• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting ways to save money……..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDR View Post
    Can you buy selenium to mix in? Maybe you aren't in a deficient area?

And is the molasses the dry stuff, and assume its just for taste?
    Ya the molasses is granular and just to improve consumption. It’s pretty expensive so I’ve actually been cutting back on it and consumption is still about right.

The selenium is in the trace mineral salt that I use so that’s covered. Just gotta see about getting phosphorus for the breeding mineral. Haven’t looked into that yet…………. I can get straight Rumensin or Bovatec by the bag as well which I start adding before calving to control coccidiosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      I do shotgun shells. Got a rifle reloading manual for Christmas from the kids. Looking forward to it..
      Careful.
      For me next came the appetite for .5 or better MOA precision rifles, match grade pistols, hungry carbines and even a segue down everything historical including a Sharps and everything percussion. I can't buy factory long guns anymore lol. And good glass, Uffda! Oh well... Welcome to the club!

Comment

Electricity is the least of my problems
        Seed treatment is snakeoil . Look around we have done fine with zero treatment.

Comment

In the old days
          Worn out socks became mittens
          Had only one bath a week, two if we picked stones all day
          Breakfast was toast with powdered milk.
          Oh and my dads hearing aid was on a party line

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
            During harvest I dump some diatomaceous earth in the first load and last load going into the bin. I buy the stuff for cows not the stuff the chemical companies sell for 10 times the price.
            Same here. Been doing that for ten years now with my grain at harvest.

My cost saving measure for my cow herd is feeding them square bales with my old 77 F150 4x4 feed truck. When you only have 60 cows you have a few more options. I do like rolling out round bales with my Kubota M108.

As far as the rest of the farm goes for saving money : Don't spend more than you make, and don't work for the machinery , grain , and chemical companies !

Comment

Variable costs important but fixed costs kill.
              One piece of advice would be to stay as far away from lawyers as possible.

The 3 Deadly D's.
              Death, Debt, Divorce.

Comment

I miss purple gas. Those were the days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...