• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friggin DEF

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friggin DEF

Nephew borrowed my tractor for chores his DEF system packed it in again and they winched his tractor on the truck again. While I hauled beans to town he calls me and says just as he returned my tractor it flashed a SCR code . Could be fun latter this morning -30 but hey the sun is shinning ! How many guys have ( nutted- deleated ) there loader tractors ?

Under warranty the def stays. Once its off warranty it gets deleted. Its a ticking time bomb….

Comment

You cow calf operators sure earn your money.

Problem is it's not near what it should be.

I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

Comment

We deleted our 165 Puma..
        The Red guys delete all new tractors/combines before it leaves their yard..no warranty issues..

Comment

During seeding last spring I took a 30 mile back roads trip and noticed 3 or 4 John Deere's with their hoods up and booster cables connected that morning.

Comment

As a guy considering a newer chore/haying tractor upcoming, what years did they switch over to DEF, so I can start shopping accordingly? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              We deleted our 165 Puma..
              The Red guys delete all new tractors/combines before it leaves their yard..no warranty issues..
              The main red guys? interesting warranty just about shot ,135 maxium will have to go under the knife.

Comment

From my point of view, after the 5 year emissions warranty is done, it would be something I would immediately do. Did my Case combine last fall, I can’t see the downside.

Comment

Delete kits are more and more common and accepted. When some parts of the world can buy new equipment with out DEF and others are forced into it, something is wrong. Some units are real hard on DEF and a kit pays for itself pretty fast. Every area seems to have a local guy who sells installs the kits. I heard there is a shortage of DEF coming. I have heard of guys buying tanker loads of DEF for use as liquid nitrogen as it is 32-0-0

Comment

We did the egr,def & Dpf delete on a 15 Kenworth with an ISX 15L after two consecutive def pump failures.

Now I’m hearing from some mechanics that the egr delete is causing issues due to restrictions on coolant flow through egr cooler. The engine runs hotter then it’s supposed to.

Rebuilds are happening at the 350k mile mark. Anyone else experienced issues with tier 4 final cummins deletes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                      As a guy considering a newer chore/haying tractor upcoming, what years did they switch over to DEF, so I can start shopping accordingly? Thanks.
                      BUMP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        BUMP!!!
                        interesting question
                        what I found

also

talks about changing the egr because loosing coolant... look inside when he opens it up!

Comment

Originally posted by workboots View Post
                          Now I’m hearing from some mechanics that the egr delete is causing issues due to restrictions on coolant flow through egr cooler. The engine runs hotter then it’s supposed to.
                          You need to find a new mechanic pronto if he is doing your deletes. The motors are overheating because the EGR valve is what cools your engine by recycling exhaust gas back into the engine and limiting combustion. Getting rid of the EGR puts too much pure oxygen into the engine and it gets more combustion and hotter temperatures than it was designed for and overheats. Hotter temperatures shorten engine life.

Google RAWZE and read up on it all.

Comment

Use the guys that type into vehicle computer rather than a ad on box..
                            Cheaper...makes more sense to me...
                            All that is needed is vehicle serial number..

Comment

A neighborhood farmer with big versatile went and cracked a cylinder head on his near new QSX.
                              Same outfit did his delete.

We asked this mechanic months ago about the oil temp running hot. He reassured that it was fine said they all do that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...