• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An idea...needs some comments.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An idea...needs some comments.

Is there any way they could make a sand bag machine that works like a grain bagger?

Would it be possible to just back a truck up and it makes the required berm?

Watching people fill sandbags during a flood when you see what water can do seems futile and a waste of time?

Just a thought , maybe they have something already .

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Is there any way they could make a sand bag machine that works like a grain bagger?

Would it be possible to just back a truck up and it makes the required berm?

Watching people fill sandbags during a flood when you see what water can do seems futile and a waste of time?

Just a thought , maybe they have something already .
    I have thought the same thing why not just use a grain bagger or modify it smaller and heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Sandbagging only works to maybe top up an existing berm or something. Anytime they try to lay out bags in a new area they are gone in no time. Futile is an understatement.

Humans have always been enamored about living on water. That clearly causes more damage than all the tornadoes and heat domes every will.

Comment

Why use sand or do sand bagging when is this available

Water filled flood control barrier - flood & water barriers

They did use them in Brandon during the 2011 flood.

They also uses toat bags filled with sand along the roads to hold back water
        Last edited by foragefarmer; Nov 21, 2021, 09:42.

Comment

Yes the water bags are way superior
          Used them here in our last flood
          Works awesome
          Just fill them with a water pump and they don’t leak !! And no shortage of water

Comment

I have seen "grain bag" sand bags in north dakota near Minot and around Fargo during or just after a couple flood events. 300ft bags layed continuous for over half a mile on highway shoulder in a few cases.
            I never saw what brand of bagger they were using to fill them?
            But I know of guys that bag urea and phos fert many years in the fall and empty them at seeding with no issues.
            So i would think a decently built grain bagger would work with sand as long as it doesn't bridge in the hopper
            Also lots of the tote sandbags placed by helicopter or picker and crane trucks.
            The resort village of Manitou near Watrous has a few tote and fence compartment style berm/dykes along the lake road.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...