• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

liquid fertilizer agitation question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liquid fertilizer agitation question

this year for the first time i have 28-0-0 stored in a liquid bin , what is best way to agitate ? has the two 3 inch valves , i have heard of using a compresor , i have a big industrial one ,or does a 3 inch pump do a good job mixing ?

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
    this year for the first time i have 28-0-0 stored in a liquid bin , what is best way to agitate ? has the two 3 inch valves , i have heard of using a compresor , i have a big industrial one ,or does a 3 inch pump do a good job mixing ?
    pump works fine..

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
      A few times I have kept 28-0-0 for two years. The pump did a good job mixing for me. Never had a problem. I mixed it a couple times a year

Comment

Don't use the big air compressor unless you want to apply it in a 60 ft radius of the bin. Huge sidewall pressure.

We use a 50+ year old air compressor with a 30 gallon tank. Likely 4 or 5 cfm. Regulated to 10 or 15 psi. We have a 3in plastic cap drilled and tapped for a 3/8" pipe that goes to a check vavle to protect the air compressor in case the power goes out. Make sure you wire the ears on the cap shut. Wait for a warm day in the spring to get the product back in suspension. 3 or 4 days should be lots if the days are warm.

Our biggest tank is a 320 mt stainless.

Comment

Originally posted by may-be View Post
          A few times I have kept 28-0-0 for two years. The pump did a good job mixing for me. Never had a problem. I mixed it a couple times a year
          thanks , i have some 10,000 us gallon poly tanks too and pump has always worked great in them , just never done it in a bin

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            Don't use the big air compressor unless you want to apply it in a 60 ft radius of the bin. Huge sidewall pressure.

We use a 50+ year old air compressor with a 30 gallon tank. Likely 4 or 5 cfm. Regulated to 10 or 15 psi. We have a 3in plastic cap drilled and tapped for a 3/8" pipe that goes to a check vavle to protect the air compressor in case the power goes out. Make sure you wire the ears on the cap shut. Wait for a warm day in the spring to get the product back in suspension. 3 or 4 days should be lots if the days are warm.

glad to hear that thanks , i was thinking of trying the big compressor i think mine is 115 cfm ! that may have been a very bad idea !

Comment

We do both depending on tank size , the 550 mt tank we just circulate with the 3 in electric pump for 2-3 days once it warms up end of April
              The 150 mt Fiberglas tank and a few 10,000’s we just use air .
              Thread in an air Chuck in the cap , but make sure it’s vented properly in the lid .

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

^^^^What he said^^^^

Comment

Bubbling with a small compressor is far superior to a pump. A way less energy used as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...