• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guelph statement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guelph statement

The declaration outlines five priorities:
    1) climate change and the environment;
    2) science, research and innovation;
    3) market development and trade;
    4) building sector capacity and growth; and
    5) resiliency and public trust.

To my understanding what is in it for farmers.

1. We are already as efficient as we can be. We have the cleanest burning equipment. And reduced operations to the minimum.

2. That isn't farmers department. Where is perennial wheat.? or any commodity oe better chemicals.

3. Thats a grain company handout.

4. Same as 3 .

5. Farmers are resilient and the public has a shit attitude about us. Until they get to know us. As an example MEGZ was anti farming until she found out what it was all about and found a host to leech off.

Funding for everything above but nothing for actual farmers.
    Last edited by bucket; Nov 12, 2021, 10:13.

Just hold on there boys…..you guys are pretty big men posting insults against someone else behind your fake names. Pretty low if you ask me. You will be lucky if you don't get tossed off here.

Comment

Insults????

Comment

Did you reply to the wrong thread?

Comment

#3. Free trade agreements, tariffs as well.
          (Trudeau gave the role of “Foreign Affairs” to Melanie Joly…...)

#1,5. This is where the virtue signalling, extra regulation, 3rd party opportunist and “environmental” groups get involved to collect $ and farmland.

Comment

Thanks for deleting and editing.

Comment

Just read through the Guelph statement. A nice word salad, unfortunately I am left thinking blah blah blah. Regardless what always strikes me is the wide gulf between those in government and us on the farm. A perfect example for me is all the articles on maintaining wetlands or for that matter re-establishing them. This fall everybody in my area was busy burning cattails and working up dried out sloughs. I haven’t met too many farmers that like wetlands and are happy to drain them. Same thing with trees, with the inflated price of land in my area lots of trees disappearing in the last few years. Unfortunate that our government representatives are in my opinion disconnected from my lived reality.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...