• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price drop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price drop

Wht down 60 cents
    Canola down 1 dollar
    Since Monday.
    They sure like to play with farmers minds..

Elevators plugged with canola, I don't get it.

Comment

All the cheap contracts are filled so they need some more. Farmers are suckers every time

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Elevators plugged with canola, I don't get it.
        Nothing to do with fundamentals. Just dumb ass printed money flowing around from one asset class to another. In commodities one day, telsa the next, bitcoin the day after.

Comment

At these prices, there will not be much export business for canola because exports only go to a handful of countries. china is starting to go down with its largest sector to soon be in free fall. This will push up interest rates because they will have to cash in foreign bonds to prop up their failing economy. This is long term bearish for canola. Domestic business is where it is at for the short term anyways.

Comment

Lots of shiny steel payments due in the next 30 days for a lot of folks. Even grain cos know that !
            Last edited by Old Cowzilla; Nov 5, 2021, 10:43.

Comment

Sitting here thinking about how there’s no subsoil moisture and I haven’t bought a prill of fertilizer for next year with all my pitiful crop in the bin screw it. I’ve said before seed the hills and poor land to grazing/feed crop, maybe spend more on better land with a field or two of canola and let er buck. Maybe fallow a field or six to boot. We are in a drought and these things stick around for multiple years here. I dumped some cows this fall and am thinking about finding an off farm job. Last drought stretched at least 5 years. We aren’t a breadbasket now we are a basket case.

Comment

Will probably seed everything prepped to alfalfa and hope for rain next June. I won’t make money with stupid input costs on grain, especially with no moisture. Will reassess situation next May.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                  Will probably seed everything prepped to alfalfa and hope for rain next June. I won’t make money with stupid input costs on grain, especially with no moisture. Will reassess situation next May.
                  If it wasn’t so dry I’d seed more alfalfa as inputs are stupid and my fallback is cows and hay on the calcareous and solonetz soils. These these environmental loons blab about sustainable practices, well we have done these things to survive since we settled to survive.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...