• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiplash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whiplash

Grain prices completely unhinged. U.S. hearings mention food shortages and U.S. dependence on Russia. One would have to have a death wish to pre-price for fall.

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Grain prices completely unhinged. U.S. hearings mention food shortages and U.S. dependence on Russia. One would have to have a death wish to pre-price for fall.
    I agree but I'm scared all the same , have sold about 2/3 of old crop ,but would it ever be a kick in the nuts to miss these prices! nothing pre priced unless i see some AOG

Comment

So much uncertainty, so many what ifs. Ukranian crop? Russian crop? If you are shooting Russians will you be farming? How dependent are Russians on foreign equipment parts?

Comment

So much uncertainty, so many what ifs. Ukranian crop? Russian crop? If you are shooting Russians will you be farming? How dependent are Russians on foreign equipment parts?
        Arn't all the airdrill builders in big in both those places?

Comment

Which ones? Is Deere big there?

Comment

BG sure is;

Bourgault Industries Ltd. (Europe)
            Eastern European Sales Office
            Representative office for Eastern Europe:
            Kiev, tel/fax: +38(044)563-71-91.
            Representative office for Russia:
            Krasnodar, tel/fax: +7(861)252-79-33.
            Representative office for Kazakhstan:
            Kostanay, tel/fax: +7(7142) 223-955.

Comment

i think we will be lucky to get what we need to grow a crop here , can you imagine there?

Comment

Fly on the wall in Bourgault office!!

Comment

Wheat at 12 and canola at 20.
                  Not sure what you mean by death wish.
                  Scared they'll go up 30% or down 30%?
                  We are really only little grain companies ourselves. Time to commit to a options strategy expense off the top I guess. The greed, fear, hope, roller coaster making my head hurt, I will admit.
                  Sitting with a potential Royal Flush no time to fold.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Wheat at 12 and canola at 20.
                    Not sure what you mean by death wish.
                    Scared they'll go up 30% or down 30%?
                    We are really only little grain companies ourselves. Time to commit to a options strategy expense off the top I guess. The greed, fear, hope, roller coaster making my head hurt, I will admit.
                    Sitting with a potential Royal Flush no time to fold.

Comment

I find it too difficult to play games myself. But understanding the likes of poker valuable in life and business.
                      I've heard they even teach it in some business schools.
                      Live by the sword die by it I guess.

Comment

There are a lot of Western Europeans in Russia and Ukraine running large farming enterprises. What do those guys do in this situation? I remember there being a large Swedish company running a massive operation in the Black Earth region of Russia. Some years back on the combine forum there was a fellow from the states who was working over there setting up a cattle ranch. It was quite interesting his experiences. That outfit was owned by an oligarch.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          Arn't all the airdrill builders in big in both those places?
                          Versatile had Russian company Rostselmash owning 80 percent of its shares at one time. I am not sure if this is still in existence.

Comment

And just think what the input costs are going to be.

May end up being a wash, unless you get a bumper crop.

And what is the fertilizer situation going to be like.

Nerves of steel will be required!

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                              Versatile had Russian company Rostselmash owning 80 percent of its shares at one time. I am not sure if this is still in existence.
                              Sanctioned , would not want to be a Versatile Employee or own the eqiupment
                              . Sad state. Should never been sold to the Russians.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...