• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground hog day!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground hog day!

Well Phill saw his shadow so 6 more weeks of winter.

Cameras from the farm show the storm the other night was strong but the wind was stronger and sent all the snow into the trees.

Big storm North of Florida to Texas.

See you all in spring

Every day is Ground hog day here lately a skiff of snow followed by 1000 mile a hour winds . Had to clear snow away from both sides of the bunks yesterday and put more straw out .......again ! Looks like not everybody from Saskatchewan is down south lots of Oil and Potash trains going past these days.

Comment

Clear sky Red Deer area ….minus 30

Comment

What a nasty winter this year! Sure anxious for spring melt.
        So much snow its a full time job trying to get it pushed out of the yard and running out of room to pile it.
        Crazy cold most days with howling winds.

I see your pics from the south on Twitter Saskfarmer and must admit I am a little envious!
        Enjoy your time in the land of the free.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
          What a nasty winter this year! Sure anxious for spring melt.
          So much snow its a full time job trying to get it pushed out of the yard and running out of room to pile it.
          Crazy cold most days with howling winds.

I see your pics from the south on Twitter Saskfarmer and must admit I am a little envious!
          Enjoy your time in the land of the free.
          I shovelled out gates yesterday. It was brutal. Like you say when there is nowhere hardly to put the snow and it snows and blows every few days, it gets concerning.

A friend of mine is having tractor troubles. With a herd to feed he’s a bit up against the wall. I plan to go help him today, but you know what it’s like trying to fix stuff at minus 34!

Comment

It’s been a nasty winter so far with above average snow, so far I’m wintering pretty good. Hope the weather smarten up soon for you guys.

Do you think Trudope will see his shadow today or hide for the next six weeks.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	B74A39C5-06AB-449E-B44A-EC4AAA18C6DC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	772308

Comment

Only 6 more great!

Comment

Just checked Regina Weather and its minus 33 with minus 44 windchill. No problem making iced tea on our steps today SF.

Comment

6 more weeks,Shure hope the snow plow operators don't come down with COVID.

Comment

God bless you livestock guys! You make awesome healthy nutritious product that helps keep the population strong during these cold winters and under the toughest of conditions.
                    My hats off for you!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                      God bless you livestock guys! You make awesome healthy nutritious product that helps keep the population strong during these cold winters and under the toughest of conditions.
                      My hats off for you!
                      Couldn’t agree more !

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                        Better yet, the propane delivery drivers in Eastern Canada, or the fuel truck drivers anywhere, or the linesmen, or the coal miners or the gas plant workers keeping the power plants running, imagine if they all coincidentally had a contact with a covid positive and had to disappear for a week or two all at the same time, maybe go and hide out, I mean quarantine in Ottawa with some like minded friends until the weather improves...

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                          It’s been a nasty winter so far with above average snow, so far I’m wintering pretty good. Hope the weather smarten up soon for you guys.

Do you think Trudope will see his shadow today or hide for the next six weeks.
                          [ATTACH]9902[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                            NO big deal, RM has a positive guy ridging fields, alone in his cab...

Comment

Treudau saw the shadow of a truck and lucky for us won't be coming out to do any damage for another 6 weeks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...