• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Awsome drive up to Saskatoon yesterday morning. Little foggy leaving Regina but once on-road it cleared out and just a nice early morning drive. I wonder how electric cars get to Davidson and then have to plug in and wait an hour just to do the trip last week. Progress. HAHAHA

The show was good very few people and the city of Saskatoon council and crying Ryan of the NDP were trying to shut the showdown. Covid spreader and all. Maybe it's time we do like Moe says and get on with our lives. I think it's time Florida is a prime example of it working so let's get skippy back to work show his faults and move on. The great Liberal experiment and lockdown are over.

Things this week are Ottawa says we will be out of fossil fuels in 8 years. Yea like that will happen. Does that also mean they will stop all oil tankers coming from Saudi entering the country?

Farming is changing and changing fast. Being pissed at your larger farmer neighbor is a joke and fighting between neighbors is a joke because the real enemy is the new Land investor and Wana be BTOs coming in from 100 miles away. They do nothing for the community at all and just **** with each area. Lose money and leave repeat.

It's time to fight back not fight amongst ourselves. 5000-acre farms make money and multiple family farms of 5000 each make money the BTOs don't it's a fact.

Also changing is the fight between City millennials and farms. It was oil first now it will be farming. We cant beat these over-educated stupid people. Why do I say over-educated they are indoctrinated at universities that are showing them one side and not showing the other. So let's give them what they want because they see TV or Video and think it's real. Let's let them believe because they still need food to survive. Yes, they are a weak sick lazy group but all we have to do is do what they are doing it's rather a simple process. I have changed my tune and I think it's the only way to win with this group. They would starve in 21 days without us on their own. We just have to make them see we have a plan that fits their wants.

Farming we need more banks to come on side and venture capital and gov to help us do new things. Right now Canadian banks will rather borrow a fool in Toronto 2 mill for a shit hole condo with zero value than a farm with hard assets.

We need Farm groups with real ideas not getting paid to attend meetings to discuss nothing that affects real farmers.

We need more Women in Ag and even get a few foreigners to step in not just own the land.

We need a good safety net when shit hits the fan.

Carbon credit scheme is a Ponzi scheme then Liberals want to control and give all the money to them and have farmers take all responsibility and risk.

Finally, it is good to be home for a few weeks weather turned nice thanks for that. Hauling grain and taking delivery of fertilizer and still searching for a Cat D& high track.

Have a great week to bad Brandon Ag Days is canceled or delayed but Ag in Motion will be on in July.

Snow day coming maybe but snow really isn't much its just nice to Ski and Sled on.

Oh new Fendt Sprayer is kind of Cool

It should be a crime to be educated beyond one’s intelligence!

Comment

Lots of people at home sick with covid so no matter whether there are lockdowns or not, people are off work and there is a shortage of workers to do lots of jobs.

Sasky you really are an idiot calling all university educated people stupid.

Are you calling all your fellow farming bretheren with a degree or diploma stupid too?

What about the doctors and nurses who treated you when you were sick last year? Stupid?

If you wanna see stupid look in the mirror.

Comment

It’s about common sense chuck. For most, not all, so don’t even go there, the more degrees you have, the common sense lowers a notch or ten.

Same goes for each generation removed from rural, common sense slips about eighteen notches.

Comment

Lots of people missing and waiting on elective surgery and suffering . Hospital beds are very busy with covid patients. The majority of which are still unvaccinated.

The burden of covid illness is causing disruption in most countries with a prediction that almost everyone will be infected in the coming months which will cause continuing disruption.

I don't care if you want to stay unvaccinated and take care of yourself at home, but when your bad decisions cause other people to be denied healthcare to those who have acted responsibly, then you have gone to far.

Effectively you are taking away other peoples freedom and access to timely healthcare.

Comment

Did you just post that Chuck or is that a paste from about 3 mo ago?

Nobody but you is singing that old tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              It’s about common sense chuck. For most, not all, so don’t even go there, the more degrees you have, the common sense lowers a notch or ten.

Same goes for each generation removed from rural, common sense slips about eighteen notches.
              Couldn't have put it any better Sheepwheat.

We had a neighbor who was a farmer , a good one at that , had a degree from university , book smart like no other. Common sense(lack of) at times would makes you want to cry your eyes out in amazement. However , putting that aside he was a great neighbor , and he is missed .

As far as over educated VS undereducated people , I think what our dear friend Chuck doesn't get is the fact that we have a country FULL of people who don't have a god damn clue as to where their food comes from , who grows it , who does all of the hard work to get it to market , and think that the CBC and CTV are telling them the gospel truth about everything every single f###ng day!

Along with that statement is the fact we have ONE province who has elected and re-elected one of the most ill equipped leaders and his "gender neutral" band of fools who don't know ( or don't really care?) about the fact that they are strangling to death the sectors of this country that are actually paying the bills. That entire Liberal cabinet has people with varying degrees , or diplomas and degrees , and they screw shit up every day , day in day out , and nobody for some mysterious reason seems to be upset out in Ontario for how stupid Justin and his clowns are?

Bottom line: Just because you have more degrees than a thermometer doesn't mean you are educated and smarter than everybody else in the room.

Maybe if this country was run with some "dirt farmers arithmetic " we would have a country we are proud of , instead of ashamed of.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                Couldn't have put it any better Sheepwheat.

We had a neighbor who was a farmer , a good one at that , had a degree from university , book smart like no other. Common sense(lack of) at times would makes you want to cry your eyes out in amazement. However , putting that aside he was a great neighbor , and he is missed .

As far as over educated VS undereducated people , I think what our dear friend Chuck doesn't get is the fact that we have a country FULL of people who don't have a god damn clue as to where their food comes from , who grows it , who does all of the hard work to get it to market , and think that the CBC and CTV are telling them the gospel truth about everything every single f###ng day!

Along with that statement is the fact we have ONE province who has elected and re-elected one of the most ill equipped leaders and his "gender neutral" band of fools who don't know ( or don't really care?) about the fact that they are strangling to death the sectors of this country that are actually paying the bills. That entire Liberal cabinet has people with varying degrees , or diplomas and degrees , and they screw shit up every day , day in day out , and nobody for some mysterious reason seems to be upset out in Ontario for how stupid Justin and his clowns are?

Bottom line: Just because you have more degrees than a thermometer doesn't mean you are educated and smarter than everybody else in the room.

Maybe if this country was run with some "dirt farmers arithmetic " we would have a country we are proud of , instead of ashamed of.
                Needs to be repeated.

Clearest example of poorly-equipped person in a prominent position is Steven Guilbault, minister of environment.

His biggest claim to fame is his criminal record earned by rappelling up the CN tower as an act of environmental protest.

We all suffer from and lament his climbing skills.

Imagine - a portfolio run by a convicted criminal.

Comment

Here we go again, lets bash all the non rural Canadians who are educated who also have common sense.

Also let's lump all Millennials into one group as well.

Thanks SK and Sheep, your positive posts should pay dividends on non farmer views of Agriculture.
                  Last edited by foragefarmer; Jan 13, 2022, 10:55.

Comment

I did like the new Seed Master drill , interesting set up

Comment

Oh how the haters are out today I love it.

Yes boys and girls lots i our cities have multiple degrees but guess what most wouldn’t last 21 days if the shit really hit the fan.

Todays university education for most degrees is a joke compared to years ago.

But my point was we have to work with this group or we will be destroyed by them.

Covid what ever let’s move on and live.

Chuck I scored higher than you because I can think for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Here we go again, lets bash all the non rural Canadians who are educated who also have common sense.

Also let's lump all Millennials into one group as well.

Thanks SK and Sheep, your positive posts should pay dividends on non farmer views of Agriculture.
                        Did you read my post? I think you missed some words there. Try again.

Comment

Regarding the Saskatoon farm show, I went and it sure was nice to get out. I had a chance to do some business with some exhibitors face to face and it sure beats doing it over the phone. There is something to be said to see acquaintances for the first time in a couple years. Didn't mind shaking their hand either. There was lots of sanitizer dispensers and everyone was masked. Took a quick test before and after going. Its a pretty easy thing to do. There was several companies that did pull out but the majority were there. The Minot ag expo is on the end of the month and I'm hoping to get there too.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            Did you just post that Chuck or is that a paste from about 3 mo ago?

Nobody but you is singing that old tune.
                            Sounds like he just picked up where he left off back when he was the king of Covid posts.

Because the science is settled, and everything worth knowing is already known, nothing has changed since then of course.

Comment

Loading grain. 15min then 15 min to town then one hour sitting repeat.

Chuck it’s math in this example.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...