• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiplash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Sanctioned , would not want to be a Versatile Employee or own the eqiupment
    . Sad state. Should never been sold to the Russians.
    https://amp.realagriculture.com/2022/03/russian-director-seen-as-potential-sanction-target-dropped-from-buhler-industries-board-of-directors/

Looks like Buhler had a major shake up to get rid of Russian Directors who are connected to Putin and support him.

Big mess…

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      https://amp.realagriculture.com/2022/03/russian-director-seen-as-potential-sanction-target-dropped-from-buhler-industries-board-of-directors/

Looks like Buhler had a major shake up to get rid of Russian Directors who are connected to Putin and support him.

Big mess…
      CP workers vote to strike…

The strike could begin in two weeks
      By Diego Flammini
      Staff Writer
      Farms.com

Employees at one of Canada’s national railways are prepared to strike.

Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) employees represented by the Teamsters Canada Rail Conference (TCRC) voted 96.7 per cent in favour of strike action if the two sides can’t come to an agreement on a new deal.

The TCRC represents about 125,000 Canadians with over 16,000 members working in the railway industry as engineers, conductors, trainspersons and yardpersons.

Union workers voted electronically from Feb. 1 to Feb. 28.

A 96.7 per cent in favour vote means of the 3,062 ballots sent out to workers, 2,960 of them support a strike.

The TCRC served a notice of dispute to Labour Minister Seamus O’Regan on Feb. 10 regarding the situation with CP, citing wages, benefits and pensions as the three main issues at hand.

The minister appointed a mediator to support the two sides in their negotiations.

CP and TCRC are working to avoid any disruptions.

“We will continue to participate in the mediation process with the assistance of (the appointed mediator) with planned dates of Friday, March 11 to Wednesday, March 16, 2022,” TCRC said in a Feb. 28 bulletin.

Union representatives, however, are making arrangements should a strike occur.

“While we are committed to negotiating collective agreements, we must move forward to make the arrangements for a work stoppage if required,” the bulletin says.

CP is ready to engage with TCRC to avoid any work stoppage.

But the negotiations need to be in good faith.

“CP is focused on arriving at a negotiated outcome that is in the best interests of all our employees and their families, our customers, our shareholders and the overall Canadian economy,” CP told Farms.com in an emailed statement. “The TCRC leadership, however, appears poised to force a shutdown of the essential rail supply chain, jeopardizing Canada's national economy, by making unreasonable demands. As a result, a work stoppage at CP could occur in March.”

CP employees last went on strike in 2018.“

Comment

WCS crude oil is now over $100/B US… must be the first time since the western Canadian Crude started trading.

Comment

Bounty on Putin... 1M$...

Graeme Massie
          Wed, March 2, 2022, 4:16 PM
          A Russian businessman has placed a $1m bounty on Vladimir Putin’s head and urged the country’s military officers to bring the president to justice.

Entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin made the promise in a post on social media site LinkedIn and called it his “moral duty” to take action and help Ukraine following the unprovoked attack.

“I promise to pay $1,000,000 to the officer(s) who, complying with their constitutional duty, arrest(s) Putin as a war criminal under Russian and international laws,” wrote Mr Konanykhin.

“Putin is not the Russian president as he came to power as the result of a special operation of blowing up apartment buildings in Russia, then violated the Constitution by eliminating free elections and murdering his opponents.”

His post included a photo of Mr Putin, with the caption, “Wanted: Dead or alive. Vladimir Putin for mass murder.”

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            There are a lot of Western Europeans in Russia and Ukraine running large farming enterprises. What do those guys do in this situation? I remember there being a large Swedish company running a massive operation in the Black Earth region of Russia. Some years back on the combine forum there was a fellow from the states who was working over there setting up a cattle ranch. It was quite interesting his experiences. That outfit was owned by an oligarch.
            When i was in Western Ukraine last in 2011 the Dutch were farming huge tracts of land with English bank money. I went to my families home village in 2005 and there were large parcels of land not being farmed gone back to nature with wild poppies growing everywhere. In 2011 the Dutch were operating leased farms between 30000 and 50000 hectares. It is illegal for foreigners to own land in Ukraine. I will never forget seeing a JD sprayer coming over a hill on a huge wheat field. I thought i was impressed until 4 more came after them.
            I remember talking to people in the village and when i asked about the soil the comment was when you die you are buried in black soil so 8 ft of it.

Comment

My grandfather said best ground in the world was Ukraine he left 6 to 10 ft of black for 6 to 10 inches of black in canada.

Comment

Hard to believe our dirt ( 6-10 inches of sand ) brings $2600/acre . Neighbors this week did that. I can't imagine plowing a foot deep and not dragging up white crap let along having 8 ft of topsoil.

Comment

Some areas around Melfort have some black piles when they dig a digout.

Comment

Black piles around Riceton, Gray, Kronau, so what, its gumbo.

Comment

War in the Black Sea region is going to have a huge impact on shipping of oil and grains. If insurance companies have not already cancelled insurance for ships handling goods coming out of that region, it probably won't be long before they do.

The climb in crude oil prices will be enough to shatter the economy all on its own. The marginal borrower cannot afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
                        War in the Black Sea region is going to have a huge impact on shipping of oil and grains. If insurance companies have not already cancelled insurance for ships handling goods coming out of that region, it probably won't be long before they do.

The climb in crude oil prices will be enough to shatter the economy all on its own. The marginal borrower cannot afford it.
                        Wheat all limits up…on US markets… corn too…
                        Drought Too in Midwest US…

Wild… new territory for volatility…

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...