• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They want to call it: 'Regenerative Agriculture'...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They want to call it: 'Regenerative Agriculture'...

No matter what we call 'sustainable farming' Agriculture [including Aquaculture] and Forestry are the backbones of all life on Earth.

If plant based agriculture increases 'carbon capture' [the carbon sink' if you like] just 9%, the BBC reports we could sequester all the 'excess' c02 out of the air added extra since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p0b0mmcf/can-a-transfarmation-save-the-climate-

'Regenerative Agriculture' uses the 330B tons of C in the atmosphere/land/water carbon based plant systems... [using photosynthesis] increasing the capture of carbon [out of the ecosystems] just 9 percent... removes all the 'excess' c02 from our air.

I say the 'scientific consensus' at COP 26 has missed the opportunities wide open and staring us in the faces... Greed, consumerism, and computers have tainted the worldview of a sustainable life enhancing carbon based future for humanity and our planet earth.

We can restore the 'Garden of Eden' if we choose to transform from a consumer consumptive microchip based growth economy.. to a carbon balanced biosphere building on our strengths and community building opportunities.

How we efficiently use plant nutrients, N, and livestock [with wise use/recycling of technopogy and genetics] is key to restoring a balance that is sustainable and life enhancing. There is no life without Carbon!

Cheers

It is all in our heads, folks; wisdom and cooperation are only a thought away!

And what recognition is there for those of us whose farming methods have been healthy and productive for many generations? And I don't mean organic, just best practices in general.

Those of us who have not cropped right to the water's edge, who have left the woodlots that have stood there since the ice age, those of us who have always kept a significant portion of the land in green crops, year-round? Those of us who may have seen slightly less cash flow in order to keep a mixed farm in good rotation?

There's no recognition or premium for what we do.

Regenerative agriculture, sustainable farming - whatever the catchword of the day may be, is nothing other than an effort to bring all production under control and conforming to the agenda.

And while many farmers can and should improve their methods, the worst of it is that our "producer groups" - who love propagating the UN messaging -are nothing other than a bunch of horny "producer groupies", a vacillating bunch of quislings who love nothing better than pimping out the people they are to represent.

What a despicable bunch of spineless wimps. Every one of them.

There is zero separation between them and your NFU guy who is sipping wine with the Sock Puppet in Glasgow. Unless it's that he at least admitted his hypocrisy in being where he is.

Comment

Well there's only one solution Burnt, rather than soapboxing on Agriville step up and get involved.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Well there's only one solution Burnt, rather than soapboxing on Agriville step up and get involved.
        It's just that some of us like to use a bit of discretion when choosing our associates.

There's no soap that will get rid of that stench once you've been a part of it.

And for you to suggest that others haven't done their part - well that's a discouraging assumption to hear from one of my most loyal fans!

BTW - there's no capital "B" on burnt. You shouldn't try to make me more than I am!!

Comment

Our mla and mp s are the ones supposed to be
          Representing us??? How about our crop groups?
          Ape ass?
          Or do we not want government involved???? Lmao
          It’s the reality that some don’t see.

Why aren’t we getting premiums for the changes we ve
          Made? Why are we not making the argument for
          Real food not lab shit? Somebody is going
          To have to stand up and tell our story.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            It's just that some of us like to use a bit of discretion when choosing our associates.

There's no soap that will get rid of that stench once you've been a part of it.

And for you to suggest that others haven't done their part - well that's a discouraging assumption to hear from one of my most loyal fans!

BTW - there's no capital "B" on burnt. You shouldn't try to make me more than I am!!
            Ok Fried we ll remember that!!!

Comment

Why aren’t we getting premiums for the changes we ve
              Made? Why are we not making the argument for
              Real food not lab shit? Somebody is going
              To have to stand up and tell our story.[/QUOTE

Comment

We are degenerating in a quick hurry. We have gone from the land of plenty; plenty of energy, food and fearless ambition to the land of shortages, prolly food next and the ambitious are being taxed out of the country. All that will be left is fearful whiners trying to pick the next guy’s pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  We are degenerating in a quick hurry. We have gone from the land of plenty; plenty of energy, food and fearless ambition to the land of shortages, prolly food next and the ambitious are being taxed out of the country. All that will be left is fearful whiners trying to pick the next guy’s pocket.
                  Too bad there aren't some examples in our recent history of how this goes!

Oh wait ...

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    We are sure good at cooperation[sarcasm]... too bad trust is lacking... so many farmers farm with integrity,

Sad that we fail to communicate so many of the good farmer examples. But who in their right mind wants to be shot at by exposing themselves to hackers and the corrupt 'driftwood' that litters our landscape and lives.

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt, and they buried me faster than snow melting in the middle of our last 'heat wave'!

Yet rational wisdom says we do not have to fall for the 'conventional climate change consensus' that COP 26 is demanding we swallow! It is simple greed and exploitation of farmers and food growers. Chilly thought... what do we do about it?

Cheers

Comment

A couple years back I was speaking with a guy who works for a carbon program developer in Airdrie. Lots on the go in that department but he said it pays better to be practicing terrible methods; excessive tillage, farm all the potholes, don’t have a treeline, knock em all down, poor rotation type stuff, because then as you adapt the policies you’re showing great improvement and get paid. Where if you’ve been doing what the policies want for 30 years, you’ll receive less compensation.

Pretty much it’s an incentive to switch practices and if you’re already there, you don’t need an incentive!

Sustainable and Regenerative, in my mind are fairly straight forward words. However sustainable environmentally isn’t usually sustainable economically. And regenerative… well that should mean allowing regeneration but some people don’t feel that way or seem to interpret it too strictly. I recently waded into the shit of a regenerative Facebook group and got told numerous times dry lots and sacrifice areas are not regenerative practices. Of course they seemed to all be people living in less extreme climates with mostly book knowledge vs practical.

I think farming is in a unique position to be able to do better, but that doesn’t mean everything it does is rotten. And the idea that taxing us out of doing things is more likely to succeed than incentivizing us into doing things… moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        A couple years back I was speaking with a guy who works for a carbon program developer in Airdrie. Lots on the go in that department but he said it pays better to be practicing terrible methods; excessive tillage, farm all the potholes, don’t have a treeline, knock em all down, poor rotation type stuff, because then as you adapt the policies you’re showing great improvement and get paid. Where if you’ve been doing what the policies want for 30 years, you’ll receive less compensation.

Pretty much it’s an incentive to switch practices and if you’re already there, you don’t need an incentive!

Sustainable and Regenerative, in my mind are fairly straight forward words. However sustainable environmentally isn’t usually sustainable economically. And regenerative… well that should mean allowing regeneration but some people don’t feel that way or seem to interpret it too strictly. I recently waded into the shit of a regenerative Facebook group and got told numerous times dry lots and sacrifice areas are not regenerative practices. Of course they seemed to all be people living in less extreme climates with mostly book knowledge vs practical.

I think farming is in a unique position to be able to do better, but that doesn’t mean everything it does is rotten. And the idea that taxing us out of doing things is more likely to succeed than incentivizing us into doing things… moronic.
                        Thanks Blaithin;

The sad part is that we are not actively working to reward farmers who have worked, with great effectiveness, to become much more 'greenhouse gas' neutral in fertilizer through high efficiency methods of N application and direct placement of highly soluble low application rates of fertilizer. We on our farm are using 30% less fertilizer already over the past 10 years... Natural Air drying of grain whenever possible; High efficiency trucking low fuel use, and high R44 insulating reducing heating needs of our shop.

Doing the right thing... is important... not being paid for good C practices is secondary... being responsible to the planet, doing what is the best possible; is a very big part of why we farm with integrity...
                        Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...