• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    Ever consider chains Woodland?
    Ran freight up to Lupin NWT Ecobay Mine on 400mi ice road [North of Yellowknife]... Interesting that Chains were not allowed! some fairly steep portages.. too

Cheers

Comment

Check out www.findoor.ca

Comment

I have said in other threads, build the shop ASAP, you are old in no time. It's always EXPENSIVE!

Enjoyed mine for 34 years, one of best investments one will make.

Comment

Originally posted by Len730 View Post
          Check out www.findoor.ca
          Interesting, anyone try these doors?

Can't be unheated if threshold frost heaves.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
            Ran freight up to Lupin NWT Ecobay Mine on 400mi ice road [North of Yellowknife]... Interesting that Chains were not allowed! some fairly steep portages.. too

Cheers
            I understand why chains weren't allowed in that circumstance.
            Farm loaders etc was my inquiry.

Comment

I understand why chains weren't allowed in that circumstance.
              Farm loaders etc was my inquiry.
              A couple of passes with a sharp bladed snow plow works too! ...too many frozen fingers, busted fittings!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                Don’t need a vapour barrier if you spray foam.
                Spend a dollar to save a dime? Plus it's less than ideal to put the vapour barrier on the outside of the wall rather than the inside.... that leads to condensation issues in the walls. Won't be as bad since it's 3" thick spray foam though.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  Nice looking heifers.
                  Should be ready for BBQ season.
                  Do you think some of those might get bred if it looks like there will be some grass?
                  Were you looking on TEAM? 😉

Well they’re headed to a feedlot at Brooks Tuesday morning so I think they’ll all be BBQ material this summer. We got a nice package of breds out of them but a lot less than expected due to lots of bull issues last summer. Oh well I guess at least calving will be a bit easier 😎

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    Woodland, I always admire your pictures, ambition and positive attitude, very refreshing.

Good thing your outfit didn't end up getting away on you.

As I recall, you had to travel quite a distance for that wagon, but I don't remember where?
                    Thanks for the kind words Burnt.

Family trip with just two kids for 4,000 miles to bring it home from Madison Wisconsin and check out some corn planters and sightseeing too. Definitely a fun working holiday. Can’t fit four kids in the crew cab so probably won’t happen for a while. Usually seems the good or odd equipment that we need is in different countries or time zones……….

Comment

Ever consider chains Woodland?
                      I’ve grown to despise those things. 😉

Used to use them all winter and could wear out a set a year. We used to put 10-20 road miles a day on them. You get good at jacking wheels and welding to build them up after chores.

Much cheaper and easier to run a bigger tractor with better tires and accept a few mishaps or smaller loads occasionally I find. Still have chains to fit every tractor on the place but no desire to use them.

Hills make life fun out here😎

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                        Spend a dollar to save a dime? Plus it's less than ideal to put the vapour barrier on the outside of the wall rather than the inside.... that leads to condensation issues in the walls. Won't be as bad since it's 3" thick spray foam though.
                        I used a cellulose insulation made by Weathershield in the ceiling and walls. 10mil vapour barrier inside wall, metal clad outside and in. I can heat my 1500 SF windowless shop to about 10C in -25C weather with a 1500W electric space heater. Not that I do, only use a space heater, but the regulator for the propane tank froze so I had no floor heat for a few days, really like that insulation. Also cheaper and very fire retardant.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                          I’ve grown to despise those things. 😉

Used to use them all winter and could wear out a set a year. We used to put 10-20 road miles a day on them. You get good at jacking wheels and welding to build them up after chores.

Much cheaper and easier to run a bigger tractor with better tires and accept a few mishaps or smaller loads occasionally I find. Still have chains to fit every tractor on the place but no desire to use them.

Hills make life fun out here😎
                          I'm a big fan of tire chains. Some years have as many as 3 tractors with chains. Trucks while hauling manure or dirt, grain augers with movers, even the wheel rake gets a tire chains to keep it from sliding sideways.
                          How did your covid experiment go? Every one recovered?

Comment

With the Addition, the shop now is 4500 Sq ft and still could be bigger. We use radiant heat plus have a blower for backup as one time we were gone for a week and the light went on the radiant the shop was cool when we got back but no water froze. Walls are packed with insulation in the old shop and the roof is blown in. The coolest place to be in summer. The new has the new foam insulation vapor plus we added R22 for sound and warmth and it's cheap.

Build when you can in your farming carrier because you will never regret it the only thing you will regret is not going bigger at the beginning.

Ours is 24 years old the main one.

Comment

Ok so my question to all you shop guys is this, put up a pole shed and then cement or pour the pad and build on the pad??? One company says build the pole shed and pour after. Thoughts are appreciated.

Comment

We hauled in 20 (19 yds) loads of fill
                                Goodon built 48’x60’ x18’ pole shed shop totally finished with 26’ bifold in 4 days
                                They left 16 ‘ overhead door and blown in insulation in attic for a local contractor , whom they paid
                                Soon as that door was on we got floor poured
                                Better this way cause you can control environment for drying cement
                                We let cement go right to outside treated 2”x8” bottom strap (which also has a styrofoam strip on inside of strapping, and also pounded 6” spikes a couple inches into treated poles on three sides thinkin it would help keep poles and cement the same height ? Poles are in 5’ , she’s tough ground here
                                Very happy with everything 4.5 yrs later

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...