• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE NEW ENERGY BOOM: The sun is shining on Alberta’s solar industry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My taxes subsidize lots of things. Including but not limited too:

EI of unemployed O&G workers.
    Counties not paid, and left with reclamation bills, by O&G companies.
    Insurance and assisting payments for various farming sections.

Many are/were as accessible to anyone wanting to install solar as they are for you to have relief payments in times of drought or EI in times of unemployment. Simply because someone isn’t interested in utilizing a specific subsidy doesn’t make them awful and a waste of tax money.

A lot of the time subsidies of this nature are meant as an incentive to try something. As incentives go I’m much more fond of the subsidies approach than the tax us into not using something approach.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      Why do they subsidize solar panels Chuck?
      They have been around for a generation. Why do we need taxpayer money for something that people are willingly investing in?
      Solar farms are not a hard sell. People like you are promoting all the time.

Same for Electric Vehicles. There benefits have been proven long ago. Why do they need taxpayer money to sell them to the higher income people who are the primary market? Can't they afford to pay thier own way?
      I might buy my own Hybrid but why should I expect taxpayers to help pay for it.

If they cost virtualy nothing to recharge why do taxpayers subsidize the charging stations?
      The tar sands originally received a lot of incentives and research development from the provincial and federal governments to develop what was considered a difficult and expensive industry trying to extract low quality oil.

Several provinces provide incentives and tax and roayalty breaks for certain types of oil drilling. Canada has relatively low royalty rates. All this is a subsidy to the oil industry.

Why do they need subsidies?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        The tar sands originally received a lot of incentives and research development from the provincial and federal governments to develop what was considered a difficult and expensive industry trying to extract low quality oil.

Several provinces provide incentives and tax and roayalty breaks for certain types of oil drilling. Canada has relatively low royalty rates. All this is a subsidy to the oil industry.

Why do they need subsidies?
        Why are a lot of politicians multi millionaires?

Oil companies really don’t need subsidies. Just part of the game of business

Comment

Elon Musk is the worlds richest person because people are enthusiastic about EV's. They just keep buying shares in his company even when he says they are overvalued.
          Do you think the $4500 EV subsidy influences the people buying a $150,000 Tesla Roadster? If he sells 20000 of them thats $90 million dollar subsidy to the rich.
          Tesla has over two thirds of the EV market.

I didn't think NDP's had any tolerance for subsidizing the rich?
          Last edited by shtferbrains; Nov 26, 2021, 09:27.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...