• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag committee in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag committee in Canada

So the ag committee that is to study ag related issues hasn't sat since June 17th 2021.

It was supposed to sit today for the enormous task of electing a chair.

It won't sit until the 16th of december as today's meeting was moved.

Parliament rises on the 17th.

There is a good chance that that committee will do sweet phuck all until February of 2022.

Meanwhile in the real world the hospitality industry has Bill C2 being in committee for the 9th meeting tonight and they are going to hand out 7.5 billion for a tourism and guest drought.

Was watching the meetings the other night and the one witness said hotels have costs that don't stop when no one is in the hotel. Lights, municipal taxes , heat, wages, maintenance, mortgage payments etc. Well no shit, sherlock and farmers don't?

How the phuck can agriculture,,,, considering the drought , the floods , the PEI potato fiasco etc ,,,,,fall so far on the list of things to do and its importance to the Canadian economy to not have any attention for 8 months???

How?

Anyone? Anyone? .......In Ben Stein's voice from Ferris Bueller movie.

As long as you always keep in the back of your mind, that all farmers in this country are disposable, you will do just fine in the long run. Play your cards close to your chest. If the drought worsens next year, do people really think that Agri-Recovery is going to be triggered again? I wouldn't doubt it would be the perfect excuse for the government to 'review and restructure' (aka gut and destroy) their agriculture support system. Maybe a little support for the very worst spots and nothing for anyone else.

It's the ones that think the world ends tomorrow if government decided to flip from inactive to hostile, when dealing with agriculture, that need to worry. I had one farmer tell me that every single person in the country would starve in 3 weeks, if there were no farmers in Canada. No, a lot of people in the developing world would starve as we outprice their food for our own use. Never see a shortage of lemons at the grocery store, and I sure don't see a huge lemon farming industry in this country. So many people already survive on soda and packaged noodles that it would blow your mind. Really pay attention to what is in every person's cart at the grocery store and you'll see a lot of trends that transcend several age categories.

The working poor in the cities have an equal vote as anyone else, and they far outnumber any other group. If they can't afford the Canadian product in the first place, do you think they care where it comes from?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...