• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cottonpicken: 5 years today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonpicken: 5 years today

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
    Cotton; We shall remember him | Agriville.com
    https://www.agriville.com/threads/32850-cotton-we-shall-remember-him

Talk - Reach out - You're never alone

Reach out and talk to friends, family, peers because that is pretty well all you’ve got. The professional establishment is almost non existent when you are looking for help. Bell does an add blitz each year but the line is dead a week after the blitz is over. Same story if your working with a physical disability in ag. Money for useless politicians and bureaucrats but none for the people they are supposed to be helping.

Comment

Life is precious - and fragile. Keep safe dear Agrivillers. Its been a tough, frustrating year for most everyone in the province and much of the prairies. But it is behind us now. And remember, if the job is too easy, everyone would be doing it. Usually, only the strong survive.

Comment

My sister in Sherwood Park has two boys in junior high. She tells me they are having a class on mental health permanently in the curriculum.
        I believe and hope, that over enough time education can at least place this topic in the right light within the general population.
        I dream of the day when we can talk openly about mental health as we do MS or diabetes today.
        Not as an excuse for maladaptive coping strategies but compassion and recognition through understanding.

Comment

Good topic its hard to believe its been 5 years.

Time heals but the ones left behind always have to deal with what happened.

Comment

His insight would be invaluable now with everything going on .

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              My sister in Sherwood Park has two boys in junior high. She tells me they are having a class on mental health permanently in the curriculum.
              I believe and hope, that over enough time education can at least place this topic in the right light within the general population.
              I dream of the day when we can talk openly about mental health as we do MS or diabetes today.
              Not as an excuse for maladaptive coping strategies but compassion and recognition through understanding.
              Think they’re addressing mental health at my kids school in that way as well. Remember my grade 12 year my initiant in grade 7 hung himself. I knew the kid had a rough go and I tried to treat him good so when I found out what happened I took it personal like i could’ve done more but that isn’t how it goes. It was a rough 6 years of high school had 2 friends killed in separate vehicle accidents as well. For a school of 200 kids it hit close and deep. There was no crisis counselling and we found our ways to deal I guess but some of us struggled. Makes one really think about how much of a mental black hole it is for native kids to put up with the crap they see.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...