• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

economic costs of protest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Perhaps the CDN and US governments can fix the stupidity of the Truckers 'Hours of Service' logs... that over-regulation is costing everyone much more than the few short shifts [at the auto plants] that have been the result of the Jan 15/22 vaccine mandate on truckers... Both US and Canadian Governments saw this coming since they forced these stupid policies/vaccine mandates on our supply chains and economy themselves.

Touting a Nobel Laurate"s paper... is about as helpful as reading our 'musings' here on Agriville...these 'losses' are 'academic vegetation', foreseeable reactions, confirming the clear warnings of chaos expressed [by multiple industries] soon after the vaccine mandates on cross border truckers were announced.

Ignorance is Bliss, this entire fiasco was entirely preventable... and predictable... what was the reason for doing this... THAT SHOULD INSTEAD BE OUR CONSIDERED QUESTION...

WHAT SCRIPT AND SCHEEME ARE TRUDEAU and BIDEN FOLLOWING... ?

The IPCC, Cop26, WEF, Pandemic economic transformation of global credit and currency systems...the genetic manipulation of the human immune system... the vast sums of human experiments completed... is astounding to comprehend... Dr Fauci, WHO, the CHINESE Government... all knew or should have known... that all this transformation of our civilization would occur.

Cheers, the WEF script is being followed... these civil rights demonstrations were entirely predictable... no surprises here... 'Revelations' being fulfilled [to a T being crossed... and i being dotted]...from prophecies that were revealed to humanity almost 2000 years ago.

Go to ProphecyUSA.org ...'The Hour That Changes Everything'...

This reveals the time lines and script Trudeau and Biden are following. That is If you actually care to know...

God Bless Canada!!!
    P.S. ProphecyUSA is broadcast at 11:30am -12 MST today on Vision channel... for anyone interested or curious to see for themselves...

or

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
      Nobel Laurate"s Paper claiming "freedom" convoy has done as much damage to Canada already as BLM did in the US. And you guys are cheering it on?

https://t.co/HnvypjoUEh

Quote from paper to take note of: "What this comparison suggests, of course, is that the Canadian protests, which only involved a few thousand people, may have done as much economic damage as the BLM protests, which
      involved more than 15 million people. That’s not as peculiar as it sounds, because vandalism
      was incidental to BLM while it was the whole point of the “Freedom Convoy,” whose explicit
      aim was to cause economic damage."
      There are various ways you could look at this Dml. Apparently the trucking demonstrators have been very efficient, a few thousand people got more results than 15 million. After the last election the federal Liberals were very proud of how many seats they got from such a low popular support. How is that working for them now? Personally I don’t agree with the blocking of the borders. I also thought the trucker vaccine mandate after 2 years was absolutely moronic. Until vaccine mandates are lifted I doubt we will have an end to demonstrations!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        What happened to all the law and order and pro business conservatives? Apparently they have lost their principles.

You gotta love truckers who block other truckers from doing their job and yelling freedom at the same time.

If your argument against vaccines and covid measures isn't convincing enough to be heard without causing economic damage and hardship on everyone else, then your message isn't credible.

The vast majority of Canadians have chosen to be vaccinated and follow covid measures to reduce the impact of the pandemic and protect our healthcare system.

Now I know that doesn't matter to a small group of self centered individualists who are only interested in themselves and don't care what happens to others, but they are a small minority.
        says the guy who marched in a BLM protest? lol

Comment

How are the "economic losses" being measured? Is it the same as "losses" that large banking institutions often claim? If they project a $4 billion dollar profit, but then only make $2 billion, that means a $2 billion loss. I don't know what accounting courses they took, but that's still considered a profit. Not making what you wanted to make is different than a loss, or are there accountants here who can explain how my farm can claim a billion dollar loss while still making a profit? I might have to give different numbers the next time Stats Can calls.

Our government didn't seem to care how many small businesses went under when they were shut down for too much of the past two years, or had stipulations which made it difficult to make ends meet when allowed to be open. A couple weeks of inconvenience to large corporations is a big deal, but small business owners are supposed to happily go broke.

I don't have enough information available to me, or perhaps I lack enough experience in life, to truly give an educated opinion regarding whether or not the border protests are good or bad. I can see pros and cons, and am at a loss as to the proper course of action. Thankfully, nobody is coming to my farm to ask me what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post

I don't have enough information available to me, or perhaps I lack enough experience in life, to truly give an educated opinion regarding whether or not the border protests are good or bad. I can see pros and cons, and am at a loss as to the proper course of action. Thankfully, nobody is coming to my farm to ask me what to do.
            But if someone did come to our farms to ask us what to do, anyone with an iota of common Sense or any experience negotiating anything, could at least figure out what not to do to inflame the situation into a Country-Wide revolt, as our current leaders have very successfully done.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              Nobel Laurate"s Paper claiming "freedom" convoy has done as much damage to Canada already as BLM did in the US.
              I'm sure Trudeau and has dope smoking Cabinet, have already decided to give hundreds of millions, maybe even billions of taxpayer dollars to Ottawa, and businesses along Wellington, just because they decided to close their stores and didn't sell some beavertails or pour some Ol' Fashions.(It'll placate the Liberal NPCs and buy votes in the future)

Spark St. shops would have made a fortune if they would've stayed open.

(maybe some did, I don't know for sure, I just know that the Media isn't curious about the success of any business that stayed open to reap profit from those protesting),

(BTW, if a shop owner were to sell items or any given item to protesters, would that be considered abiding the protesters?)

Comment

Aw, dml. Can you show us on the doll where the jerry can touched you?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...