• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB auction @ Clair Sk.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDR View Post
    Ya but like any big purchase the warranty package and return policy is important to consider.

The other thing that comes to mind is 2 out of 3 ain't bad😁
    Depends which two.
    The closest thing I have heard to warranty is a groom who took out insurance on his future bride not gaining weight in the future. I've tried to follow up on the story to see how it turned out, but I can't seem to find anything. It was probably 10 or 15 years ago.

Comment

We had an anniversary last week and I told her I remember feeling like Jimmy from Yellowstone the fist time he met his barrel racer and she knew his name and seemed interested in being his girlfriend.
      Jimmy looks sharper than I was at that time and picked up on it pretty quick.
      Fortunately for me it all worked out and here we are today.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Depends which two.
        The closest thing I have heard to warranty is a groom who took out insurance on his future bride not gaining weight in the future. I've tried to follow up on the story to see how it turned out, but I can't seem to find anything. It was probably 10 or 15 years ago.
        Likely the same guy they were talking about who had this to say: Two things a woman can't keep low enough, her weight and her voice...

Maybe it was Archie Bunker? No actually, I heard that one about two weeks ago on a comedian/talk show type of thing and the silence after he said it was - - - S-T-O-N-E--C-O-L-D, then the crowd laughed, although along with more than a few o-o-O-O-O-Hs!!

Comment

Agree with many on here although things change/evolve with time and the continuing maturation of the relationship.
          Best advise I ever heard and it rings true and means more through these past years. "Find a good heart".
          Works for both genders.
          Even if you're a sex obsessed, dirty minded old goat like me.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
            Ya but like any big purchase the warranty package and return policy is important to consider.

The other thing that comes to mind is 2 out of 3 ain't bad😁
            My FIL told me when I asked for his “permission” to marry that there is “no returns………… period”. So far so good😎

My pastor told us in a marriage class that his wife and him made a deal that divorce isn’t an option ………… murder maybe though😉. Says it helps by knowing that leaving isn’t an option so they need to figure a solution to whatever problems comes their way.

I got way too much time and effort tied up in this marriage…………….. can’t imagine starting over. 🍀

Comment

Kinda like what I told a driller in Alberta years ago. Wondered why I didn’t hit in girl who was super friendly. I said “number one I’m married. Number two she is no better looking than my wife. Number three she doesn’t own the other half of my stuff”

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
                Kinda like what I told a driller in Alberta years ago. Wondered why I didn’t hit in girl who was super friendly. I said “number one I’m married. Number two she is no better looking than my wife. Number three she doesn’t own the other half of my stuff”
                Maybe she was hoping to?

Comment

[QUOTE=woodland;517722]My FIL told me when I asked for his “permission” to marry that there is “no returns………… period”. So far so good😎

My pastor told us in a marriage class that his wife and him made a deal that divorce isn’t an option ………… murder maybe though😉. Says it helps by knowing that leaving isn’t an option so they need to figure a solution to whatever problems comes their way.

I got way too much time and effort tied up in this marriage…………….. can’t imagine starting over. 🍀

I am very blessed, to have my wonderful partner [Sept 3, 1979] who is almost perfect... like me*... and is forgiving and loving!

"Proverbs 31:10-31

[3] A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
                  10:[3] Verses 10-31 are an acrostic, each verse beginning with a successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet.]

Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.

She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.

In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:

"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

Many Blessings accrue to our farm family...much comes from the love and hard work of our wonderful wives!

Cheers
                  *Reminds me of the song..."Throw another log on the fire..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWpYQjuJ0u0

or for others... "O Lord its hard to be humble, when your perfe...."
                  Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 14, 2021, 01:37.

Comment

Glad for you Tom.

Or as Beth Dutton said, "have the P and half the $.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Glad for you Tom.

If the years can mellow the hot blood with forgiveness and a humble Spirit... Life can be appreciated... the grandchildren enjoyed [some may say 'spoiled' but really Loved with passion]...

Now how an o'le good fashioned 'argument' is no longer 'appropriate' ... memories of Dad [God rest his Soul] getting the last 'word' in the argument meant we got to clean up the broken glass from the back door slamming... When tempers flared... forgiveness was and is the medicine of healing!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        Glad for you Tom.

Enjoy life Tom.

I heard Beth say "ALL the P and half the land..." probably half $/pension too, but NOT the debt?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...