• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, another week in Ag and more **** ups.

This time it's the Christmas purchase of Anhydrous. Yes, some experts said they got all they needed and had all put down last fall. Good for you now shut the **** up. Most don't or got so little it's put on half or less of their acres. Canola Acres maybe got the rest didn't. For our area, it's worse since the Blairs sale didn't let our two main locations go to the Coop. Thanks to the Competition Bureau. Then They rejected Richardsons and finally just on Monday a company bought them. Yesterday we got the Christmas price and at 2400 a ton they can **** right off. Natural gas provided to those plants in Canada is still so cheap it's not even funny. This is not an open market it's a couple of companies ****ing the farmers.

I'm so pissed I don't know what to say. Paying early gives you a small discount but with gas, you just give them money 5 months before you need it. We did take a. higher amount of Granular fertilizer so our gas would be lower than last year and soil tests show some left but would have been happier with some more. This is ****ing highway robbery. But we were able to grow a crop so we have grain to cover the extra cost. But for all who got ****ed by mother nature this will put some over the edge and then if its dry again a whole lot of hurt will happen all thanks to bullshit from A few companies selling fertilizer.

Farmer's won't forget like the ****ing grain contracts with grain companies.

Finally do most get what I have been saying for years we are at the bottom of the food chain as farmers and all parasites take from what we give stop at the farm gate falling for the bullshit and all will be out of business. They don't care about the farmer so maybe it's time we start not giving a **** about them.

The best thing for the world would be to run out of food. Sorry, it's a bold statement but these **** wads need a lesson.

Trudeau will achieve his drop of Fertilizer use by 30% I would say it will be more like a 50% drop for the following reasons.
    1. Very little was applied across western Canada last fall. Some did one or two here or there but most didn't.
    2. Drought will affect guys buying power.
    3. Bankers will not give or double most farmers' lines of credit.
    4. BTOs are in the same boat instead of 2 mill extra maybe 20 mill investors get scared.
    5. Drought left lots in the ground check to 24 in down your roots go deeper than you think.
    6. Grain movement and grain prices. Farmers need now 15 wheat and 25 canola to make this payment and fall at
    12 wheat and 20 Canola.
    7. Snake oil will make a huge come back maybe even the exhaust into the soil system will be brought out of the bush.
    8. Think how will the world's poorest counties that grow grain buy at these prices so who is buying it is a joke.

So yea I feel better that's off my chest. A drought again next year with these prices a lot will not be around for 2023.

But what else is going up, we all know that glypos is triple priced to normal. It just has to be. We also know that Liberty is going to spank us 18 % min more thanks to were not sure what.

Wait until you get your new package of insurance from either private or Gov costs will double.

Oh wait fuel is way up but we're all going electric so don't worry.

Oh, we thought the equipment was high before, wait it's not even started.

Rent looks cheap at 100 acre now, doesn't it? You still need land to grow a crop.

2022 could be one of the most expensive years on record to grow no crop.

It's hard to be positive with all going on, heck even the most positive might have a hard time and need to phone the stress line because in reality that's all you have in Canada press one to talk to a robot or 2 wait and talk to an expert.

So the crop report.

Rail lines are open so that is good news.

Grain prices are bouncing up then way down then up a YO YOYO effect.

Farmers are cleaning up still but the last cold snap sort of shut down all outside work and guys are now fixing projects for the wife. or cleaning shops or meeting with Chem reps etc.

Some Crop insurance checks are arriving but some are taking longer than needed.

Hey with all the good news in Ag let's take a drink it's almost the weekend.

This week is really easy.

Go to any liquor store and buy an apple whiskey of any kind will do Crown Or Jack or whatever.

Fill a tall skinny glass right to the brim with ice.

Pour whiskey over the ice till 3/4 full, yes if it's really tough to the top then let it sit a bit and go find a good chair put your feet up find a great movie or show and sip for a few hours. Ah, enjoy.

Were down to the last few weeks of 2021 and Christmas is just around the corner. Some are gone some are back and some haven't left yet. Family and Christmas used to be a big thing before Covid and maybe it's time to take it all back one baby step at a time. We have three Christmases at our home my family my wife and then ours in Florida. Friends and family nothing better.

HAve a great week keep safe and heads up.

Merry Christmas

Should be home soon.

Comment

Good news the markets are helping make everything more expensive. They are down again.

Comment

Farm groups in the states are asking government to look into fertilizer pricing.

I guess our farm groups didn't get the memo.

Comment

USA farmers are worried about a 12% increase in Costs!

In Canada fertilizer has doubled

Some chemical is up 20% other 75%.

Insurance from hail to crop to private will double.

Yet farm groups in Canada are worried about their meetings and climate change.

Its a joke.

Comment

DEF fluid going up again grabbed some extra before my supplier could change his computer. Warmed up today son is brushing fenceline and I get to rewire watering bowel . Got a few things done in the house so I got Brownie points again...winning !!

Comment

Those house brownie points are good.

Guys are mostly parked here and working on other projects or even watching Zoom Meetings.

It's Rebate season so seeing lots of Reps, checks are tiny as the number of Fungicides wasn't applied.

Got my HD 11. Parts southern Manitoba on weekend nice drive no snow.

10 Days to go and it's south cant wait tree is up just waiting for me.

Family 5 days later.

Comment

Nice lookin’ ho!

Comment

Did one grain company zoom meeting this week and it will be the last......10 minutes of market analysis and an hour on their stupid app, got nothing out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                    Nice lookin’ ho!
                    Better watch how you say that!! 🤣🤣

Comment

Everything is going ass backwards ... and fast!!
                      For as much as I want fert prices to collapse I just don’t see it. I’m going to buy before yr end, not that I want to but what “if” we wait till spring and prices are even higher then we can get. At this point guys that bought in Sep don’t have any on farm yet.

Prices are far beyond regardless of commodity prices.
                      Wheat at $12 doesn’t buy much. Even canola at $22 isn’t much considering the poundage needed to grow a decent crop. It’s only Dec and farmers are worried already about what’s ahead for 22. Where is the excitement? We have no one on our side fighting for us. Farm groups are a complete joke!!

December is usually the slow month for most everything. Commodity prices seem to falling everyday, wheat is taking a beating. Doesn’t matter how bad Australian crop is for quality, it’s all about quantity. $15 wheat IMO is a far stretch. Something is strange when production is down in most commodities, yet the prices continue to fall with it.

You will get people out their saying quit your beeotching prices are at historical highs, when is it ever going to be high enough?? You know what ... I will decide that. It would actually be nice to have a rainy day fund. We will be bled dry!!

If you think things are headed in the wrong direction, this is a picnic to what’s coming.

Comment

10 000 x 100= 1 000 000

Comment

BTO780

You will get people out their saying quit your beeotching prices are at historical highs, when is it ever going to be high enough??

People that say that don't know how to google the indexing of the value of a dollar.

If wheat was 6 bucks in 1975 as an example today's price would be 30.85 today in dollar value terms.

So actually , wheat was worth more in 1975 because it bought more than it does today.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            BTO780

You will get people out their saying quit your beeotching prices are at historical highs, when is it ever going to be high enough??

People that say that don't know how to google the indexing of the value of a dollar.

If wheat was 6 bucks in 1975 as an example today's price would be 30.85 today in dollar value terms.

So actually , wheat was worth more in 1975 because it bought more than it does today.
                            Exactly!!

Comment

The hottest commodity right now is guys going in and asking for extra credit to cover the new prices of Fert seed and chemical and it’s not just a little extra it’s hundreds of thousands more.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...