• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The left is starting to eat itself ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The left is starting to eat itself ..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-blockaded-in-his-car-by-climate-protestors-who-claim-he-tried-to-run-them-over

The media narrative has been for the past few years of how crazy the right was .... well this was coming and about to get worse for the other side
    I will sit near the middle and giggle of how far radically left they tried to go . It will implode on themselves.

Let’s try to meet in the middle before society completely breaks down

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Just read a quote from an article about a Peace area farmer, he calls himself a radical centrist.
    I think I might just borrow that phrase.

I like your optimism, but it isn't clear at this point; will the average citizen disavow the extremists and move back to the center, or join the extremists for fear of being ostracized for not being far enough left/right, with no apparent room in the center? We are devolving back into being tribal.

Comment

There is only right and wrong.

Comment

The extremes of both are no different than each
        Other they want to destroy the rest of us and
        In the end if either side triumphs will destroy all
        Of us including themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          The extremes of both are no different than each
          Other they want to destroy the rest of us and
          In the end if either side triumphs will destroy all
          Of us including themselves.
          Will we end up cutting the baby in half? Or will sanity prevail?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-blockaded-in-his-car-by-climate-protestors-who-claim-he-tried-to-run-them-over

The media narrative has been for the past few years of how crazy the right was .... well this was coming and about to get worse for the other side
            I will sit near the middle and giggle of how far radically left they tried to go . It will implode on themselves.

A few thoughts. Joe Manchin’s car was being blockaded because Joe Manchin is holding out voting for Joe Biden’s $1.75 trillion spending package. They feel his holding out is targeting the Black community. What is interesting for me in this situation is the U.S. system is showing itself to be superior to Canada in that there is more checks and balances on the leader of the country. In the U.S. the senate has some clout, in Canada once elected the Prime Minister is essentially a dictator.

Comment

When the right represents big bussiness and fiscal policies and the left represents human rights and social policies I feel both have in the past and will in the future be important to a functional society.Every 8 years or so in Canada and the US there is a switch back and forth.This switch is an important political correction to keep policies going extreme one way or another yet keep a balance between fiscal and human right issues.If was person that was angry when a certain party was not in power history shows I would be an angry person for half my life.That would be a waste of half a life the way I see it.

Comment

The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt and A Conflict of Visions by Thomas Sowell

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkCSbANBeuI.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                  When the right represents big bussiness and fiscal policies
                  I'm afraid you are way behind on the political trends. No party can honestly say they represent fiscal policy let alone conservative fiscal policy, they both have adopted the same fiscal irresponsibility.

And as for big business, in the US they have almost fully shifted to Democrats now for the first time in decades.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...