• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In our area the Because of the shit show with the competition Bureau and Blairs supply it wasn't business as usual. So went to others but the supply wasn't a problem it was getting products to us every tank different price. So yea having a bunch of completion is nice but every time you lose one the shit show just gets worse. When you have been getting Anhydrous out of the same company or private since the 80s it's not easy to move and get the same treatment as before.

Hey, it's a tax write off I guess so well live with it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC7BFD19-B0DA-4B07-866A-404DD2D79E11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	772125

Just saying

Comment

Well I did it yesterday! I bent over and took it like a man and bought “some” fert. There’s some fields I’m not sure of yet. I’m hurting this morning from the pain I had to endure. This is abuse no matter which way look at it. Between dealing with grain thieves and these crooks, it’s not making this job any more fun.

I sure hope this is one yr thing ... my gut tells me this is going to be the new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
          Well I did it yesterday! I bent over and took it like a man and bought “some” fert. There’s some fields I’m not sure of yet. I’m hurting this morning from the pain I had to endure. This is abuse no matter which way look at it. Between dealing with grain thieves and these crooks, it’s not making this job any more fun.

I sure hope this is one yr thing ... my gut tells me this is going to be the new normal.
          I hope you got your prostate checked after, since you were prepped and stretched already.

Comment

It definitely is still been 7 days and it still hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post

In my area you have to add in neighbours trying to increase acres by offering higher cash rents, up to 25% higher. Must have a more creative calculator than me. My thought is when rents approach $150 or more an acre the landlord is going to make more money than the farmer!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                In my area you have to add in neighbours trying to increase acres by offering higher cash rents, up to 25% higher. Must have a more creative calculator than me. My thought is when rents approach $150 or more an acre the landlord is going to make more money than the farmer!
                The landlord always makes more than the renter.
                When you factor all the stress we go through there isn’t a number that could pay for that.

Comment

Made some field ridges, any one sorry they did this ?

Name:	ridge.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	772127

Name:	ridge 2.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	772128

Comment

You would get a lot of strange looks here.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Did you get that TJ Woodland?

Yes we did. It’s a T9050 so it’s a bit newer and has got an Iveco in it. I’m surprised how good the sight lines are from the cab. Slight upgrade from the old blade tractor 😉

Still going to use it as this is where iron comes to retire 😎

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post

[ATTACH]9359[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9360[/ATTACH]
                        Ma Nature put enough trees and hills out here to catch the snow. Only done this occasionally to stop snow from drifting across a driveway. Wide open fields I’ve never seen it done. Interesting how different things are done a ways away

Comment

I looked at a few things in that yard but not the power equipment.
                          Dealer here said nothing loved. Good luck. Good tractors for less than red.
                          Only a few parts exclusive.
                          I change the crank breather filter on my Ivecos well before the book. Depending on model, I have the dealer do it. Why is a long story.
                          One guy here windrows snow.
                          Entire fields.
                          His theory is it melts into the bare lanes and not run off into potholes.
                          But he is the only one and a little water nuts.

Comment

After a few hurricane winds, we are rolling enough that the lower areas have 2' deeper snow, higher spots blow off. Standing canola stubble 12", but cereal stubble only 6-8". Thinking drive around drop blade on higher places, maybe more snow would stay there...

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              I looked at a few things in that yard but not the power equipment.
                              Dealer here said nothing loved. Good luck. Good tractors for less than red.
                              Only a few parts exclusive.
                              I change the crank breather filter on my Ivecos well before the book. Depending on model, I have the dealer do it. Why is a long story.
                              One guy here windrows snow.
                              Entire fields.
                              His theory is it melts into the bare lanes and not run off into potholes.
                              But he is the only one and a little water nuts.
                              I would think that the beard off spots would be frozen so hard nothing would melt in. However it might make sense to make Windows following the contours of the land to try to dam the water in the spring maybe a little bit more could soak in before it runs into the sloughs. Except snow doesn't make a very effective dam.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post

[ATTACH]9359[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9360[/ATTACH]
                                Last winter I had a row of about 400 bales each in 2 different fields, used up by spring but left a window of snow where they were. Crop was better color and a foot taller where the row was. Distinctly visible right to fall. If your land is open and dry, no sense filling the ditches.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...