• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agriculture espionage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agriculture espionage

RCMP National Security Enforcement Section arrested Yantai Gan a pulse crop researcher that worked for Agriculture Canada in Swift Current Saskatchewan and received his masters from the university of manitoba. RCMP investigation was over two years.

It is a big deal but because agriculture has fallen so far off this government's radar , its a non issue.

Comment

Do I need three guesses to figure out who the slimy benefactors of Canadian farmers research dollars were? If I thought we were engaged in the similar tactics it wouldn’t be so bad. But I’m guessing we are Boy Scouts in these matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
        Do I need three guesses to figure out who the slimy benefactors of Canadian farmers research dollars were? If I thought we were engaged in the similar tactics it wouldn’t be so bad. But I’m guessing we are Boy Scouts in these matters.
        There'd be no benefit from spying on the Chinese. The slimy lying bastards steal virtually all their technology so there's simply nothing to learn from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
          If the shoe was on the other foot this guy and his family wouldve been dead by now

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
            If the shoe was on the other foot this guy and his family wouldve been dead by now
            Yup, in Canada they will give him a slap on the wrist, maybe send him back. But the knowledge is either in his head already or on a disk already in China. Can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Throw in a little Huaweii conspiracy and most of our Canadian genetic secrets are long gone being developed somewhere else.

There is nothing stopping any country from buying grain and using it for seed anywhere in the world. There, the genetics are moved and where is our ROI on the government grants or checkoff funds that help pay for it?

This arrest just highlights how naive our boards are when they talk about R&D and its importance to Canadian farmers without putting protection on its value.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Yup, in Canada they will give him a slap on the wrist, maybe send him back. But the knowledge is either in his head already or on a disk already in China. Can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Throw in a little Huaweii conspiracy and most of our Canadian genetic secrets are long gone being developed somewhere else.

There is nothing stopping any country from buying grain and using it for seed anywhere in the world. There, the genetics are moved and where is our ROI on the government grants or checkoff funds that help pay for it?

This arrest just highlights how naive our boards are when they talk about R&D and its importance to Canadian farmers without putting protection on its value.
              Trudeau will likely spin this as a positive.

I can just see it now, “In the Canadian spirit of giving and sharing, we are happy to help our friends in other countries develop strategies to fight hunger” he would say with that smug smile as if he deserves a Pat on the back for it from his UN globalist friends

Comment

Are we sure this isn't all legal and fair trade under the FIPA agreement. What kind of info do you think G3 is sending home to Saudi Gov't about our AG industry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...