• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Overpass Claims Another

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Overpass Claims Another

Hwy 16 overpass at Lloyd claims another. At least it’s only 1/2 mile to Inland Steel.

Tires still look good thou !!!

Comment

That will buff right out…
      Last edited by flea beetle; Dec 11, 2021, 18:19.

Comment

There is one at Prince Albert barely passes a van semi trailer that gets lots.

Now they have to close it and detour till engineering company comes out to certify it.

Lots of log loads level up there.

Comment

Does that say 5.1m in the top pic

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Hwy 16 overpass at Lloyd claims another. At least it’s only 1/2 mile to Inland Steel.
            What makes you think that Morris wasn’t headed there to begin with….

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
              What makes you think that Morris wasn’t headed there to begin with….
              Jewish lightning.
              Last edited by makar; Dec 11, 2021, 19:38.

Comment

Find out the insurance company and buy the wreck...sell the parts.

Comment

Here’s a 2011 one. This was a good one.

Comment

Been told they are finally fixing the one at Portage la Prairie , it's only been 1 lane for like 10 years or so. Just wondering how many guys add their equipment purchase to there ins. policy when they buy off farm or auction barn before they hook on and go home ?? NOT suggesting farm boys ever get into any kind of trouble hauling steel home

Comment

Those new pass-through welds look like they held up pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                        Been told they are finally fixing the one at Portage la Prairie , it's only been 1 lane for like 10 years or so. Just wondering how many guys add their equipment purchase to there ins. policy when they buy off farm or auction barn before they hook on and go home ?? NOT suggesting farm boys ever get into any kind of trouble hauling steel home
                        Hiring transport seems reasonably priced to me. Always a tire or wheel bearing. Properly insured. Traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Hiring transport seems reasonably priced to me. Always a tire or wheel bearing. Properly insured. Traffic.
                          What blows my mind... I think anything over 16' requires a permit even if you have an annual overheight permit. 5.1m is ~16-3/4' so either trucker didn't measure (his mistake), or the permit issuer didn't notify the trucker of any and all obstructions.

That said, I realize that $$$'s matter, but the trucking industry pisses me off on so many fronts. Everybody treats it like it's a generalized commodity, and the lowest dollar wins. What is the lowest dollar value including? If it comes in at $1/mi less than nearly everyone else why is that? I'll give credit to anyone that want's to find efficiencies and bust their ass to make sure they're the lowest $ bid, but it cannot come at the expense of safety, or for that matter adherence to regulations!

Couple examples...

Friend of mine got hired to haul 3 bourgault paralinks from the coutts/sweetgrass crossing to I think they were called "redearth farms"(the ones that went tits to the sky up around edmonton). He came highly recommended, but after the first drill was delivered, they baulked at the cost and said it was absolutely obscene that it took him two days to drag such a drill from point A to B. They fired him, and sent another company that said they could EASILY do it in a day. Well when they jumped the bridge deck north of brooks over a creek doing 60mph, busted the main frame of the drill, and sunk the shanks into the pavement, they closed a major highway for 10 hr's as it had to be cut apart with torches and angle grinders for scrap value.

2nd example: We bidded on a contract for 2 dozen loads out of climax/frontier area to feedlot alley in april(think spring weight season). We were right in the thick of it with 3 or 4 other major carriers as we had primary hauls of ammonium sulfate coming out of trail BC to southern saskatchewan, so we thought our rate was VERY competitive. Another company picked it up for roughly 2/3's of our (and most others) rate. We found another backhaul and I followed one of the "winning" bids onto the scale. Well i suppose you can make the rate they bid pay when you haul 68mT gross out over a highway hardly legal for 75% of that.

This is the kind of shit that needs to change!

Comment

Here we have the log trucks bumpin er up to about 80 MT with a stupid *** permit
                            How in the Christ does a permit help these thin pavement hiways
                            When the local mill shut down for a few years we had perfect hiways
                            Now they’re doing a major major expansion
                            Supposedly over a million yards of gravel alone goin over these poor hiways and haulin logs 2-3 hours
                            Taxpayer subsidizing forestry and highest lumber prices in history

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              Here we have the log trucks bumpin er up to about 80 MT with a stupid *** permit
                              How in the Christ does a permit help these thin pavement hiways
                              When the local mill shut down for a few years we had perfect hiways
                              Now they’re doing a major major expansion
                              Supposedly over a million yards of gravel alone goin over these poor hiways and haulin logs 2-3 hours
                              Taxpayer subsidizing forestry and highest lumber prices in history
                              I'm surprised log haulers can get an overweight permit since it's a divisible load.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...