• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 SCIC prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 SCIC prices

2022 https://www.scic.ca/crop-insurance/prices
    Prices posted today

Originally posted by V Belt View Post
    2022 https://www.scic.ca/crop-insurance/prices
    Prices posted today
    Prices look about where they should be. Press release said premium rate is going to drop a bit. That is good. But the total bill is going to be a lot higher, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by rodd View Post
      Prices look about where they should be. Press release said premium rate is going to drop a bit. That is good. But the total bill is going to be a lot higher, I know.
      Base price for most crops is based on Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s January price forecast for the upcoming year. Pedigreed, forage and organic crops have a separate price structure to reflect the value of these crops. Alternative sources are used to determine prices for some smaller acre crops.

Update with Alberta
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 28, 2022, 23:12.

Comment

This year the coverage values between crops is the most I’ve ever seen, oats coverage is almost twice that of wheat. They definitely low balled wheat, the rest of the crops are closer to what they should be. If I’m farming crop insurance this year I would have wall to wall oats and canola. You have to wonder how these crop insurance values will influence what is grown this year after coming off of last year’s drought.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	425E2F11-300C-4DDD-B1EA-174461AC559A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	773184
        Click image for larger version

Name:	E3A1F290-DEE4-4B2B-B11A-E797C4B6C56F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	773183

Comment

• Reply to this Thread