• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case FH 700 Drill

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case FH 700 Drill

We farm rolly land with some rock and seed with a SD440 New Holland hoe drill.
    What are the advantages/disadvantages of going to a fold back style hoe drill?
    Do they follow the contour and push rocks down similar to the wing up?
    What are the wear/problem points?

We have owned a ATX 700 since bought new in 2008.
    Don't think you will find them any different than the wing up type drills. We had Flexicoil 5000's prior to this and advantage is the increased size and I prefer it with the tow between tank. Disadvantage is the small tow between tanks. Have not really had any wear issues, other than a few packer bearings and the typical tip replacement.

Comment

You guys are pretty optimistic talking about seeding.

Comment

We went from a BG 5710 to a NH P2060. (same thing). First Flexi for us.
        Contours far better. Rock tipping might be opener style but it seems good. Like pulling a harrow rather than cultivator in corners. Doesn't sink either.
        Trails well in transport. We have 1070 tow behind with liquid cart behind.
        I've heard don't run wing off shoulder while transporting. Also heard rockshaft can be twisted and can't level after that. Follow the fold procedure. Don't know what that looks like. Found a lot of garbage when looking.
        Typical Flexi packers.
        Honestly, should've bought this drill the day before we bought our last Bourgault.
        Greatly reduced row to row depth variance. Each section independent rather than frame mounted. Again, like a harrow. Flex in middle of section as well.
        Great value if you find a clean one.
        When my packers shot will just get another drill.
        I feel as close as you can get to an independent opener drill for far less money and no need for big hydraulics.
        As mentioned in an earlier thread, went from Dutch low draft to Atom Jets.
        Much better in our conditions but now trash management critical.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...