• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deter mice in equipment?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used peppermint oil and bounce sheets that need be replaced often. The peppermint oil seems to work. I am trying the scented trees that you buy for vehicles so not sure about these. Lots of poison and traps placed around shed. I use steel wool and spray foam to plug any holes that can be seen or accessed. Everyone knows that once mice get into things it is hard to keep them out. Grain trucks are the biggest problem for me.

Comment

Bait blocks hung off the ground a couple of inches so the mice have to climb or stretch a bit to crew on the bait block .

I know this sounds crazy but mice it better when the bait stays clean. We put a lot of bait everywhere.

Some put a broomstick across a 5 gallon pail with peanut butter smeared on the middle of the broomstick. The mouse goes across the broomstick to get at the peanut butter which then spins and the f kers fall in and starve to death. How many times have you found a dead mouse at the bottom of a 5 gallon pail in the past.

You really have to hope a weasel or two move in, they'll clean them up.

Comment

If NOT bait, sticky traps are great, just throw stuck mice and all away.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
          Bait blocks hung off the ground a couple of inches so the mice have to climb or stretch a bit to crew on the bait block .

I know this sounds crazy but mice it better when the bait stays clean. We put a lot of bait everywhere.

Some put a broomstick across a 5 gallon pail with peanut butter smeared on the middle of the broomstick. The mouse goes across the broomstick to get at the peanut butter which then spins and the f kers fall in and starve to death. How many times have you found a dead mouse at the bottom of a 5 gallon pail in the past.

You really have to hope a weasel or two move in, they'll clean them up.
          I use ole line locating flags, heat up the end red hot poke a 5 gal pail, through a 600ml pop bottle then through the other side. Paint with peanut butter, put 6 inches of green antifreeze in the bottom. Place a ramp perpendicular to the bottle so they have to jump. No stink works all winter. Use an ice fishing ice scoop to clean em out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...