• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry chuck, I thought you might still remember a few days ago when we were discussing Canada's legislation to cut CO2 by 40% by 2030.
    For example
    In July, Canada formally committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 40 to 45 per cent below 2005 levels by 2030

But it still isn't good enough for the extreme left:
    The federal NDP and Green Party of Canada, who had pushed Trudeau to adopt a target of at least 50 and 60 per cent, respectively, slammed Thursday’s announcement as underwhelming.
    Can we scale up hydro in time for that?
    Considering that they just started strategic consultation at the end of 2021, on how to plan to get there.
    Or this their 2030 plan massively impossible too?
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 7, 2022, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Sorry chuck, I thought you might still remember a few days ago when we were discussing Canada's legislation to cut CO2 by 40% by 2030.
      For example
      In July, Canada formally committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 40 to 45 per cent below 2005 levels by 2030

But it still isn't good enough for the extreme left:
      The federal NDP and Green Party of Canada, who had pushed Trudeau to adopt a target of at least 50 and 60 per cent, respectively, slammed Thursday’s announcement as underwhelming.
      Can we scale up hydro in time for that?
      Considering that they just started strategic consultation at the end of 2021, on how to plan to get there.
      Or this their 2030 plan massively impossible too?
      But you still think we dont need to do anything? All the premiers have climate action plans as well. Kenney and Moe have their own carbon taxes and plans to reduce emissions. So do you consider them left wingers too? LOL
      Last edited by chuckChuck; Jan 7, 2022, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        But you still think we dont need to do anything? All the premiers have climate action plans as well. Kenney and Moe have their own carbon taxes and plans to reduce emissions. So do you consider them left wingers too? LOL
        So Chuck on your cut and paste the first thing mentioned as a solution to get to net zero is renewables. I carefully researched what it would take to replace natural gas with solar and you called me a bullshitter and then you post an article that pushes renewables as a solution. So please tell me again how what I posted was incorrect or in your words bullshit?!?!

Comment

But you still think we dont need to do anything?
          Nice deflection when you were proven wrong. It doesn't matter what I think, does it. Our politicians elected by other parts of the country made the decision for me.
          And with less than 8 years left to go, they have barely even started consulting about how to go about it.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 7, 2022, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            So Chuck on your cut and paste the first thing mentioned as a solution to get to net zero is renewables. I carefully researched what it would take to replace natural gas with solar and you called me a bullshitter and then you post an article that pushes renewables as a solution. So please tell me again how what I posted was incorrect or in your words bullshit?!?!
            Because you try to bullshit us that I said we are going to use only solar to replace all other energy sources. Why waste our time with such crap.

Even after I have said we are going to use all of the sources that are often mentioned except for coal. In your backyard they are building renewables and have a plan to reduce emissions in multiple ways.

Comment

Nice deflection when you were proven wrong. It doesn't matter what I think, does it. Our politicians elected by other parts of the country made the decision for me.
              And with less than 8 years left to go, they have barely even started consulting about how to go about it.
              Answer the question. You don't think excess greenhouse gases are a problem. Correct?

Saskpower and Alberta utilities already have a plan to cut emissions like every other province. The plan is underway but you wont admit it. Coal is done, gas is replacing coal with half the emissions. CCS is in the works. Renewables are well underway. So what's your excuse now?

Comment

Because you try to bullshit us that I said we are going to use only solar to replace all other energy sources. Why waste our time with such crap.

Even after I have said we are going to use all of the sources that are often mentioned except for coal. In your backyard they are building renewables and have a plan to reduce emissions in multiple ways.
                All the sources except coal? Did you see the graph I posted earlier ? the amount of coal generated electricity in the world absolutely dwarfs everything else. And somehow we will go from that, to everything except coal in such a short period of time?

Comment

Answer the question. You don't think excess greenhouse gases are a problem. Correct?

Saskpower and Alberta utilities already have a plan to cut emissions like every other province. The plan is underway but you wont admit it. Coal is done, gas is replacing coal with half the emissions. CCS is in the works. Renewables are well underway. So what's your excuse now?
                  You really need to keep your story straight. Integrity farmer was on here a few days ago contradicting everything you say, and telling us that natural gas is even worse than coal.
                  Personally, I am very happy to see our landlocked gas which is often simply a byproduct of oil, being put to good use instead of being flared. Save the coal for a rainy day.

Comment

China uses MORE coal in a day than Canada ever has in a year!

I for one think NOTHING needs to be done, Nothing will make any difference in the earth as a whole, and any change is too expensive to be feasible!

Be happy, LIVE, it's a short life, lots more important stuff, don't need the stress of useless ineffective CHANGE!

Comment

All the sources except coal? Did you see the graph I posted earlier ? the amount of coal generated electricity in the world absolutely dwarfs everything else. And somehow we will go from that, to everything except coal in such a short period of time?
                      In Alberta and Saskatchewan yes.

Comment

In Alberta and Saskatchewan yes.

You are deflecting again Chuck. We've been through this discussion over and over again.
                        But if you want to go through it again,
                        First you will have to define greenhouse gas then you need to define excess.
                        And in order to answer those two questions you are going to have to answer the questions I have been asking of you for the past few years regarding climate sensitivity to CO2 etc.

Comment

Yup we know you don't think human caused climate change is a real or a problem or excess greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are an issue.

A real bonafide climate change science denier.

Comment

You really need to keep your story straight. Integrity farmer was on here a few days ago contradicting everything you say, and telling us that natural gas is even worse than coal.
                            Personally, I am very happy to see our landlocked gas which is often simply a byproduct of oil, being put to good use instead of being flared. Save the coal for a rainy day.
                            The production of natural gas is a big problem when there is so much methane leaking from facilities. That is why the governments and industry are working on a plan to reduce methane emmisions from the oil and gas industry.

But when it is used for electricity efficiently it has about 50% less CO2 emissions than coal. That's why Alberta is shifting to gas from coal.

Comment

Hmmm, I don’t recall saying that you said we are only going to use solar. In fact in rereading the post that I made responding to Furrow in which I detailed the size of solar system required to replace the natural gas and electricity on my farm with solar your name wasn’t even mentioned. I did mention Steven Guilbeault’s name and I stand by that. As I have said before Greenpeace certainly believes renewables are the only path as does the Green Party of Canada. As for you while you are a fan of renewables you seem to constantly mention a more diversified suite of generation sources are required. That is good to see. But why do you refuse to comment on my solar system calculations instead attacking me for something I never said?!

Comment

China uses 4.2 BILLION tons of coal.
                                They have 41 new coal plants planed to start in the near future.
                                They have ONE new plant just starting now that produces 1/2 of all Canadian coal plants.

We are sinking CO2 for them.
                                Thier economy will leap ahead.
                                We will be Venezuela.
                                Last edited by shtferbrains; Jan 7, 2022, 19:18.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...