• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

102 bu cnl

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

102 bu cnl

In the WP this week there is a article on cnl management done by Dennis Bulani and Troy LaForge (near biggar Sk).

Just wondering if anyone works with these guys or has seen any of there plots/work. There work sounds interesting as it’s nice to see pp push the yield limit on the crops we grow.

They posted a general recipe and all I can say is wow, I would not want to put that many dollars out and risk it with mother nature. They do comment that “growing 100 bu. may not be feasible yet”.. BUT maybe their 80 bu cnl might be??

https://www.producer.com/crops/ingredients-for-102-bushel-canola/

Dennis owns rack petroleum. He’s been doing plots for quite some time. Try and get some of their research booklets from past years. Interesting stuff for sure.

Comment

All roses till it doesn't rain.

Comment

Judging by the yield monitor, 100+ bushel canola is easily achievable here. We get the moisture, we can buy the nutrients.
        But it takes a lot of heat units, and a long growing season to get that much plant to mature. Which we don't get. Those really high yielding patches are still green enough to silage in late October, moisture is off the charts.

Or they are the completely frozen areas where you put massive amounts of straw through the combine for mostly frozen pepper in the hopper.

Comment

Well 2 years ago I hit 70 on one qtr.
          And not that I am generally in that range at all, best before was 50 -56.
          Even that year best other fields were mid 50s. The difference, all had 85# n nh3 midrow, 15 p with seed. Then spread 20 s 20 p 24 n.
          But still had blend left ,so I cut the rate 20% and spread that piece again.
          So add another 17 s 17p and 20 n
          That was the difference, and on the yield monitor , you could see where I had ran out. I will try and repeat that but will not likely happen. Everything has to be right and that field stayed green a long long time.

Comment

Best crop I ever had was 70 on a quarter we fed cows on for years. Think the manure slowly released throughout the season supplying nutrients. Perfect moisture and heat also helped. Everything that year averaged 50+. Haven’t hit that since even with higher fertility. In fact canola yields have declined here because of less than ideal weather. I have come to realize that I push for 40 and some years it’ll do better but most times I’m happy to average 35-40. I read on here and see all these guys putting on 100+ lbs on N. Even my neighbours on better ground doing the same but trials I’ve done every year playing with my blend of urea and s15 70# n is the best bang for my buck. Heck even some years 50# would be adequate.

Comment

Our job is to ensure the lowest stave on the yield barrel is the weather. All while making money. Haha.
              If we treated our canola like a row crop we'd see a lot more yield.
              The technology is just getting here for that. Seed singulation latest big leap for ex.
              Effort in needs a big change.
              If only we could regulate the input tap to match the weather on a just in time basis.
              Same applies to all crops.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...