• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Olympics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Olympics

Not sure if anyone follows the Olympics, but the big air snowboarding last night was amazing to watch. Saskatchewan's Mark McMorris got bronze, but his run to me looked like it at least deserved silver if not gold. And Max Parrot from Quebec got gold who has just recovered from cancer, certainly a compelling story.

For the insomniacs out there you can watch the Olympics in real time all night, certainly better than watching the news and browsing the constant stream of covid and freeeedooom on the internet. Take mental break an watch our amazing athletes compete in China.

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
    Not sure if anyone follows the Olympics, but the big air snowboarding last night was amazing to watch. Saskatchewan's Mark McMorris got bronze, but his run to me looked like it at least deserved silver if not gold. And Max Parrot from Quebec got gold who has just recovered from cancer, certainly a compelling story.

For the insomniacs out there you can watch the Olympics in real time all night, certainly better than watching the news and browsing the constant stream of covid and freeeedooom on the internet. Take mental break an watch our amazing athletes compete in China.

Shouldn't this be in Rural Issues?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      Shouldn't this be in Rural Issues?
      Why do you have to be like you are, why aren't the dozen covid threads in Rural issues then. Like I said watch the Olympics and take a mental break.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post

So proud of Max and Mark. Max beating cancer and Mark recovering from his run in with a tree a few years ago that almost killed him.

So amazed at the ski jumping team winning bronze, they have no funding, and they can only practice at Whistler during the winter months. Calgary ski jump facility is closed.

Six metals in three days.

Go team Canada.

And congratulations to team Einarson for the 3peat performance at the Scotties.

Comment

The goaltender for Canada saved that win for the Women, out shot close to 2-1 Now on to the playoffs for the women.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
            The goaltender for Canada saved that win for the Women, out shot close to 2-1 Now on to the playoffs for the women.
            It would be humours if it weren't so pathetic... the Chinese judges calling back speed skating races to give themselves Gold Metals... in numerous events.

What an annoying mess these Olympics have turned into... the IOC should ban China from ever being a host country again.

Background:
            "INSIDERINSIDER
            Athletes are accusing Olympic refs of bias after several controversial penalties aided Chinese competitors
            Meredith Cash
            Mon, February 7, 2022, 6:41 PM
            Ren Ziwei of China celebrates with the national flag of China after winning gold.
            Ren Ziwei with the national flag of China after winning gold.REUTERS/Evgenia Novozhenina
            Accusations of bias by officials at the Beijing Olympics are cropping up just days into the Games.

Controversial penalties have benefitted Chinese athletes in several short-track speed-skating races.

South Korea's Kwak Yoon-gy questioned the outcomes "if it had been any other country than China."

Controversy is shrouding the short-track speed-skating competition in Beijing just a few days into this year's Winter Olympics.

Several questionable penalties in the sport have helped Chinese athletes advance or earn medals at the Games. And now, some are sounding alarm bells that bias among Olympic officials may be to blame.

ROC, right, and US, middle, athletes reacting to receiving penalties after finishing ahead of the pack in their mixed-team-relay semifinal.REUTERS/Evgenia Novozhenina

South Korea's Kwak Yoon-gy spoke out after Saturday's short-track speed-skating mixed team relay, which saw China survive a semifinal race only after the disqualification of the Russian Olympic Committee and the US — both of which finished ahead of the host nation. After a video review, the ROC earned a penalty for "causing obstruction," while the US was docked for "blocking."

China later won gold in the final.

"Looking at the way China won the gold medal, I felt bad that my younger teammates had to watch something like that," Kwak said via the Yonhap news agency, per Reuters. "I thought to myself, 'Is this really what winning a gold medal is all about?' Things all just felt very hollow."

Comment

Not watching, couldnt care less. Olympics in a genocidal totalitarian country. No thanks.

Comment

It makes one wish we were young again. Both Max and Mark beat the odds and show the world the resilience of the body if you have faith and drive. Mark is gold in our eyes. We’ve known their parents and grand-parents all our lives. Don and Cindy must be so proud. (We were farmers within a few miles of each other.)

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Not watching, couldnt care less. Olympics in a genocidal totalitarian country. No thanks.

Jazz, it does look like one has to evaluate staying in Canada. Time to pick up and move?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Jazz, it does look like one has to evaluate staying in Canada. Time to pick up and move?
                    I dont know yet. I imagine the next year or so will tell the tale. The economic damage will be laid bear and there will be another election and if Libs get a majority and we dont have a real fighter leading AB out of this, then I think she is done.

Comment

Geez even Australia winning a medal or two

Comment

No one is watching this, nobody cares, ratings are down 50%. Biased judging, corruption galore, censorship, venues built in front of abandoned nuke towers etc. Nobody wants to watch idiot commentary about it.

Superbowl will get more viewers in 2 hours than the olympics will get in 2 weeks.

Its pure garbage.

Comment

I hate to be a misanthropic troll but the ioc is one of the most corrupt sporting bodies in the world. Seems it is the dictatorships who go out of their way to win at all costs by cheating for glory of their baloney regime. The rest of the civilized world sees this bs for what it is. Could care less if it disappeared.

Comment

The most exciting event of the Olympics is about to begin.

Go Girls the entire country is behind you!

Comment

Nobody cares. Move it to rural issues.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...