• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas fires

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas fires

Not a peep in the media about the Kansas fires over 350000 acres burnt 100s of houses and buildings lost over a 1000 cattle burned big disaster over there.

All of the eco terrorists who want to ban glyphosate should be forced to go and stand i the middle of one of these dust storms.
    I realize that most of this area is already no till and using cover crops, and that this weather system overwhelmed even that, but much of the northern prairies could have been a dust bowl this past year if not for no-till and the technologies that have enabled this.

Comment

I saw lots of pic's on twitter of really rough or dead looking wheat from the dirt blast. We all know that winter wheat is tough and has 9 lives but unless they get a big dump of snow I would think this will be really hard to recover from. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Just horrible.

Hopefully will never have to go through something like that. The cows would be a tough loss as I don’t know anyone who runs insurance on them. I guess a foot or two of snow is good for something occasionally🍀

Comment

Absolutely wild photos and videos of the wall of dirt that got kicked up!

Comment

Wow , looks almost apocalyptic

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
              Not a peep in the media
              Stand by; initiating climate change scaremongering narrative in 3..2..1

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                The way this world is going, mad max would be a cakewalk….

Comment

Before panic strikes go watch the Dust Bowl documentary.
                  Reliving the 1930’s

Comment

That's horrible and yes odd I wouldn't have heard about it without this thread.

It is just a plain miracle that something big like that didnt happen on the canadian prairies this summer with all the wind and heat and dry conditions.

Comment

Modern farming practices is the only reason we never saw that here this summer. Practical thinking, desire to learn from the past and common sense is the reason why we are where we are at on the farm.

Toss out common sense and welcome to inflation, cultural unrest and “woke” idiotic policies and we are doomed to a complete melt down.

I got Spotify playing and lessoning to some suggestions my 20 year old son recommended, some darn good tunes… some not so good, the good ones are now on my play list, the crap is skipped… opened minded and life long learning I call that…

Still haven’t figured out the 27 different genders apparently we have now, old school stuff one XX and XY are required to create a life. Would I be considered practical or am I the problem with society?

Comment

Derailed the thread… ignore my previous post.

Farming practices, continuing innovation has allowed us to avoid a repeat of the dirty thirties dust storms.

We need to learn from history in order to not repeat it.

I don’t farm exactly as my father but I take heed when he speaks and states his opinion. Much the same as I need to have an open mind when the next generation brings forth ideas and innovation. That will allow my operation to move forward and adapt to the changing times.

Comment

"change with change or change will change you out"
                          "but learn from the past"
                          the thing i can't believe is that there were no large prairie fires here this summer/fall

Comment

Originally posted by RTK View Post
                            Derailed the thread… ignore my previous post.

Farming practices, continuing innovation has allowed us to avoid a repeat of the dirty thirties dust storms.

We need to learn from history in order to not repeat it.

I don’t farm exactly as my father but I take heed when he speaks and states his opinion. Much the same as I need to have an open mind when the next generation brings forth ideas and innovation. That will allow my operation to move forward and adapt to the changing times.
                            But there are those who just refuse to learn from the past, and as the saying goes, are doomed to repeat it. So many clueless people, some in positions of power, and some just trolling forums such as this, who want to take away the tools that have allowed us to not repeat the dustbowl years.
                            I hate to imagine what this summer would have looked like if not for the modern no till methods.

We discussed the plight of Gunsmoke farms in ND last spring when the large organic farm was in the news for the massive wind and dirt drifts erosion from tillage. I haven't seen any news since then, but considering the drought that most of ND experienced this year, I can't imagine it was pretty.
                            A huge organic farm that's backed by General Mills is facing accusations that it's doing more environmental harm than good. The project shows the difficulties of delivering on green promises.

And this is the model that we are expected to follow. This is the group that boldly claimed that they were going to show farmers how it is done. Throwing out decades of hard won experience and research to go back to what didn't work a century ago.

Comment

Over 32 miles E - W. This was the largest. There were others. Shortwave Infrared
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	fire Kansas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	772139

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...