• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western canada needs to ditch confederation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western canada needs to ditch confederation

There was never an ECONOMIC REASON for the west to stay a part of Canada….now there is no MORAL REASON to stay! Wake up and get this organized and done before they strip us of everything out here.

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
    There was never an ECONOMIC REASON for the west to stay a part of Canada….now there is no MORAL REASON to stay! Wake up and get this organized and done before they strip us of everything out here.
    How can we do that when we cant get AB to lead us out. The economic destruction wrought by the Liberals is unprecedented yet here we still are with a wait it out strategy.

The days of podium scoldings are over but we cant seem to get any traction.

Comment

The first step will be to fire Mr. Kenney on April 9. This will not be easy as the ndp will be there to support him. For $100 anybody in the province can vote on Apr 9. I am note a UCP member but am considering it for this purpose. I voted for Kenny in 2019 and now voting to fire him. An obvious challenger will be Brian Jean who will be in the legislature by that time. Will have to see where he is at on independence. Once the ball is rolling, it will be interesting how to partition up the country. For instance does rural Ontario and Manitoba join us while leaving behind the cesspools of winnipeg and the gta.

Comment

AB has at least 4 political cruise missles that it could launch into confederation any time.

I suspect they want to give the cpc one last chance to pull out a win.

What ever happens will be at least 2 yrs off yet.

Next govt might be bloc cpc coalition.

Comment

These are some actions provinces have in their toolboxes to decouple from federal control.

1. Establish their own police force
          2. Establish their own pension plan
          3. Collect their own income taxes and send federal portion to Ottawa.
          4. Harmonize trade and interprovincial barriers between western provinces
          5. Set up a western block

These steps I feel give us our autonomy much like Quebec has. Once that is established the institutions are in place to leave. Needs to be a gradual methodical transition or we will suffer. I don’t think the will is truly there yet but western provinces just getting together and taking responsibility of everything they possibly can keeps the feds out of our way. Outside of that it will eventually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            AB has at least 4 political cruise missles that it could launch into confederation any time.

I suspect they want to give the cpc one last chance to pull out a win.

What ever happens will be at least 2 yrs off yet.

Next govt might be bloc cpc coalition.
            Yes!
            I trust a Québécor before a GD NDPer. Ontario Liberals and English MSN have demonized the Québécois for decades to scare English and hold onto power in GTA. Not much difference between a Rural Quebecer and Rural Sasky when you get over the language barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
              The first step will be to fire Mr. Kenney on April 9. This will not be easy as the ndp will be there to support him. For $100 anybody in the province can vote on Apr 9. I am note a UCP member but am considering it for this purpose. I voted for Kenny in 2019 and now voting to fire him. An obvious challenger will be Brian Jean who will be in the legislature by that time. Will have to see where he is at on independence. Once the ball is rolling, it will be interesting how to partition up the country. For instance does rural Ontario and Manitoba join us while leaving behind the cesspools of winnipeg and the gta.
              Draw a circle around the 416, 905, call it the Province of Toronto. Call the rest Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                Draw a circle around the 416, 905, call it the Province of Toronto. Call the rest Ontario.
                I cant understand the GTA.

I can understand the Maritimes, broken financially and no choice to vote Lib. I can understand Montreal with billions in equalization flowing in every year. That sure is a nice bridge Alberta built for them.

But I cant understand the GTA. Surely to god there has to be some people with values left in that city.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  These are some actions provinces have in their toolboxes to decouple from federal control.

These steps I feel give us our autonomy much like Quebec has. Once that is established the institutions are in place to leave. Needs to be a gradual methodical transition or we will suffer. I don’t think the will is truly there yet but western provinces just getting together and taking responsibility of everything they possibly can keeps the feds out of our way. Outside of that it will eventually happen.
                  This sounds exactly what the UCP is after and is trying to do and they felt in 2019 that Kenney is the man to follow through with that. What would have changed that has changed that?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

This has been in the planning stages for so long and the obvious first step. Mr Kenney was a CINO plant in order to prevent this from getting on. I was even fooled so he had good game. He governs from the right for long enough to get conservative support and then goes hard left until the conservatives are mad and then moves back to the right for a while. No excuses now. We must get this to happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      This has been in the planning stages for so long and the obvious first step. Mr Kenney was a CINO plant in order to prevent this from getting on. I was even fooled so he had good game. He governs from the right for long enough to get conservative support and then goes hard left until the conservatives are mad and then moves back to the right for a while. No excuses now. We must get this to happen now.
                      Yes and Sask too. I’m Sask so I’m critical of our leadership for not pursuing that but you Alberta guys with that stiffed shirt moron for premier I feel sorry. He’s an idiot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FMAa4j8VcAEQdWp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	773133.

Comment

https://globalnews.ca/news/8621125/canadian-anti-hate-network-concerned-diagolon-coutts-border-protest-diagolon/

Anti-hate experts concerned about possible neo-fascist involvement at Alberta trucker convoy
                          By Paula Tran 770 CHQR
                          Posted February 15, 2022 8:50 pm
                          Updated February 16, 2022 1:15 pm

Anti-hate experts are raising concerns after a picture of weapons, ammunition and body armour seized at the border protest at Coutts, Alta. showed patches belonging to a neo-nazi group in Canada.

The Canadian Anti-Hate Network tweeted on Monday that gear seized by police at Coutts includes a plate carrier with Diagolon patches. According to the network, Diagolon is an accelerationist movement that believes a revolution is inevitable and necessary to collapse the current government system. It wants to build its ideal nation-state, which runs diagonally from Alaska through the western provinces down to Florida.

It is also a neo-fascist militia with a sizeable support base across the country, said the network.

“A lot of them claim to be ex-military members and a lot of them claim to have some kind of military training. There’s very much a militia kind of vibe within the network and there have been lots of talks of weapons,” said Elizabeth Simons, the Canadian Anti-Hate Network’s deputy director.
                          Story continues below advertisement

The tweet comes after Alberta RCMP arrested 13 people and seized weapons and ammunition near the Coutts border blockade on Monday.

The RCMP said they recently became aware of a small organized group within those involved in the larger Coutts border protest. It’s believed the group arrived within days of the initial group of protestors arriving at the border.

“The group was said to have a willingness to use force against the police if any attempts were made to disrupt the blockade,” RCMP said in a news release on Monday.
                          Click to play video: 'Weapons and ammunition seized at border blockade in Coutts, Alberta'
                          2:45 Weapons and ammunition seized at border blockade in Coutts, Alberta
                          Weapons and ammunition seized at border blockade in Coutts, Alberta

“This resulted in an immediate and complex investigation to determine the extent of the threat and criminal organization.”

Diagolon’s potential involvement in the Coutts border protest should be taken seriously, said Simons. Its de facto leader Jeremy MacKenzie was arrested in Nova Scotia on firearms charges on Feb. 3.

“There is certainly a history of concerning behaviour, escalating behaviour, as well as hate. This is a very anti-Semitic group. It’s rife with neo-Nazis,” said Simons.

Read more: 4 charged with conspiracy to murder after raid on Coutts blockade

“This is a network of people with strong organizational skills. The inclination to meet offline is always concerning and a precursor to any kind of action.”

Others are also sounding the alarm. Kelly Sundberg, an associate professor at Mount Royal University’s economics and justice department, said the seizure of firearms and weapons at the Coutts border crossing should be a red flag for every politician in the country.

“I have no doubt that they would have been used. I have no doubt that we would have seen bloodshed if the RCMP and law enforcement did not intervene,” he said.

Sundberg pointed to the rise of alt-right extremism in Canada, saying hate symbols such as swastikas are becoming a regular occurrence at protests across the country.

“The narratives that are common in the United States’ political sphere have now transcended and moved across the borders into Canada. We’re seeing a lot of misinformation, crazy conspiracy theories and politicking coming into play,” said Sundberg.

Sundberg also said divisive politics are to blame, referencing the way the Liberal Party and Conservative Party point fingers at each other in Parliament and have politicized the COVID-19 pandemic. According to Sundberg, both parties are contributing to a “toxic political environment”, creating two major echo chambers with no room for compromise.

“There’s the instant default to reject or counter the other side’s thoughts and ideas, even if they’re good ideas… It’s like little kids fighting. It’s really embarrassing,” said Sundberg.

“It’s time for politicians to act like adults and to understand that they need to have everyone’s interests at hand.”

When asked if Canadians should be more concerned about the anti-mandate protests, Sundberg agreed. He said conspiracy theories and alt-right extremism are eroding democracy in the U.S. and Canada.

“If we allow the loud, obnoxious, aggressive behaviour to overtake democracy, then we’re in trouble. It’s very terrifying. I’m very worried,” said Sundberg.

But those involved in the Coutts border protest maintain that the movement is peaceful.

On Tuesday morning, protestors made the decision to leave the Coutts border crossing, saying they wanted the protest to be peaceful and wanted to distance themselves from any groups with links to potential violence.

“We made the decision to peacefully leave on our terms after the events that came to light with some of the participants of this protest having firearms and protective equipment stored in another location in this community,” said protest organizer Marco Van Huigenbos.

“Our message has been one of peace, peaceful protest and to keep that message strong we felt the best decision was to move out.”

Tuesday evening RCMP Chief Supt. Trevor Daroux, Officer-in-Charge of the Southern Alberta District, said investigations into the group arrested on weapons and conspiracy to murder charges as well as the rest of the protesters are ongoing.

Any connections to extremist groups were part of that investigation, he said.

“These are all avenues that we will be looking at and looking at them from several angles.”

“We know that there are certain groups who will try and infiltrate other protests or demonstrations in order to further their cause in a situation like that isn’t uncommon,” Daroux said. “Where this becomes concerning is the serious public safety issues that this presented.”

He said that faction of the protest became known to the RCMP “a few days into the demonstration protest.”

–with files from Heather Yourex-West, Lauren Pullen and Adam Toy, Global News

Comment

So fictional map scribbling is a terrorist activity now? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              [ATTACH]10184[/ATTACH].
                              So I see we have posters on Agrisilly openly supporting Diagolon?

Yes, the Diagolon cell of terrorists who showed up at the Coutts border crossing with guns and a lot of ammo and a plan to kill cops? You really want to support them?

Now how smart are you to post this on a public forum and appear to be a supporter of a violent far right neo-fascist terrorist group?

Congratulations! You just put yourself on a RCMP watch list and could face investigation and possible charges and frozen bank accounts.
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 20, 2022, 09:10.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...