• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Conservatives reverse course on supporting trucker blockades, call for an end

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Conservatives reverse course on supporting trucker blockades, call for an end

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-conservatives-call-for-an-end-to-all-blockades-after-first/

Federal Conservatives reverse course on supporting trucker blockades, call for an end to all barricades

The federal Conservatives are reversing course and for the first time on Thursday called for the blockades to end, as the crisis at border crossings grew ever bigger with a third blockade now at a border crossing in Manitoba, in addition to those in Alberta and Ontario.

“I am asking you to take down the blockades,” Interim Conservative Leader Candice Bergen said in the House of Commons Thursday morning. “It’s time to remove the barricades and the trucks, for the sake of the economy.”

Before her election as interim leader, Ms. Bergen last week met with protesters blockading downtown Ottawa, calling them “passionate, patriotic and peaceful.” Since taking on her new post, she has called on Mr. Trudeau to extend an “olive branch” to the demonstrators and meet with them.

Oh Oh!

I guess the brainiacs in the CPC finally figured out that blockades at the border and in Ottawa and thousands of layoffs might not be good for the electoral chances in the next federal election in Ontario.

That must mean the CPC doesn't believe that the convoy of truckers are going to form government any time soon!

Where's Pierre Polievre and Andrew Scheer? Too busy getting their photographs at the border blockades?

What a mess. But the CPC finally came to their senses.

Comment

Probably the best move the cpc could make in this situation. Thought it was reckless for cpc members endorsing any of it to start with. Sure, I support peoples right to protest and this convoy is exposing the incompetence and deception of Trudeau and his cables but where it ends up is the unknown the conservatives do not want to be involved with if they hope to win an election. I liken it to hooking a runaway horse in a wagon race. He might make it out of the infield and win the race or he might bolt and crash you into the fence.

Comment

Yep chuck
        Too bad that narcissistic prick wouldn’t come to his senses
        Oh well they will punt him anyways

Comment

The best way to get rid of Trudeau is have a credible moderate centrist party that appeals to the whole country, not just alienated westerners and extremists sympathizers.

O'toole tried and now the CPC will likely swing back to the right and shrink their voter base.

Comment

If the LPC doesn’t remove him an election will
            And they will look like fools to Canada and the rest of the world

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              The best way to get rid of Trudeau is have a credible moderate centrist party that appeals to the whole country, not just alienated westerners and extremists sympathizers.

O'toole tried and now the CPC will likely swing back to the right and shrink their voter base.
              Trudeau is done
              Past tense
              Only people that don’t know it are you and him

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Trudeau is done
                Past tense
                Only people that don’t know it are you and him
                Oh tool was left, far left. Conservatives do best, when they are conservatives.

Liberals are alt left.

Comment

Good the border blockades aren’t helping and have taken over from the trucker sit in in Ottawa.

Skippy is the one who needs to be replaced by the liberals and start damage control.

Just a name for a little girl who hides and bullies others when the useless **** doesn’t get his way.

Cut the chord liberals it’s time to send him packing.

Have him fall on his sword as the bad Canadians hurt me and I have to take a stress brake to help my family wink at girl behind him in parliament and check in to a Psychiatric ward.

Liberals it’s all up to you? Chuck maybe phone they could use a hood liberal to persuade them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...