• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation… raise interest rates to slow Inflation???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflation… raise interest rates to slow Inflation???

Just watching RFD TV closing markets…
    Increasing interest rates does not decrease inflation when oil today is over $90/barrel… talking now about 7 rate hikes…

Food price increases, shortages of energy, fertilizer, inputs, equipment, 2% increase in interest rates doubles interest payments, the very people who were hurt the most by the Pandemic… get double jeopardy… whilst Banks and Billionaires bank accounts Bulge!!!

4% increase in wages while inflation is rising 7.4%?

Lumber drops 30% in the last month… housing prices rising dramatically with big shortages while costs of house ownership about to double???

This can’t end well…

Facebook META lost $240 Billion in one day, the biggest loss by a US company EVER!!!

Comment

I heard some analysts saying the chicom TicTok has overtaken Facebook in popularity among the social media crowds and Facebook will continue to decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
        I heard some analysts saying the chicom TicTok has overtaken Facebook in popularity among the social media crowds and Facebook will continue to decline.
        They are saying on Bloomberg Zuckerberg lost 40$ Billion today, had a meeting with the employees… he had red eyes… blamed it on scratched corneas…

The Meta universe is not unfolding as he hoped!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
          For lack of better wording, Facebook may as well be called Boomerbook now.

My generation was the first to latch on. The one below me was quick to get going as well. The latest group of teens and young adults has a facebook profile now that is devoid of all things "social", if they have it at all. The vast majority of my generation has abandoned it, or at best uses it for a couple of the add on features like groups and marketplace.

Comment

Facebook has become a billboard. Way too much advertising. Ever heard the parable about the Golden Goose?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              For lack of better wording, Facebook may as well be called Boomerbook now.

My generation was the first to latch on. The one below me was quick to get going as well. The latest group of teens and young adults has a facebook profile now that is devoid of all things "social", if they have it at all. The vast majority of my generation has abandoned it, or at best uses it for a couple of the add on features like groups and marketplace.
              Once our mothers and grandparents started invading it you knew it’s time had come. I laughed at some young persons comments that Facebook was now just a bunch of boomers screaming into a void.

Comment

The Meta Universe fallout is just a warning shot . . . .

Many economic sectors at-risk. This is the ‘Everything Bubble’. Easy money times are gone.

Comment

The Emperor has no clothes. FB, bitcoin no real value.

Comment

Lumber prices starting to tumble just at the hint of rising mortgage rates. Down 30 percent stateside over past month. The sound of bubbles . . . .

Inflation will be corraled as its hits the debt-riddled consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                      The Meta Universe fallout is just a warning shot . . . .

Many economic sectors at-risk. This is the ‘Everything Bubble’. Easy money times are gone.
                      Talked to a friend last night he mentioned he'd made more of one trading account in January alone than he will make off a 200 head cow herd in 2022, (he has more than one trading account) Im thinking the easy money is still there you just gotta know when to have the balls to buy and the brains to keep your sell stops current. Cnq up 2.5 percent in the 12 minutes since the market opened.

Comment

mcfarms:

Thx... interesting point!

There is good reasons that over 95% of grain grown in western Canada is not covered by hedges in futures accounts.

With $50/t now the daily limit on canola... 'stops' are an interesting concept... but a farmer forward hedging grain not yet in the bin.... the risks of large margin calls are difficult to ignore... cash grain sales simplify marketing our farm production...

It is astoundingly easy to spend $50/t on futures hedging/options... any significant volume adds to out of pocket 'visible' "losses" on year end futures account statements... hindsight tends to skew most people into feeling guilty for these 'marketing' costs of sales on balance sheets on financial end of year statements...

Hedges with buyers of our grains are less costly by far in my experience... all losses on hedges hurt... while sales at above average prices for the year... are not easily noticed or appreciated!!!

In depth analysis show that average sales prices grain growers achieve are the same for cash sellers and those who use extensive hedge risk management strategies... cash grain sellers have higher income volatility.

The stress of daily hedge account margin monitoring and maintenance... is interesting and educational... requires dedication on a daily basis... and self discipline way above cash grain sellers...

A mix of direct hedges with grain buyers and cash sales has least marketing cost... and least stress!!!

Cheers

Comment

A friend mentioned to me countries have varying levels of inflation some way to much.

Western economies the same.

But as soon as a economic powerhouse country get super high even hyper can snowball before you know it 18 months.

Hey I’m no guru think Australia export 195 billion $ and import $187 billion.

Figures fudged a bit though. From years gone by.

Oil fields and oil production is bugger all.

Changes self reliant to a degree and export some oil to net importer of wacks the balance sheet skewwiff.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                            mcfarms:

Thx... interesting point!

There is good reasons that over 95% of grain grown in western Canada is not covered by hedges in futures accounts.

With $50/t now the daily limit on canola... 'stops' are an interesting concept... but a farmer forward hedging grain not yet in the bin.... the risks of large margin calls are difficult to ignore... cash grain sales simplify marketing our farm production...

It is astoundingly easy to spend $50/t on futures hedging/options... any significant volume adds to out of pocket 'visible' "losses" on year end futures account statements... hindsight tends to skew most people into feeling guilty for these 'marketing' costs of sales on balance sheets on financial end of year statements...

Hedges with buyers of our grains are less costly by far in my experience... all losses on hedges hurt... while sales at above average prices for the year... are not easily noticed or appreciated!!!

In depth analysis show that average sales prices grain growers achieve are the same for cash sellers and those who use extensive hedge risk management strategies... cash grain sellers have higher income volatility.

The stress of daily hedge account margin monitoring and maintenance... is interesting and educational... requires dedication on a daily basis... and self discipline way above cash grain sellers...

A mix of direct hedges with grain buyers and cash sales has least marketing cost... and least stress!!!

Cheers
                            Are you saying it is stressful and difficult for individual farmers to market their own grain? How enlightening, too bad you did not see it 20 years ago.

Comment

There was no stress at the c.w.b.... they weren't doing their job. Nice try aggie.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...