• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ontario State Of Emergency

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set up an effective perimeter. Starve them out. It's worked for centuries.

Comment

Truckers, don’t move. Ford is a Conservative Goat who quacks like a Liberal duck. Beware the bait and switch artists.

Comment

Restrictions will be lifted . Dates set. How will the peace loving demonstrators act. Or are they just a bunch of anarchists.

Comment

Originally posted by jensend View Post
          Set up an effective perimeter. Starve them out. It's worked for centuries.

I liked this post because you were eluding to setting up a perimeter around Ottawa. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            And no jail time will ever be served. I mean if you can committ murder in canada and be out in time for your next birthday, I doubt our legal system scares anyone.

If I was the govt I would be worried about the vaccine class action coming their way.
            Im surprised that those on here that do so much research, no one posted that in France anyone blocking a highway is subject to fines, and up to a two year prison term.Guess you are no different than the media. For the record, I've wanted mandates to be lifted for the last two weeks already. Also as far as no fines being paid, you do realize that depending on the severity of the fine and how it is written, the cities, municipalities, and provinces have the right to pass them on to your federal income tax. Start paying interest on those by refusing to pay them, interest piles up in a hurry. I know, most on here do not believe that tho.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              I liked this post because you were eluding to setting up a perimeter around Ottawa. 👍
              Wasn't 'eluding' to anything. Maybe you're a military strategist; I'm not but I would think they start with a large area and move in to shrink the isolated area. As I said, worked for centuries. I doubt the clown protestors have a foolproof master strategy.

Comment

Wasn't 'eluding' to anything. Maybe you're a military strategist; I'm not but I would think they start with a large area and move in to shrink the isolated area. As I said, worked for centuries. I doubt the clown protestors have a foolproof master strategy.
                I wouldn’t count on the protesters having no strategy or contingencies. Believe it if you want but Trudeau took it upon himself to do so and now he runs out of parliament mid session.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  I wouldn’t count on the protesters having no strategy or contingencies. Believe it if you want but Trudeau took it upon himself to do so and now he runs out of parliament mid session.
                  I'm sure they have a strategy and it has been effective so far. How do you measure their success from this point on? If they don't gain popular support as time goes on I think they're wasting their time. Largely successful in getting some covid mandates relaxed. More trucks on the weekend just means more people already supporting the movement joining the party. IMHO Ford gained support this morning for the upcoming provincial election.

Comment

Looks like that post is lost on you.

The protestors already have a 3 ringed circle around the downtown core and support on the periphery. The police were outfoxed the first day.

Looks like they had some military experience from some of our fired RCMP and Military personnel.

Comment

Starve them out seems like a brilliant strategy.
                      Virtually the entire urban population exists within their comfortable cities because they are kept supplied by complicated, fragile, just in time delivery network using almost exlusively trucks.

So in an attempt to starve out a handful of very well supplied truck drivers within a location. Any other truck driver can show their solidarity by starving out an entire city. Randomly, anywhere in the country. Fuel trucks could refuse to deliver to one city, reefers to another, propane to another, dairy to another etc. Even if most truckers won't stand up in solidarity, all they/we need to do is set up selective blockades, turn back all fuel trucks only. Only need a few trucks or tractors to do so. There aren't enough police to ever control them all.

A conspiracy theorist friend of mine ( he literally lives this stuff), who I dismiss almost exclusively, once pointed out that all cities now have only a handful of entrances and exits, with cement walls (sound barriers) along either side, and no way around these few entrances. His theory was that this was to control the peoples entrance and exit when the time comes. This could just as easily be used by the people against the authorities. It wouldn't take very many pieces of equipment to completely blockade a large city.
                      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Feb 11, 2022, 13:57.

Comment

So A5 you are okay if protestors blockade whatever they want including cities to make a political statement costing the economy millions and billions and inconveniencing everyone else? Sounds like it.

Doug Ford did the right thing.

The province has more tools to stop this stupidity. Remove commercial truck licenses and insurance, ban drivers, seize trucks, levy huge fines and charge them with crimminal offences that will make their lives look easy before the blockades.

Comment

Didn't work when they broke up the USSR. The clown protesters there just came out in large numbers and made it clear they wern't going back to the communist system where individuals had no rights but were told it was for the benifit of the whole.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            The province has more tools to stop this stupidity. Remove commercial truck licenses and insurance, ban drivers, seize trucks, levy huge fines and charge them with crimminal offences that will make their lives look easy before the blockades.
                            Are you really this clueless chuck? You just dont get it. You think these guys are just going to slip back and start hauling again? They are done with Canada. A bunch of them were interviewed and if they lose this battle they are done, retiring and probably moving. Something we will all be considering after the sovereign default comes around.

I hear Roxham road is a free for all and desantis land isnt too far away.

Canada is toast after this dont you get that? Way past its prime, only downhill from here.
                            Last edited by jazz; Feb 12, 2022, 07:44.

Comment

So now its the police closing the roads.

It interesting that Toyota has to cut its annual output of vehicles because of a chip shortage. Seems that got missed in the MSM . I don't think a weekend off is going to really hurt them. Same with Gm.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                                There is a vote? I never heard about that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...