• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPT Ag Minister meeting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPT Ag Minister meeting

Think anything other than agreeing to another meeting will come out of this. And why can't these things be done virtually.

They are just going to talk about nothing for a couple days.

Bibeau has been ignoring the drought in Western Canada for some 4 months now and Marit thinks its solved as well since he isn't prepared to put money towards it.

Feds are fully aware of rhe drought will
    Not initiate until (never happen) the province
    Asks for assistance.
    Province won’t ask for help because the biggest
    Farmer supporters have outside backing and want
    The smaller farmers and ranchers to go broke in
    Order to take over. Ie land and canola scams.

Province owned by oil and unless its money for
    Oil there will be no other industry helped.

Province wants people to hurt while a liberal
    Government is in power.

Has anyone from Saskatchewan farm groups or
    Government asked your input into carbon sequestering?
    And if so has anything been done?

The cattle herd estimated to be lost by 50% due to
    Zero support from either government.
    Many ranchers are out of feed by end of December
    There should have been a write off of much more crop
    Writing off crops that were near zero anyway didn’t
    Produce much help. Some don’t have water. Digging
    Empty pits was ok in areas that had moisture and
    Somewhere to pump from. But hauling was the
    Only option for the hardest hit areas. The drier you are
    The further you need to go for water.
    No brains involved in that minor assistance.

Will anyone address the poor coverage and long term
    Downward coverage of crop insurance

Will anyone finally get rid of agristability have the balls
    To say it’s a flop and not only that a major waste of
    Much needed money.

Comment

Bucket wouldn't it be productive if SK and MB improved their Crop Insurance program... especially on the value covered for each of the crops we grow? [ie; Alberta's Variable Price Benefit brought into SK and MB?]

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
        Bucket wouldn't it be productive if SK and MB improved their Crop Insurance program... especially on the value covered for each of the crops we grow? [ie; Alberta's Variable Price Benefit brought into SK and MB?]

Cheers
        Sure better insurance would help. But ignoring a major disaster doesn't solve any issues. Unless the end game is like what Big Wheel suggests.

Force the sub 7500 acre farms out.

Its pretty obvious that the Saskatchewan government doesn't give a shit about what is happening .

Comment

Manitoba did zero out crops in my area ( mine included ) baled and wrapped what was there. Just finished pen cleaning and now buying wet noses and off course hanging around the post office don't cha know !

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
            Manitoba did zero out crops in my area ( mine included ) baled and wrapped what was there. Just finished pen cleaning and now buying wet noses and off course hanging around the post office don't cha know !
            There is alot of guys getting more out of their land and not feeding yet but there is a downside risk to it as well. If spring comes with a recharge , those cows and the calves might have to be fed longer than expected. Feed will still run short in that scenario.

I try to cover the A,B, C, D ....to at least Z plans . Been lucky so far not to get to C.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

Cheers
              Good point Tom, this should have happened
              Retroactive this fall to help address the shortfall this
              Could have came with the 60/40 or 70/30
              Split offered from the feds.
              That’s part one part 2 is to be in a claim
              You have to have a decent coverage, those
              In multi year disaster years do not have coverage
              Sufficient enough. Those areas have crazy high
              Premium for no coverage while areas with bumper
              Crops have good coverage and very low premium
              The drought areas are subsidizing rhe good
              Crop areas. Guys with big coverage that had good
              Weather and one blip will get a big payout whereas
              Drought area guys got next to fk all especially consider
              The premium paid.
              This love will be shared in years going forward as the
              Drought area expanded some are slowly understanding
              This rhe hard way.
              Last edited by the big wheel; Nov 9, 2021, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                There is alot of guys getting more out of their land and not feeding yet but there is a downside risk to it as well. If spring comes with a recharge , those cows and the calves might have to be fed longer than expected. Feed will still run short in that scenario.

I try to cover the A,B, C, D ....to at least Z plans . Been lucky so far not to get to C.
                Yes going to be tough for a lot of guys my one neighbor is throwing in the towel. Its been a long summer of scrounging of feed supplies . Jan and Feb temps could make or break some guys feeding plans and a lot of guys need snow to make things workout better. A,B,C plans needed around this op most of the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                  Yes going to be tough for a lot of guys my one neighbor is throwing in the towel. Its been a long summer of scrounging of feed supplies . Jan and Feb temps could make or break some guys feeding plans and a lot of guys need snow to make things workout better. A,B,C plans needed around this op most of the time too.
                  The 2020 hay crop told me I had better make alternate plans for 2021. I seeded some oats for the option of baling...which some of it got baled. Made sure I had extra hay to cut. My hay land was zeroed long ago and is now , as much as I hate it, being grazed.

My neighbours were offered what fit into their land to graze. No water on mine. A couple guys took advantage of it. Very happy with that outcome for them.

Comment

Nothing will get done but another meeting will be set up in early January. I said watch they will delay till its spring and hope we all forget what happened.

But we all better be repaired for the new world order that skippy and Booboo are going to force on us all. Livestock will out we will eat peas like the poor in other countries and we better like it.

Comment

I don't think anything will happen until it becomes painfully obvious that P&H, Richardson and Nutrien are not going to be paid for the 2021 input lines.

Then the real lobbying aka phone calls will start.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        I don't think anything will happen until it becomes painfully obvious that P&H, Richardson and Nutrien are not going to be paid for the 2021 input lines.

Then the real lobbying aka phone calls will start.
                        They all have access to farmers land and so they will get paid
                        One way or another. That’s why there hasn’t been
                        An uprising already. The land usually going to outside investors
                        Who don’t give a shit about the community. Farmers don’t
                        Want to admit that’s why they had to sell.
                        On richies you see restructuring or retiring and some
                        Are legit but many are forced out. It’s collecting of
                        Land into big parcels for someone to eventually
                        Own and control guess who that will be?
                        And I m not against the saskfarmers etc as I give
                        Him credit for speaking up the issues for all
                        Farmers.

Comment

IMHO if you expect any meeting that incudes the fedral government to be about helping farmers you may be in for more disappointment.

They have all the new climate initiative to enact. Money will be on the table but at what cost? That will include any funds previously shared.

Better get all that squaring up fields and fence line removal done now as that will never happen under his zero deforestation comitment.
                          Won't be any swamps drained. That stuff is too valuable to our climate initiative.

Rememer this fall for the work you got done because in the near future someone will write you a ticket when they see a brush pile and remediation will take on a whole new meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            IMHO if you expect any meeting that incudes the fedral government to be about helping farmers you may be in for more disappointment.

They have all the new climate initiative to enact. Money will be on the table but at what cost? That will include any funds previously shared.

Better get all that squaring up fields and fence line removal done now as that will never happen under his zero deforestation comitment.
                            Won't be any swamps drained. That stuff is too valuable to our climate initiative.

Rememer this fall for the work you got done because in the near future someone will write you a ticket when they see a brush pile and remediation will take on a whole new meaning.
                            Yes I see that also in the future but nothing will
                            Happen if our provincial government doesn’t take the
                            Lead and request something. And what you said is
                            And has been my point all along we need someone
                            To represent us in these discussions that has our
                            Interested at the forefront we have no one just
                            Government suckholes wanna bees.

Comment

The only thing that will come out of this is more help for Quebec dairy and poultry

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...