• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Eastern Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Eastern Canada

It was refreshing to see Quebec, Ontario, and Maritime truckers and protesters out in full force the last while.

Seen a poll breaking down trucker protest support by province, age, and vaccine status. I was very proud to see the young people are most in support. People 65 and older need a good ass kicking as they were the lowest support by far. Western Canada support was real high as expected, but support from Quebec residents was almost as high as western Canada.

I have often been critical of how it seems that Western Canada goes unnoticed by politicians and transfer payments support Quebec more than any other province. After the poll and watching the trucker protest, I feel that Quebec and Western Canada have a lot in common. Both areas feel like the Government is not listening to them at all and because of it both areas have more anti government sentiment than the other areas of Canada that the government “seems to only listen to”.

Quebec seems to get more than Western Canada simply because it has more people and more political seats.

I didn’t realize how similar the people in these 2 areas are in the way the residents think. Good eye opener for me.

Perhaps it has been the Federal Government playing west vs east all along.

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
    It was refreshing to see Quebec, Ontario, and Maritime truckers and protesters out in full force the last while.

Seen a poll breaking down trucker protest support by province, age, and vaccine status. I was very proud to see the young people are most in support. People 65 and older need a good ass kicking as they were the lowest support by far. Western Canada support was real high as expected, but support from Quebec residents was almost as high as western Canada.

I have often been critical of how it seems that Western Canada goes unnoticed by politicians and transfer payments support Quebec more than any other province. After the poll and watching the trucker protest, I feel that Quebec and Western Canada have a lot in common. Both areas feel like the Government is not listening to them at all and because of it both areas have more anti government sentiment than the other areas of Canada that the government “seems to only listen to”.

Quebec seems to get more than Western Canada simply because it has more people and more political seats.

I didn’t realize how similar the people in these 2 areas are in the way the residents think. Good eye opener for me.

Perhaps it has been the Federal Government playing west vs east all along.
    I wouldn't go this far. Quebec is all about me me me me me take take take take. Look at the facts. 50 years of taking. The are their own nation.
    The way that asshole said he was going to tax the unvaccinated has raised the Quebecers anger. How could they feel the government does not listen to them?(other then covid mandates).

Comment

The fact that the Quebec govt was going to tax the unvaxed and it incited a big revolt shows there is a real division inside of Quebec that is not getting listened to, just the rest of Canada. We are more similar than you realize.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...