• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Prices .... WOW!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trucks vs rail

Trucks employ a gazillion more people, and everyone pays.

Comment

I can’t believe what we are leaving for future generations. Our resource-rich hinterland could be a gravy train of riches if it hadn’t been highjacked by woke idiots. Now it’s in a dysfunctional state beseeched by disintegration into some hungry, cold unknown. So sad!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        I want to say this.

Had this country's leadership over the last few decades had any vision of the rail network , we might not be having this conversation today.

While I realize not every branch line could be saved, it sure seems stupid that in a time of increased and diversified commodity production , we had leadership that bought into making our product movement more complicated and expensive.

As an example , as much as I bitch about irrigation, at the time the project was being built that meant more production , the rail line serving the project area was torn out.

Now increased production is trucked a minimum of an hour to the nearest elevator.

That's just stupid.

Wouldn't Larry Weber be able to explain the history on why this all took place, and the main players who were mapping out our future?

Bucket do you not remember hearing, it was going to benefit the producer in the long run?

Comment

I don't like the Carbon tax but even if it was removed the price of anything would not go down. Look at Alberta they took the road tax off at the pumps the pump price jumped 13cents the day it was announced and has risen weekly since. There has been no reduction in any transportation costs what so ever. I don't think we have a shortage or a supply and demand problem.

Comment

Gasoline prices in AB did decline after the road tax was removed. We were able to fill at 1.42 in the Edmonton region at the begging of April. Seasonally fuel price move higher until the end of May and then start to decline. Local pump prices were around 1.52 but lately have jumped to around 1.60 for gas. Never know what marked diesel is until the statement arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
              Gasoline prices in AB did decline after the road tax was removed. We were able to fill at 1.42 in the Edmonton region at the begging of April. Seasonally fuel price move higher until the end of May and then start to decline. Local pump prices were around 1.52 but lately have jumped to around 1.60 for gas. Never know what marked diesel is until the statement arrives.
              In Olds they day that Kenney announced the tax was going to come off the first of March gas prices jumped over 10 cents. I know because I went a fueled up immediately as soon as he announced it thinking it would. 1 station had increased within minutes the rest by the next morning. Yes it did go down March 1st but the savings was already absorbed by the gas companies. It has gone up ever since $163.9 here today at Shell. Not sure what diesel is at pumps but is always higher.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                I don't like the Carbon tax but even if it was removed the price of anything would not go down. Look at Alberta they took the road tax off at the pumps the pump price jumped 13cents the day it was announced and has risen weekly since. There has been no reduction in any transportation costs what so ever. I don't think we have a shortage or a supply and demand problem.
                Why is oil over $100 per barrel than?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                  Wouldn't Larry Weber be able to explain the history on why this all took place, and the main players who were mapping out our future?

Bucket do you not remember hearing, it was going to benefit the producer in the long run?
                  Yes , I do remember how this branch line abandonment would help farmers , so they said.

Sad part is everyone that said it , is retired or dead . The costs have been downloaded to farmers with some farmer reps still cheering it.

The bottom line is the rail line consolidation created the trucking industry. Now do the math on emissions.

As opposed to really having a rail network that would have serviced the country's increased production and reduced emissions.

Sadly no one has learnt a phucking thing from this misstep in Canada.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...