• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel Buildings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel Buildings

Anyone pricing wooden pole sheds lately? We are looking for 2 50x60 16 foot wall.

Why 16 foot? There are many places to cut cost height wouldn’t be first choice.

Build at least one at 20 feet or 21 then you can drive the air drill in and get it out of the summer heat, and all the UV rays that destroy

Comment

I am interested to hear people’s opinion as well. Looking to put up a 60x150 cold storage. Would put up either a wood or metal shed.

Comment

70 or 80 feet wide (wider the better ) much easier to put away headers, swathers, and everything else. I see a lot of damaged walls and doors.

Consider this, is 30 or 40 foot wide enough? No one, no one ever regrets wider or higher than they need at the time of the build. Its like everything else, this is long term infrastructure make it functional years in the future. No one builds 3300 bushel westeel flat bottom bins anymore and they were the king and Cadillac for 20 years, today you cant give them away.

Comment

60x80x18 approx $80k
          60x200x20 approx 150k

Pole sheds built within the last 3-5 years. Curious today’s costs. I am in expensive area too.
          Last edited by Taiga; Oct 30, 2021, 10:11.

Comment

Did a 70x200 x20 Goodon in May, sliding doors on 1 end 33 ft opening, 45 foot bifold other end. 224k plus taxes.

Comment

Dirtfarmer, is that insulated and lined, concrete floor?

Comment

My guess is just the building for dirt farmer. That would be a nice size though.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Anyone pricing wooden pole sheds lately? We are looking for 2 50x60 16 foot wall.
                  Did a 60X150X22 in 2009. Split in half for heated shop. In floor heat,love it. Cost then complete was ~200K. Did a 60X200X22 cold storage in 2018. Both pole sheds, 40' bifolds on both ends of cold storage one ,shop has 24X20 roll up on side. Cold storage building also 200K in 2018. wouldn't build any shorter for sure.

Comment

Cold storage, gravel floor

Comment

Would be curious to hear some steel prices too. I want to build another 60x100x20 shed too, I got some pole shed prices in the spring ($109,000) and then again in September, dropped by 15% over that time, they told me if I can wait till next year there likely will be a big drop again. I talked to 3 different metal building outfits, all said the same thing, too expensive for farmers, approx double the cost of wood pole frame but would not actually give me a quote or even an approx per sqft price. What a crappy way to do business, how do they know I wouldnt pay more for a steel structure.

Comment

Agree horrible way to do business - no price quotes/estimates

Its also bad when it takes weeks to get pricing

When of if they do quote most people have made decisions or moved on already.

Heaven forbid they get a quote approved , how will they ever manage the logistics in a timely maner?

Comment

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
                          I am interested to hear people’s opinion as well. Looking to put up a 60x150 cold storage. Would put up either a wood or metal shed.
                          Build two 60x75. Easier to get stuff out of the middle and less fire hazard.

Comment

Has anyone done a comparison between pole structure and stud wall on a concrete foundation?

When we replaced our barn 10 years ago, the concrete looked much more suitable for us. But I don't remember the costs anymore. 60x108.

We went with an 8' concrete wall, 4' foundation in ground and 4' sandwich wall above, with a 16' - 2x8 stud wall on 24'' centers. Beautiful for round bale storage.

One end of the building is heated work shop, 32' x 60'. lots of windows, eastward.

Went with a 16' x 24' polycarbonate overhead, southward facing.. But now that we've scaled down the farming, it would be much more practical to have a smaller overhead since we don't need the width anymore for bigger machinery.

The poly door sure brightens up the shop with natural light and draws a lot of warmth. When the sun shines... but when it does, it will raise the temperature by as much as 10 degrees on a sunny day.
                            Last edited by burnt; Oct 30, 2021, 14:07.

Comment

Figure on about $18-20 per square foot for a built shed depending on options.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...