• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fix is in

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fix is in

I just read “Terence Corcoran: The G7 Plan: Build back the State.” in the Financial Post. Certainly no doubt our leaders are just puppets of a much larger plan. A plan that makes me very pessimistic for my kids future!!

So are you happy with poorly regulated capitalism that is leading to monopolies and near monopolies that do not play by "free" market rules that disadvantage weak and small players.

Seems like there is a lot of complaining on Agrisilly about dominant big business taking advantage of farmers and charging as much as possible for everything we buy and sell.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 31, 2021, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      So are you happy with poorly regulated capitalism that is leading to monopolies and near monopolies that do not play by "free" market rules that disadvantage weak and small players.

Seems like there is a lot of complaining on Agrisilly about dominant big business taking advantage of farmers and charging as much as possible for everything we buy and sell.
      I generally find that by the time government realizes there is a trend or that something needs to change it is already to late. Our health system is a perfect example of how poorly government owned institutions function. Government ownership and direction always leads to rationing. Now do I think what some of our overly powerful corporations have done is any better, absolutely not. But if government unilaterally removes market signals and dictates direction we are in big trouble.

Fertilizer is another example. China has put export restrictions on Chinese made fertilizer, lowering world supply. Many European manufacturers have shuttered manufacturing plants because of high natural gas prices due to government regulations shutting down exploration and due to Russia controlling a large portion of the remaining supply and due to governments shutting down various types of electrical generation which increased natural gas demand. So when you look at the reality government is responsible for the spike in fertilizer prices not private corporations!!
      Last edited by Hamloc; Oct 31, 2021, 09:19.

Comment

"Our health system is a perfect example of how poorly government owned institutions function."

You would prefer a more expensive US system where millions have low or no insurance coverage and are hesitant or scared to go to the doctor?

That's rationing based on the ability to pay.
        Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 31, 2021, 09:29.

Comment

"Our health system is a perfect example of how poorly government owned institutions function."

You would prefer a more expensive US system where millions have low or no insurance coverage and are hesitant or scared to go to the doctor?

That's rationing based on the ability to pay.
          Both systems are rationed based on the ability to pay. The only difference is in one system you have the option to bypass the rationing.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Both systems are rationed based on the ability to pay. The only difference is in one system you have the option to bypass the rationing.
            But the Canadian systems wins hands down when it comes to making sure everyone is covered and not just those who are well off. Plus if you are really well off in Canada you can head to Rochester and the mayo clinic and pay for whatever you want.

Comment

‘Covered’ that’s one way to put it. 👎

Comment

Not sure why I keep looking at this sites' deep well of negativity.
                A few Sunday morning thoughts.
                Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
                Unless it's regarding climate?
                Unless it's a viewpoint you yourself hold?
                The various forms of democracy in the world are a fairly new and evolving experiment. Studying the American form still gives me faith even though it too will evolve over time with the societies that live it.
                Interesting to think the Chinese culture will likely exist in 200 years much as it does today. Their governance will not fundamentally change that.
                Our culture however is evolving and changing and so therefore will our governance.
                Looking forward 50 years it is my hope that our attitudes toward health care can evolve from a disease based management model to a more holistic stance. Particular sections of our health system are completely dysfunctional and paralyzed. If you want irrevocable evidence journey with a family member through the mental health world.
                In other commonwealth countries, attitudes changed with education over generations. Think climate phenomenon as a model.
                To think our current model or any model, is an absolute is foolish. Hence the usual ahole and his patent responses.
                As I ponder mortality and the remaining journey. I think hope and faith is all you have.
                Hope that the current monopolies will eventually be dealt with as was Standard Oil. Faith that our society although poorer, will be stable at least for our children.
                Apologies for the rambling but some days I just turn the brain off.

Comment

I don’t think it is the brain you turned off blackpowder, so much as the filter.

Comment

But the Canadian systems wins hands down when it comes to making sure everyone is covered and not just those who are well off. Plus if you are really well off in Canada you can head to Rochester and the mayo clinic and pay for whatever you want.
                    You do of course realize there are other health models in the world besides Canada and the U.S. My sister married an Australian and after having spent half her life here and the other half in Australia it sounds like Australia has some good ideas. I won’t pretend to know much about Australia but if I understand her correctly they have universal access but if you desire you can pay for(and she did) insurance which gives you access to shorter wait times. This has served her well. The problem with people like you Chuck is you have no imagination, it is only what we have now or an American system. You insult us Neanderthals for our lack of intelligence but your tunnel vision limits your ability to see there are ways to improve our health system.

Comment

The leftist mouth breather crowd are nothing but great at sloganeering.

For profit health care isnt a thing. If the govt allows me to pay them to get an advanced MRI, that money goes to them to create services for someone less fortunate. And I still pay the same taxes.

But the uninformed would rather everyone suffer in mediocrity, sort of the Canadian way. We seem to hate success that why nothing is made here anymore, not even masks and vaccines.

Comment

Allow me if I may a little back story.
                        And hopefully an explanation why aholes are a trigger.

Two weeks ago I managed to find after a years struggle, a private psychologist for my son. $200/hr.
                        His mother subsequently nearly got him charged for seeing him without her consent. Of which she has refused in the past. It is straightened out now but what a roller coaster. Dealing with difficult personalities (aholes) a draining experience. Occasionally I forget I am dealing with someone whose subconscious needs to alter facts to fit it's feelings.

You see, under our disease based model. Psychiatry is diagnose and medicate only. Paid in 15 minute descending scales. Hence there are only a handful of child psychiatrists in the province. None of which are accessable unless a crime or suicide attempt is committed. And then for 15 minutes. Not to understand and work with the patient's problems, only to medicate and bill at the higher rate.
                        Psychologists on the other hand can't prescribe only counsel. Again a severe shortage. If you rely only on the public system you can easily fall through the cracks.
                        Mediocrity is rewarded and therefore rampant in the entire system. Under qualification as well.
                        AHS Mental Health abandoned us on numerous occasions. Ejection from programs as they needed a success rate for funding. Appointments not continued or pursued because of lack of engagement.
                        Children's Services told me there was nothing they could do unless I was abusive or suicide was attempted. Even then there are 100 kids for every placement. FSCD support and funding has led nowhere as they are overrun to the point of non existent. One phone call every six months. Certainly no financial support.
                        My son has been mentally unable to attend school or leave the house for that matter, for nearly a year and the public support system is more hindrance than help.

Thank God I can access my own financial resources where many can't.
                        Thank God I can navigate the confusing waters where others can't. Life is indeed harder if you're stupid applies.

If this process costs me $2-3000/month, should it not be used?
                        The shortage of qualified personnel is a result of the system.
                        Mental health being treated like a broken leg is part of the problem. Education models for societal understanding generational but are coming. We are 50 years behind Britain.
                        Throwing more money at the wall without changing the model won't get better results.

The resident difficult personality on here is screeching out at things he knows nothing of through fear alone.
                        Fear is a base emotion acting before rational thought. An excellent crowd motivator.
                        But on this matter I would ask for a more rational discussion. Have your identity validated within your climate world but please leave fear and ignorance out of health care.
                        Gauntlet thrown.
                        Last edited by blackpowder; Oct 31, 2021, 13:04.

Comment

All valid points Blackpowder. There are many hybrid systems around the world and it depraved ignorance to think it is either solely public financed and managed system or the for profit model.

It is the largest expenditure government makes. They should spend considerable resources trying to improve it without invoking the "hidden agenda" boogeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                            All valid points Blackpowder. There are many hybrid systems around the world and it depraved ignorance to think it is either solely public financed and managed system or the for profit model.

It is the largest expenditure government makes. They should spend considerable resources trying to improve it without invoking the "hidden agenda" boogeyman.
                            Exactly.
                            However I feel govts can't make effective decisions unless societal attitudes improve through education.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                              On the health note my father is out of pain only because of private care options, the public system does not care for you unless it’s urgent.

On the fixed part of the thread check out this book
                              “ Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” and then relate that to what China is now doing.
                              I was introduced to that book by a very smart colleague of mine. The reason , was discussing the ideas of Peter zeihan. In his opinion, Peter is only a paid shill. Just a new Twist on the economic Hitman concept.
                              After Reading the book, I read an article from Africa, where they were complaining about the horrific terms of the infrastructure deals the Chinese were helping them out with. It played out exactly as it did in the book.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...