• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empty shelves at grocers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty shelves at grocers

I think we are on the edge or panic buying on most food products.
    I truly can't imagine what might happen if the shelves go empty as there are many people out there that don't have more than a few days supply at home.

The media and politicians are trying to minimize this as they realy can't do anything about it.
    If the shelves are empty I assume the warehouse is empty.

What do you see where you shop?

Galen Weston singing """Ka-ching" all day long.

I am sure this time they have bullet proof excuses for higher prices and their price fixing schemes.

phucking crook.

It just pisses me off when farmers are expected to help feed the neighbours cows through programs like hay west ,,,,and that phucking crook hikes prices.

Comment

Hes running that folksy ad campaign about you wrote we listened I so badly would love to see him say" ------ messages on twitter and asks are you still fixing the price on bread?"

Comment

A few days ago the checkout clerk at Safeway asked if we found everything - I replied no Corn Flakes. She said Kellogs have been on strike but it was recently settled so they should be getting the cereal aisle restocked soon.

Comment

It’s just sad how a government can take a perfectly good country like Canada with a balanced budget and well respected in the world and in 6 years turn into a laughing stock with untold deficits and grocery stores running low on food.
          When people used to say beware…….we are heading down Venezuela route I used to not believe them……….I’m starting to believe!!!!

Comment

Takes a fair while to get there.
            Have to print money till no one wants it.

Or make an economy that no longer functions.

Comment

Stores pretty well stocked here. Heard that Mr. Noodle ramen noodles were seeing some pretty national shortages, and noticed they were out of stock here.

Otherwise, pretty much normal. No restock on jalapeño stuffed olives from California, but I think I will survive a bit longer before I starve. Kelloggs cereals has been noticeably absent for months, but if you follow business news and knew about the strike, it was not a surprise.

If stores are out of something, it's usually just a day late on delivery. Really shows how fine-tuned grocers have their inventory managed for just in time delivery.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...