bet, they have been in situations like this countless times.

Real easy to do go online make your donation with a credit card and they send you a receipt to your email address.

The Feds will match up to 10 million

Comment

And the beauty of that is that you know they’re trustworthy

Comment

I like this idea also.

Would be nice if some of the grain companies would also because they seem to be getting the biggest chunk of the futures moves around here lately.

Maybe they are and I haven't heard.

Comment

Rawlco Radio in Regina is where we sent ours. They got one anonymous donation of $500,000 today.

Comment

Crusher,

"In response to the invasion of Ukraine by Russian forces, Canadian Foodgrains Bank and other leading Canadian aid agencies – through the Humanitarian Coalition – are launching an appeal to raise funds and rush emergency assistance to people in need.

Approximately 2.9 million people were already in need of humanitarian assistance before the invasion, a figure which is expected to rise exponentially.

Humanitarian Coalition members and their local partners will be responding to the crisis caused by the conflict in Ukraine by providing emergency assistance to affected families."

Perhaps we will put together a project for the Ukraine!!!???

All the Best

Comment

Tom4cwb,

We have a Grow Hope meeting next week with MCC, have to see what is suggested. We may have to bump up our committed acres somewhat. It looks like we have a new grower joining us this year!!

Comment

I seen a news story last night about people from around the world, booking Airbnb's in Ukraine. They have no intention of vacationing there of course, but its a way to directly give to Ukrainian people. They interviewed the grateful owner of an Airbnb who has no tourists but is full past capacity with displaced Ukrainians.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...