• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fertilizer to conservative's questions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    And who is to decide what "back up again" is defined as, and at what date in history do we define nature to have been in perfect harmony, that we need to get back to.
    In the 1930s the govt was able to convince many farmers to put up shelter belts even in places that didnt have trees originally. There are lots of them still around these days.

I totally expect some sort of policy eventually coming like that, but this time it will be backed by taxation and regulation, not good will. That will be an easy sell to the woke urban crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      Saskfarmer wrote;

"It was an example now move on."

Some of us are trying to actually fight the CDN Liberal Feds [passing laws with farm killing plans].... with resolutions and negotiations to modify restrictive policies like the '30% 2030 starvation plan for our farms.... and moratoriums to stop the destruction of wildlife habitats and removal of trees and hedgerows....

Some Folks [like you on here] bitterly complain about our Commodity group leadership...

Saying...that we don't do anything useful.

Yet with 'Friends like you" who needs enemies SaskFarmer.... Farmers can be their own worst enemies... you provided a good example of why this happens.

What resolutions and work are you doing... to stop the Liberal CDN Gov plan to starve your farm SaskFarmer in consultation with your Commodity Groups in SK?

You boast about your fleet of construction equipment bought to destroy wildlife and Climate refuge habitat... while providing ammunition to environmentalists to pass restrictive laws that will make farming an over regulated nightmare...simply because personal responsibility and self discipline are Not part of your farm environmental plan.

Cheers... the fight is lonely one Saskfarmer... thanks for not doing your share.

When the hot dry winds ravage your crops... because you destroyed the environmental protection with cats and trackhoes... [to rip up wetlands] then...you could complain to your self for magnifying the negative weather problems on all our farms!
      You threw in a lot of assumptions there Tom .
      Just because he has a small line of construction equipment does not mean he is demolishing everything in sight . Don’t feed the false narrative that feeds the uneducated just because a guy makes a statement about a “potential” fertility example or shares pictures of equipment needed to clear out abandoned old yard sites and over grown fence lines .
      Ask before jumping to conclusions and accusations Tom if you are “representing” farmers .
      Much of that equipment is needed to bury old fence lines and a century of rock piles .

Comment

[QUOTE=furrowtickler;520448]You threw in a lot of assumptions there Tom .

Sadly working ‘with’ the folks doing up the regulations we will be required to follow… includes the assumptions that if it could happen… some farmers will do exactly what SF has shown in the cleanup pictures posted here.

We obviously do Not ‘own’ our farmland in Canada… we because we have no “property‘rights’ either… rightly or otherwise.

If the Enviroment people and Feds can imagine it… then regulations are justified certainly from the 25 years I watched these developments… lead to the 30% reduction of nutrition for our farmers to work with absolute values by 2030.

No mention of the good stewardship management many of us have implemented over the last 25 years or recognition of wetland Conservaton and environmental wildlife habitats included in our Carbon reservoir ‘our’ farmland hosts… because they seem to have confiscated the legal right to cherry pick our labours without predisposition or recognition of our decades of stewardship.

The Climate Change license to confiscate and regulate our farm operations is in its infancy.

Any foothold we Give ‘Them…’ is justifiably used by this new generation of Climate activists… the Federal Liberal Government is truly ripe with highly paid PHDs that have no intention of being reasonable or use Common Sense. We are now getting the government we deserve the people in ‘charge’ proclaim.

No more Furrow tickling…on our farms… that is immoral and violates the informed (in Power) Climate Scientists theories of evolutions to use our farms to ‘save’ the planet from ‘Climate Change’ by 2050.

Please wake up!

Cheers

Comment

Tying the 30% less fertilizer problem, with the land improvements dilemma.
          The easiest way I could achieve that around here would be to take out every tree where there has been cows residing in the last 100 plus years. And bring that extremely fertile soil into production. I also can take all of that excess Rich soil and spread it over even more acres. Improving the productivity of all of it while requiring less inputs for decades to come. The same thing applies to the low ground around here. It maybe very short on mineral nutrients, but has enough nitrogen and organic matter to last for centuries. By far the most productive land anywhere,If it isn't underwater, or saturated.
          If I were forced to reduce or eliminate fertilizer, the best bang for my buck would be to forget about the high formerly farmland, and concentrate on all of the Bush and sloughs. I somehow doubt that is what the orchestrators had in mind

Comment

Oh my god, tom have you moved to the dark side.

We have elected officials pushing an agenda. It's real easy to get rid of these ****ing fools. Quit going with what groups like green peace are preaching and get back to reality.

Farmers need to fight not to go with what this group of morons is spewing. 2050 is less than 28 years And guess what nothing has changed in the last 60 that I can see. Dry winters and summers some years wet others now they have atmospheric rivers and other shit.

It's time to call bullshit instead of laying down and dying on Trudeaus sword.

Comment

Tom, I tend to side with SKF on this one. Nothing we do will ever get the attention of the woke crowd. Nothing will ever be enough for them until the land is back to grass, in native hands and teeming with Bison again.

I think every farm should be preparing itself for that eventuality in whatever way they can.

Trudeau fired the first shot across our bow with the carbon tax and not recognizing our sequestration efforts. He has now doubled down on fertilizer. Doesnt sound like he wants to talk about it.

We shouldnt get fooled again.

Comment

No offence tom
                I vaguely remember you sticking up for the seed companies as they were stripping our rights and selling us back publicly funded varieties ? That we had paid for once already
                Seems to me it was ok until it wasn’t and it started eroding your bottom line
                What laws are you helping to write now ?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  I think you are missing the possibility that the feds could entice, coerce or even mandate farmers put native habitats, wetlands and trees back up again.

The sticks are endless in our pathetic system.
                  Very true. Any residential sort of developments has to legally include a certain portion of greenspace. If there is any sign of a wetland even a seasonal spring pothole it either has to be preserved or an equal size one created elsewhere. I have a friend dealing with that right now. Spot is about the size of a pickup, right in the middle of a proposed subdivision. no standing water but there is a couple cat tails. Like it or not more restrictions coming, some likely warranted others not.

Also lots of places amendments have been made that were never approved that will come back to bite guys someday. Lots more soil surveys and old records around than most would think.

Also saw an article about the NCC clearing blue spruce off land they bought because they aren't native here. Selling them as Christmas trees. I wonder are they gonna pick every last dandelion because they aren't native here either?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    No offence tom
                    I vaguely remember you sticking up for the seed companies as they were stripping our rights and selling us back publicly funded varieties ? That we had paid for once already
                    Seems to me it was ok until it wasn’t and it started eroding your bottom line
                    What laws are you helping to write now ?
                    I feel sorry that so many farmers, are so arrogant, and fail to see the ‘storm clouds’ building…

Hand these ‘Climate Geniuses’ hand these folks ‘live ammunition’ (our own arrogance that they are not dead serious about micro managing our farms). to take your very words to use as the instruments to deliver regulations and recind our ‘hard earned trust and Farmers Social License’ to be responsible for the management and stewardship of our farms.

The lack of self examination and self discipline by many farmers to take the COP 26 Liberal Climate ‘Science’ greenhouse gases commitments seriously… to fail to work As Farmers together to provide a rational defence and reasonable solutions to the mitigate risks we face..: will be us digging our own graves.

Now active Farmers are less than 1% of the population… good luck voting the Climate Woke Elements out of political power…. they have convinced 30-40% of our Canadian Civilization that the Climate‘Emergency’ is as real as the very dirt /soil we hope to grow a crop next spring in.

Merry Christmas… All the Best in 2022… Happy ‘dreams’.

There are none so blind as those whom fail to open their eyes and prepare for the storms we will obviously encounter.in short order.

Comment

Fertilizer news...SF you have a new supplier in town...

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                        I feel sorry that so many farmers, are so arrogant, and fail to see the ‘storm clouds’ building…

Hand these ‘Climate Geniuses’ hand these folks ‘live ammunition’ (our own arrogance that they are not dead serious about micro managing our farms). to take your very words to use as the instruments to deliver regulations and recind our ‘hard earned trust and Farmers Social License’ to be responsible for the management and stewardship of our farms.

The lack of self examination and self discipline by many farmers to take the COP 26 Liberal Climate ‘Science’ greenhouse gases commitments seriously… to fail to work As Farmers together to provide a rational defence and reasonable solutions to the mitigate risks we face..: will be us digging our own graves.

Now active Farmers are less than 1% of the population… good luck voting the Climate Woke Elements out of political power…. they have convinced 30-40% of our Canadian Civilization that the Climate‘Emergency’ is as real as the very dirt /soil we hope to grow a crop next spring in.

Merry Christmas… All the Best in 2022… Happy ‘dreams’.

There are none so blind as those whom fail to open their eyes and prepare for the storms we will obviously encounter.in short order.
                        That’s what I was thinking when you were going on all fall about your bumper canola crop and posting pics
                        Thought it was pretty darn inconsiderate to all the people who had SFA?
                        Pretty good one here but I thought I would let the leaches work a little to find out what we had
                        Strange and now you were posting a while ago that bins were empty ? Did it not all come off?
                        By the way, How did the last social licence turn out ?
                        The other poster that said the only way these woke pricks will figure it out is when their bellies are rumbling is spot on
                        Only 3 things that will get their attention ;
                        -starvation
                        -internet down
                        -gas tank is empty
                        Merry Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          That’s what I was thinking when you were going on all fall about your bumper canola crop and posting pics
                          Thought it was pretty darn inconsiderate to all the people who had SFA?
                          Pretty good one here but I thought I would let the leaches work a little to find out what we had
                          Strange and now you were posting a while ago that bins were empty ? Did it not all come off?
                          By the way, How did the last social licence turn out ?
                          The other poster that said the only way these woke pricks will figure it out is when their bellies are rumbling is spot on
                          Only 3 things that will get their attention ;
                          -starvation
                          -internet down
                          -gas tank is empty
                          Merry Christmas
                          The sad reality is that the 'Climate PHD's'* will drive EV's... use Starlink or Cellular so their internet will remain up... and they would let the rest of the world starve first... cause its 'our' fault Climate change recked the earth!!! They * are here and appointed to 'save' us!

We grew exactly the crops I reported... many here on Agriville got much better Canola yields than we harvested... our farm overall average about 60% of normal...

And because of a late hail storm [after canola was ripe] we didn't have enough Canola to fill our Cargill presold contract... and then had to buy that out post harvest.

Cheers

Comment

Did CN go off the rails or this thread….

Comment

Anyone buy any fert lately?
                              Or hear prices ?

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                                Did CN go off the rails or this thread….
                                Too cold now.. the demurrage is going to cost us all for the lost BC grain shipments.

Folks blaming the Conservatives for the - 30% 2030 Fert Liberal Climate 'Salvation' plan... have missed the 'boat' as whiners derailed rational logic... the demurrage from this error is yet to be determined!

Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...