• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    My relates were teachers. And owned farmland.
    Strong NDP until retirement.
    Strong conservatives after. More con than the Cons actually.
    My sister a teacher was a card carrying Conservative before getting her first teacher job. I suggested that wouldn't be acceptable if she wanted a job as an ATA member. Laughed at me. Guess what eventually happened?

Comment

Originally posted by jwab

Therefore my reasoning to have a separate business and public sector vote.
      Now here is something we can both agree on.

Somehow business needs to have a voice in democracy proportionate to their contribution. It's a dead end road when the Chuck's of the world have more influence than the businesses that provide the jobs and tax revenues and products and services.
      We get upset about lobbyists and political donations, but what other voice do they have? When Chuck's vote counts the same as that of the most hardworking business owner or tax paying employee. There has to be a better system.
      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 16, 2022, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        My sister a teacher was a card carrying Conservative before getting her first teacher job. I suggested that wouldn't be acceptable if she wanted a job as an ATA member. Laughed at me. Guess what eventually happened?
        Friend of mine is semi-proud of his Doctorate daughter, a teacher and Vice Principle. She applied for the job of Principle but was dismayed that the woke agenda she so strongly supported gave preference to a candidate from a visible minority.

When she and her mother took her 4 year old son to peruse a museum for native artifacts, the tour included a steady narrative of promoting the culture of anyone but people with fair skin colour.

After hearing it for a while, the 4-yr-old piped up with a question of his own - "When we do all that, does that mean we will be black?".

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Now here is something we can both agree on.

Somehow It's a dead end road when the Chuck's of the world have more influence than the businesses that provide the jobs and tax revenues and products and services.
          We get upset about lobbyists and political donations, but what other voice do they have? When Chuck's vote counts the same as that of the most hardworking business owner or tax paying employee. There has to be a better system.
          "business needs to have a voice in democracy proportionate to their contribution." HUH?

That's another far out in right field fringe idea from our libertarian friends. Businesses, the super rich and the elite should get more votes and more influence in our democratic elections? Seriously A5?

So A5 you want the agribusiness sector to have more influence over your farm? LOL

Not many of your fellow posters on Agrisilly, who are constantly complaining about the agribusiness sector ripping them off would agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            "business needs to have a voice in democracy proportionate to their contribution." HUH?

That's another far out in right field fringe idea from our libertarian friends. Businesses, the super rich and the elite should get more votes and more influence in our democratic elections? Seriously A5?

So A5 you want the agribusiness sector to have more influence over your farm? LOL

Not many of your fellow posters on Agrisilly, who are constantly complaining about the agribusiness sector ripping them off would agree with you.
            Have you ever heard me constantly complaining about the agribusiness sector?

I only want less Chuckchucks having any influence over my farm. Have you read your NFU policies lately?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...