• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a Latte ( with sprinkles )

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Latte ( with sprinkles )

Was having a coffee while looking out the kitchen window after dinner when all hell broke loose. Don't know if a cat rabbit squirrel something spooked one of the wet nose pens. 6 calves got pushed through the feed bunk and into alley. Off course they ran down the alley getting the next pen fired up and running circles . Mad dash to basement for work cloths and clear out pen before rest head to town. A few dollars poorer replacing broken planks but got everything back to normal. Wonder if anybody would have been hurt if feed bunk was all steel and there was no give.

Never a dull moment when you have cattle.

They seem to be trouble magnets.

Nothing like caffeine to settle the nerves!

Comment

Happy healthy contented bovines are always appreciated😎

A year ago we weaned in the field and hauled the calves to a yard 10 miles away. All went well. I met my brother there first thing the next morning to feed them and while we’re talking a ways from the pen they start circling. Next thing we hear fence posts and windbreak boards splintering like toothpicks. The rest of the day was spent coaxing them out of the corn and fixing the barb wire fences they went through after the prison break.

Never a dull day🍀

Comment

Woke up either Christmas or New years a couple years ago to cows all over the yard. Went to find what gate had opened itself(Because I've never been known to leave a gate open, so it has to be the gates fault). Instead, I found the gate and corner posts missing, and a few posts further down, 3 more posts broken wires broken and drug away, and 2 more places the same.

No idea what spooked them so bad that they just ran headlong into the nearest fence, all at once.

Such calm cows you couldn't rile them up if you tried.

Always much more fun fixing fence in the middle of winter, especially posts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...