• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now The Organized Takedown of Global Fertilizer Supply?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanguard and Blackrock are in there too like a dirty shirt

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      I ain't buying nothing at these prices they can all **** off !
      No moisture , no crop. doesnt matter how much fertilizer I put out. I watched crops burn out this year. Fed the weeds when the late little rain came.

Comment

here is some rocket science.... when the head of Yara says there is going to be a food crisis when he is partly to blame.

Comment

They are well aware that the fertilizer shortage they are engineering will result in famine costing millions of lives.
          Especially in third world nations that won't be able to afford food. They call that "progress".

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
            For certain we are in very strange times. The fertilzer markets have been unreal. I have been following Josh Linville on twitter. I have had the chance to hear him on webnars too. It has helped me understand some of what is going on. Like many of you come spring almost all of what we need for fert will be onfarm. It is easy to believe that someone is manipulating this market but it seems there has just been a perfect storm for prices for the most of this year and next spring as well.
            Black Swan events everywhere. Perfect storm for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Heard one retailer out here broke the monopoly and is selling for less than retail !
              This morning from RRN North US prices:

“New Highs
              Published November 10, 2021
              Anhydrous ammonia, 28 percent and 32 percent UAN and urea prices are at all record high. According to DTN’s weekly survey of ag retailers, anhydrous averaged $1,113 per ton this past week. That’s up nearly 40 percent from one week ago. Anhydrous is now 163 percent more expensive than one year ago. The average price of UAN28 is up 36 percent from last month. UAN32 is 32 percent more expensive. Urea is up 26 percent. Potash prices are 11 percent higher than last month.

Fertilizer Prices Could Be Worse
              Published November 12, 2021
              Fertilizer prices continue to move higher. Supplies are tight and demand remains strong. According to StoneX Group Director of Fertilizer Josh Linville, activities around the globe are impacting nitrogen prices. “China, one of the world’s major producers, effectively banned exports, the European natural gas remains high so we’ve lost production in Europe and we’re seeing export caps placed on nitrogen from Russia and Egypt.” While the world supplies are tight, there are no signs of demand destruction. Anhydrous prices increased 40 percent in one week and are up 163 percent from one year ago. Linville says prices can still go higher. “I know people are going to say I’m full of it, but urea prices are still very cheap,” said Linville. “When you look at the price of anhydrous compared to urea and the price of UAN on the price per pound of nitrogen, anhydrous is actually cheaper in comparison to what it normally is this time of the year. There’s a lot of pain, but unfortunately, I believe it could be worse.” In an interview with the Red River Farm Network, Linville said not to let emotions result in bad decisions.”
              Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 15, 2021, 10:23.

Comment

Potash prices going up when there is 1800 years of product in the ground and they shut down their plants is a mystery to me.

This is collusion and gouging.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Good points but I think china and Russia are trying to teach the spoiled trust fund kid a lesson that will be ignored because he is

A. Stupid
                  B. Never worked a day in his life
                  C. Is set for life
                  D. Panders to stupid causes
                  E. Doesn't give two shits about western Canada.
                  "doesn't give a shit about canada"
                  there, fixed #5 for you!

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                    Everything is happening way too conveniently, this is bigger than any one country or business.

Countries and businesses are OWNED.
                    The forest through the trees.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Nov 15, 2021, 20:37.

Comment

We’re F U C K E D !

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        We’re F U C K E D !
                        Farmers are the most reailiant group in society. Therefore far from %$#^#, but instead on the front line of a massive manufactured shit storm.
                        Last edited by biglentil; Nov 15, 2021, 20:47.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...