• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good job boys, ya pissed off the elephant.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job boys, ya pissed off the elephant.

Background: Debbie's late husband John was the architect congressman of legislation in 1975 to ban exports of US oil to make America more energy secure. Could Debbie do the same with auto parts and vehicle manufacturing to secure US jobs?

--------

Michigan Democrat Debbie Dingell mused about possible consequences from days of blockages at the top binational checkpoint caused by truckers' opposition to COVID-19 vaccine mandates in Canada.

She said it took longer than it could have to reopen the Ambassador Bridge between Windsor, Ont., and Detroit, and she cited Canada's reluctance to arrest protesters.

When asked if this episode makes her question the wisdom of relying on imports from Canada, Dingell replied: "I'm going to be very blunt: It does."

"We cannot let ourselves be held hostage to these kinds of situations," she said. "If this is going to become a new and regular situation, we've got to bring our supply chain back home. We can't count on this bilateral relationship we have."

No one woke up the elephant, he was already rampaging. This process is happening regardless. Started under trump, really accelerated under Biden. Eastern Canada will be nothing but dead weight going forward.
    The only Canadian industries the US is interested in are the resource extraction industries.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      The only Canadian industries the US is interested in are the resource extraction industries.
      And the northern grain belt cause climate change and population growth will mean all Canadian food exports go to the US and Mexico.

You can see those north south links for raw resources already being forged.

Auto sector is probably already eyeing a move to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        And the northern grain belt cause climate change and population growth will mean all Canadian food exports go to the US and Mexico.

So you wanted the blockade, but not the consequences.

You won't take the vaccine, but also don't want the consequence.

You won't protest, but rather just hide, afraid of the consequence.

Seems there is a pattern there somewhere. It's called adolescence.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
          Seems there is a pattern there somewhere. It's called adolescence.
          You misread me sir or madame, I dont care about the Canadian auto sector.

It can go to zero for all I care. The manufacturing industry in this country was built off the stolen funds from NEP and equalization. Same as hydro.

I sit on trillions of resources that cant be moved or offshored.
          Last edited by jazz; Feb 15, 2022, 13:32.

Comment

You misread me sir or madame, I dont care about the Canadian auto sector.

It can go to zero for all I care.

I sit on trillions of resources that cant be moved or offshored.
            It will go to zero. We need to detach ourselves before that happens.

Arguing with people with no grasp of such fundamental inevitable patterns proves to be very futile.

Comment

What is funny about this is that there are people who still believe that the opinion of some dumbocrap lawmaker is somehow relevant to the grand scheme of things or that the auto industry in ontario contributes at all to the GDP of the country. The reason that those jobs are even there is that the government steals western wealth to provide health care for eastern workers in order to bring their cost to be competitive with workers in the northern US. Then you add the amount that was spent on incentives to get those plants built in the first place, you will find that there presence is a net drain on the economy. As others have noted, you could easily move those jobs to the southern states or Mexico in a heart beat. The only thing Canada has going for it is copious quantities of fossil fuel in western Canada. All other sectors of the Canadian economy are just a joke for the most part. Still many have to learn that lesson.

Comment

You forgot about the new green economy?
                Arn't we going to build solar panels. Or at least set up Chinese built ones.
                And the windmills.
                And the batterys
                And the EV's
                Sell carbon credits.
                Just need some subsidies to get it all started.
                And some subsidies to retrain all autoworkers
                And oilfield workers.
                And the consumers of all of the above.

Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Two of our sons have made a pretty nice business out of building PLCs.

Their biggest jobs to date were 2 massive control panel systems that Cooper Standard shipped to Mexico.

When they went down to supervise the install, one of the best impressions they came away with was the thrifty and industrious attitude displayed by the Mexican workers. The local tradesmen did the work of bending and installing conduit, pulling wires. Photos of the pipe layouts and installs showed perfect bends and symmetry - all done with hand tools. No nice Greenlee power stuff down there.

And their wages - about 5 - 10% of Canadians.

After their last day on the job, they took a number of their co-workers from the plant out for a huge meal at a really nice eatery where the platters of food just kept on coming. The cost was like pocket change to my son, but was a week's wages for the local laborer.

This was 3 years ago.

The flight to economic safety is nothing new. What the Sock Puppet has done is expose the vulnerability and fragility of an economic system when it falls into in the grip of a government made up of fools.

All the Prime Moron had to do was follow the science and cancel the mandates, just like other Western nations have done.

But no, he had to let his ego relentlessly crush our society in every quarter.

Comment

Arguing with people with no grasp of such fundamental inevitable patterns proves to be very futile.
                    Not always, sir, not always.

I am very pleased to see my grandchildren develop amazing abilities in that regard as they encounter gnarly problems that require skills development.

Of course, if you're seeing this problem in biological adults, then that's a bigger challenge. Perhaps even shown to be insurmountable.

Where this shows up as acutely damaging is when people possessed of such disabilities are found in positions of influence - they are incapable of constructive exchanges or dialogue...

Comment

The closing down of the USA/Canada auto industry is a foregone conclusion. The USA has no need for Canada to be involved in this industry, other than to provide raw products ( which is what Canada has). Our tax system in Canada is killing all investment in Canada and now with “Wartimes Measures Act” in place the average American now sees nothing but Venezuela to the North. Talking to friends in the USA and they can’t believe our government would threaten to use its armed forces against its own citizens!!
                      For myself I could care less if my truck is built in Canada, USA, or Mexico!!!

Comment

Would be interesting to know:
                        - how many companies have relocated to the USA while skippy was driving?
                        - how many jobs?

Comment

None of this matters to me if the new world order takes over as planned by 2030. There will be no borders and most people will not own a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            You forgot about the new green economy?
                            Arn't we going to build solar panels. Or at least set up Chinese built ones.
                            And the windmills.
                            And the batterys
                            And the EV's
                            Sell carbon credits.
                            Just need some subsidies to get it all started.
                            And some subsidies to retrain all autoworkers
                            And oilfield workers.
                            And the consumers of all of the above.

Nothing to worry about.
                            Build Back Better according to Uncle Klause

Comment

No one woke up the elephant, he was already rampaging. This process is happening regardless. Started under trump, really accelerated under Biden. Eastern Canada will be nothing but dead weight going forward.
                              Well , as a person who lives in SK. , this doesn't bother me. The way this country has been run since 2015 makes me think this country is too big to have under the same flag at times, and if line 5 would shut down , then maybe eastern Canada would start feeling some loooonnngggg overdue pain for a change.

Time to play some hardball with equalization payment as well. Regardless of legislation. Find a way to do it and make the trudeau liberals pay.

I love using justins name without capital letters. He doesn't deserve them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...