• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewable diesel, canola-crushing plant to be built in Regina

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewable diesel, canola-crushing plant to be built in Regina

REGINA — Federated Co-operatives Ltd. has announced a plan for a new complex that will include a renewable diesel facility and a canola-crushing plant.

The projected $2-billion Integrated Agriculture Complex is to be built in north Regina near the company’s Co-op refinery and in partnership with global pulse-processor and supplier AGT Foods.

The province says the project is expected to create more than 2,500 construction jobs and 150 permanent operating jobs.

All the other projects are standalone by the other exporters who have receiving relationships with farmers, coop needed a company with farmer contacts.

The problem i see going forward is there will be little to no export incentive by current exporters to export canola anymore. The current exporters will be now motivated to buy or hold domestic prices lower so they can reap (****) the benefits of processing with massive margins. Might not be a issue in years of surplus production, but if stocks look to be tight the exporters will buy first to fill the crush plant capacity first then export any surplus. Processing margins ( need to pay for the facility) will always be higher than export margins.

Quote from newsletter
    “ the futures market is pricing canola at levels that are relatively underpriced when compared with European values. The spread between nearby European ****seed contracts and ICE canola widened to Cdn $122.71/tonne...premium EU ****seed. When the spread between the two canola contracts moves above the $100/tonne level, ICE canola becomes extremely undervalued.“

Need a “farmers - coop partnership” where farmers can participate directly in the profits. It makes the most sense but scares the shit out of the big guys who would lobby against that kind of unfair non-sense

Comment

Meal!

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
        All the other projects are standalone by the other exporters who have receiving relationships with farmers, coop needed a company with farmer contacts.

The problem i see going forward is there will be little to no export incentive by current exporters to export canola anymore. The current exporters will be now motivated to buy or hold domestic prices lower so they can reap (****) the benefits of processing with massive margins. Might not be a issue in years of surplus production, but if stocks look to be tight the exporters will buy first to fill the crush plant capacity first then export any surplus. Processing margins ( need to pay for the facility) will always be higher than export margins.

Quote from newsletter
        “ the futures market is pricing canola at levels that are relatively underpriced when compared with European values. The spread between nearby European ****seed contracts and ICE canola widened to Cdn $122.71/tonne...premium EU ****seed. When the spread between the two canola contracts moves above the $100/tonne level, ICE canola becomes extremely undervalued.“

Need a “farmers - coop partnership” where farmers can participate directly in the profits. It makes the most sense but scares the shit out of the big guys who would lobby against that kind of unfair non-sense
        How recent is that newsletter? I assumed we were highest price in the world due to the drought.

Comment

Cracked diesel blended with biodiesel.

Our energy industry is literally a trillion times smarter than Trudeau.

Now someone needs to add a carbon cap system in as well.

Comment

This morning newsletter.

Partnership is 51% - 49% Agt drops lentil prices to fund its 1 billion dollar commitments of a 2 billion dollar project?

Comment

Might as well call it a export tax or tariff on whole canola seed,
              Japan should be pissed, and will focus on Australia Mallee

Comment

US will need 40 million new acres of bean before 2030 to meet biofuel demand on current mandates led by California.
                Started last yr I think and increases to the total 40 million in 2030.

Iowa currently grows 9.5 million acres so about 1/2 that in increased production each yr for next 8 yrs to a total of 4x Iowa production.
                Brazil grows about 99 mil acres

Big bets on government mandates?
                Last edited by shtferbrains; Jan 17, 2022, 14:03.

Comment

No crying yet food vs fuel, yet. High food prices, starvation etc

This is very good for ag, just as ethanol was good for corn and rural USA

Indigenous consultations?

Comment

The theory makes about as much sense to me as the wood pellets being carbon neutral.

It's the only way they can make heavy transports and trains etc fit the narrative. Farm tractors and construction equipment also I guess.

Comment

Last time I checked no real solar powered tractors.

Trudeau is grasping at straws with his dream.

It will fit g do or the next 70years till someone figures it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Last time I checked no real solar powered tractors.
                        What about these solar powered tractors?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	772211
                        As soon as the subsidies get high enough, I heard that Chuck will be replacing his Cockshutt with a pair of these solar powered tractors.
                        With sincerest apologies to any bona fide Farmers using cockshutts, myself included

Comment

Pretty surprised by the AGT part for a variety of reasons

Comment

If it ever gets built I bet it will never run at nameplate

Comment

Someone at FCL got caught phucking a sheep and AGT has the pictures and videos.

Those guys are government tit suckers.

Remember the durum plant?

And the churchill rail line they were supposed to fix that is now offline for 2 years for repairs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...